Official Club Stuff 2019 Membership Thread

pinot

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
The silence is deafening from opposition supporters ;), and to think some were thinking 100k was just a once off from our flag, haha.
Go you Mighty Tigers, the biggest & the best!

Three Richmond memberships = One Carlton membership.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Three Richmond memberships = One Carlton membership.
The free upgrade promotion may have Carltons 3 game membership upgrade to 11 home games, but for me what makes a member is not so much the amount of games a membership allows or how wealthy the member is, but more that a person wants to actually be part of the club and are willing to contribute financially and be linked to and support the club.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
The free upgrade promotion may have Carltons 3 game membership upgrade to 11 home games, but for me what makes a member is not so much the amount of games a membership allows or how wealthy the member is, but more that a person wants to actually be part of the club and are willing to contribute financially and be linked to and support the club.

Carlton gave away free upgrades from 3 to 11 games?

EyeloveRichmond

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
As of today we sit on 100,150, an increase of 7,301 from the same day last year, even more impressive considering the injuries to key players which would put off some bandwangoners & indifferent start to the year. Truly the biggest club in the land. Go you Tigers!

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
As of today we sit on 100,150, an increase of 7,301 from the same day last year, even more impressive considering the injuries to key players which would put off some bandwangoners & indifferent start to the year. Truly the biggest club in the land. Go you Tigers!
This year yes. Clearly the benefits of the 2017 flag hold the Tigers in a powerful position in the area of membership. The Tigers Membership was ‘only’ 72,000 prior to the flag which was less than a few clubs membership figures in 2018. There are a few clubs that would comfortably surpass 100,000 with a premiership tail wind behind them. Certainly making the most of their success that’s for sure. Essendon and Collingwood certainly... And logic says West Coast if they could fit them into their venue.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
This year yes. Clearly the benefits of the 2017 flag hold the Tigers in a powerful position in the area of membership. The Tigers Membership was ‘only’ 72,000 prior to the flag which was less than a few clubs membership figures in 2018. There are a few clubs that would comfortably surpass 100,000 with a premiership tail wind behind them. Certainly making the most of their success that’s for sure. Essendon and Collingwood certainly... And logic says West Coast if they could fit them into their venue.
I think Essendon could reach the 100,000 with a premiership. I also would have thought Collingwood too, but I'm having doubts about that. While it's not a premiership, they were only a kick away from winning it in 2018 and currently it's between Collingwood and Geelong as premiership favourites, but only approaching 80,000 now. They won the premiership in 2010 and they only managed around 80,000.

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond

Someone else will eventually crack 100k but by then it won't be that much of achievement. When Richmond cracked 100K no other club had ever even reached 80K (Collingwood tried to claim 80K but were audited back by the AFL). We completely obliterated the record in 2018 and have got there quicker again this year.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Essendon could reach the 100,000 with a premiership. I also would have thought Collingwood too, but I'm having doubts about that. While it's not a premiership, they were only a kick away from winning it in 2018 and currently it's between Collingwood and Geelong as premiership favourites, but only approaching 80,000 now. They won the premiership in 2010 and they only managed around 80,000.
The premiership is everything. A grand finals appearance is far from that. If Collingwood win the flag this year they will pass 100,000 next year.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone else will eventually crack 100k but by then it won't be that much of achievement. When Richmond cracked 100K no other club had ever even reached 80K (Collingwood tried to claim 80K but were audited back by the AFL). We completely obliterated the record in 2018 and have got there quicker again this year.
When a few of the clubs with massive national appeal start converting their total fan base to members the goal posts will change again. Clubs in 10 years will have 150,000 members. If Collingwood or Essendon (or Carlton) win a flag they may well establish new watermarks by converting their massive fan base across the county. We are yet to fully unpack this broader supporter base opportunity interstate and overseas.

Back