• Draw

• Brisbane by 1-24

• Brisbane by 25-49

• Brisbane by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the Jack in is going to provide not only for leadership and a bit of contested footy but also a rotation for Mills so he can be exposed to the midfield during the game. You can’t rotate COR in the midfield. The overall changes are fairly risk averse on the surface, however if they allow some positional experimentation, well I can cop that.
Why can't you rotate COR through the mids? That's what happens every week in the NEAFL. He didn't get 41 disposals sitting on a HBF. Bloody absurd comment. You obviously don't watch or floiw the NEAFL

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Kizza is going to get us a win is he? Not on his last game he's not.

Certainly not off his own boot he won't. As I said before he's really there for experience and you can have your own opinion about whether that's worth picking him or not. Right now we have a pretty major hole in the middle of our age profile so a few older heads on the field isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

So he ******* should be. And any other Bum who can't play.
But he can play. You obviously don't watch NEAFL and he hasn't done a lot wrong, except the 100 metre penalty, which I think was far too harsh. He has been in limbo ever since. You reckon Horse doesn't get a set against players just see Aliir, Mitchell, Newman and the list goes on.

COR would be better value atm than Blakey, Ronke, Melican even Parker who has been inconsistent. At least COR gets the ball and he delivers just better than Jack or Parker do lately

* people here whinge. The reason for Jack’s inclusion are self-evident - onfield leadership for a forward line that is otherwise Reid, who’s got his own problems, and children.

Taking the season to develop youth doesn’t mean putting 22 kids out there, hoping they figure things out for themselves, and letting them get slaughtered - that was the approach 10 years ago, and didn’t work. Like Brisbane finally seem to be clicking now, but it’s been more than 5 years of s**t.

Why can't you rotate COR through the mids? That's what happens every week in the NEAFL. He didn't get 41 disposals sitting on a HBF. Bloody absurd comment. You obviously don't watch or floiw the NEAFL

Because all the evidence suggests he can't be.....substitute can't for won't if you like.

...and nothing is as obvious as it seems...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** people here whinge. The reason for Jack’s inclusion are self-evident - onfield leadership for a forward line that is otherwise Reid, who’s got his own problems, and children.

Taking the season to develop youth doesn’t mean putting 22 kids out there, hoping they figure things out for themselves, and letting them get slaughtered - that was the approach 10 years ago, and didn’t work. Like Brisbane finally seem to be clicking now, but it’s been more than 5 years of ****.
spot on J Moore

Genuinely the most indifferent I've been for a match in a long time.

Lived in Brisbane for most of my life and want to see the Lions doing well. They've been a very close second team that I've watched pretty much every week through their down period for years now. Frankly I'm not too bothered if we lose if it helps them make finals. We're not doing anything this season anyway and losses may force the board's hand eventually.

Will probably get slammed by some of the more traditional fans, but honestly Brisbane's just a more exciting place to be when the Lions are up and about

For us I don't have any real expectations. Hope Fox can lock down a place in the side, and excited to see Will back. Not too much cause for excitement otherwise. Still hoping Jones takes the next step this season. Not sure if I've seen any noticeable improvement from anyone so far.

Just me or did we play better WHILE Lloyd was getting tagged last week? We seemed to have more time and were more inventive coming out of the backline IMO. Brisbane move the ball fast. Hope we do the same.

Maybe, but if he used his brain he would realise the Swans team back then was more than just a little better than the current mob (we made a Grand Final in 2014...).

Which makes it all the more inexplicable that a past-it veteran is getting games for us now...

Jack is playing cause Buddy isn't.

The Forward line needs some structure and experience .
Considering the lack of with all the younguns .

Structure is like the number one excuse for accepting mediocrity. Just look at Reid and how important he is to our “structure”.

That's a disgrace, i was really looking forward to Dunstall agreeing with every umpiring decision against us and denigrating everything we do.

Jack is in to organise the forward line and be a calming influence. Anything more is a bonus. The rebuild continues, but you need some sense of order out there under preessure. I don't disagree COR was desrving and robottom stiff. There's going to be plenty of opportinities to get games into all of them before this season is through.

I don’t think there is going to be plenty of opportunities. McVeigh’s been injured for 4 weeks now, and COR plays his exact role and literally could not be doing more in the reserves. Still not playing.

Horse has shown he will go with reputation over form. So we will still need McVeigh and Smith’s leadership in the back line. And Jack will consistently get games because he’s Kieren Jack. Once these oldies get over their injuries it’s just gonna be another year of the same old same old.

Which makes it all the more inexplicable that a past-it veteran is getting games for us now...

Not really....?

If the team was in a similar phase back then, he would have been selected for the same reasons as Jack I suspect.

Circumstances were entirely different.

Structure is like the number one excuse for accepting mediocrity. Just look at Reid and how important he is to our “structure”.

Hehe...

I know you don’t like stats but I thought of you when I read this:

Sam Reid has won 47% of his one-on-one contests in 2019. Ranked 2nd in the AFL for the top 20 that have been involved in a contest.

(Footy Live App)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back