Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not true because you found a few exceptions from a while back? This thing that happens 99% of the time isn't typically true because of an outlier.

I'm not going to get into the habit of adding multiple provisos to every comment I make.

"Clarko doesn't typically drop players after a single game unless they meet one or more of the following qualifiers:
1. Debut in the final round of the season
2. Brought in to cover an emergency
3. Get injured
4. In the single case from the last 3 years, Kurt Heatherly, Rd 9 2017 where there wasn't much of an explanation"

I mean, a lot of the time he tries to keep them in for multiple games even if they are covering an emergency.
Clarko doesn't drop players after a single game unless they came in as an emergency is you making a statement of fact which is not a statement of fact.

Add to that Lewis has already played two games in a row and it's irrelevant to the discussion about whether he could be a late out.

We are due to play well. Let's hope it is this week. Moore is a smart little player and regular multiple goalkicker. As a side that has struggled to kick more than 12 goals I understand his inclusion. He is very crafty with his one on one marking in the F50 despite his size. Good motor too.

After his AFL debut he went back and spent more time than normal in the centre square in the VFL so looks like he will be a rotation through there too which is needed esp w cuz missing.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We are due to play well. Let's hope it is this week. Moore is a smart little player and regular multiple goalkicker. As a side that has struggled to kick more than 12 goals I understand his inclusion. He is very crafty with his one on one marking in the F50 despite his size. Good motor too.

After his AFL debut he went back and spent more time than normal in the centre square in the VFL so looks like he will be a rotation through there too which is needed esp w cuz missing.

If we are due to play well, maybe Melbourne is too. I think our forward line is still a dog's breakfast and yet to click. Something is wrong with it, but hopefully you're right and it does click this week.

At training, Clarko doing his presser.

Said Brand just jarred his shoulder last week but has recovered well and will play.

All 4 emergencies training, including Scrimshaw.

Clarko doesn't drop players after a single game unless they came in as an emergency is you making a statement of fact which is not a statement of fact.

Add to that Lewis has already played two games in a row and it's irrelevant to the discussion about whether he could be a late out.

Fantastic, considering none of us are Immanuel Kant it's not really too important. What's a little hyperbole on an online message board?

The Lewis playing two games thing was a mistake though, I forgot. My bad.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Don't get why everyone is so confident. Think melbourne will be into this game in a big way. Hope not.
It’s the expectation that we will come good and play at our best or right near to it .
And our opponents are poorly performed and low on confidence .

It’s a 50/50 game for mine. They still have very strong good contested ball winners , we should cover them elsewhere though .

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't believe 10 out of 17 AFL.com.au tippers have chosen Melbourne over us.

Melbourne got belted by cats to the tune of 80 points, and have lost Viney (and a few others) since then. Melbourne are 1-5 and haven't really looked anywhere near like winning any of the 5 they've lost.

We lost to cats by 23 and have added Shiels, Burgoyne and Stratton to the team that lost to Geelong, and are 3-3, and could easily have been 5-1 if not for in game injuries.

We lose Cousins, but really, with Howe, Shiels and Burgoyne all available at the same time for the first time this season , we should have enough midfield depth to cover him.

While I can see it is a danger game, Viney out is massive for a club that has been very ordinary all year. We were far from convincing against Carlton, but bring our second half form, and we should win this one comfortably.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Status