Carlton
Roll out the bottom feeders

Saints
Roos
Blues
Dogs
Dees

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How dare these teams try to improve their list by trading in players! And excuse me, have collingwood not invested in free agency and trading to help build your current list?
Beams, Crisp, Hoskin Elliot, Mayne, Dunn, Roughead, Treloar, Wells just off the top of my head. If by your logic clubs showing interest in a player (I. E every club) constitute bottom feeders then why not include collingwood in that list?

Nuffy

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
The age difference between Polec and Martin is 2 years, and there will be one year separating their ages when they’re traded (if Martin leaves)

Youre just assuming Polec is older because he’s been a decent player for a long time, and Martin hasn’t.
Two years exactly the time O Meara took to settle in with Hawthorn .Like I said if you took yourself out of trade don't blame other club .

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton very interested, according to Jake Niall. Trouble is, i don't think he is worth the trade cost to bring him in.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
The age difference between Polec and Martin is 2 years, and there will be one year separating their ages when they’re traded (if Martin leaves)

Youre just assuming Polec is older because he’s been a decent player for a long time, and Martin hasn’t.
Are you joking? Martin is a shitload better than the downhill skier who has been found out after moving to a club that struggles winning contested possession in Polec. Polec's had one consistent year. Martin's had at least three. Martin wins clearances, tackles and gets tagged every week. I watched Polec with his hands on his hips 40 metres behind his man (either langdon or B.Hill) multiple times against freo in one game this year. His defensive run is woeful and thats an understatement. Just watched the Eagles game versus Gold Coast. Martin again one of the best on the ground again. Back in reality you're saying a player who gets little to no defensive pressure in Polec is better than a player who does better playing in a role where he gets a ton of defensive attention from opposition coaches. Thinking before you post might be a good idea.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are you joking? Martin is a shitload better than the downhill skier who has been found out after moving to a club that struggles winning contested possession in Polec. Polec's had one consistent year. Martin's had at least three. Martin wins clearances, tackles and gets tagged every week. I watched Polec with his hands on his hips 40 metres behind his man (either langdon or B.Hill) multiple times against freo in one game this year. His defensive run is woeful and thats an understatement. Just watched the Eagles game versus Gold Coast. Martin again one of the best on the ground again. Back in reality you're saying a player who gets little to no defensive pressure in Polec is better than a player who does better playing in a role where he gets a ton of defensive attention from opposition coaches. Thinking before you post might be a good idea.

Thinking before I post?

Way to go off the deep end

A) I was right about the age difference

B) I said that he obviously thought Polec was much older than Martin because Polec had been a decent player for a while and Martin hasn’t

How am I wrong in that statement? Polec has been a decent player for a while, Martin was living on potential for a while and now is stepping up.

My statement was entirely accurate.

Oh The irony of you telling me to think before I post. Take your own advice.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Martin will be in demand. Personally think the trade will be similar to the Shiel trade. Id personally do our first and a future first with a Gold Coast future second coming back. Freo have some very promising Academy prospects available in the 2020 draft so I think the trade works for everyone wins.
Thinking before I post?

Way to go off the deep end

A) I was right about the age difference

B) I said that he obviously thought Polec was much older than Martin because Polec had been a decent player for a while and Martin hasn’t

How am I wrong in that statement? Polec has been a decent player for a while, Martin was living on potential for a while and now is stepping up.

My statement was entirely accurate.

Oh The irony of you telling me to think before I post. Take your own advice.
FFS. Polec and Martin arent even close in terms of quality of player. Polec's the outside seagull that never had to win his own ball. Jack Martin wins his own ball and has been a shitload better player considering he doent just sit out contests and was getting tagged four years ago. Even last year Polec is sitting ouside contests and getting no defensive attention.
Want planet are you on? Polec has been woeful this year to boot. Woeful being an understatement. His lack of defensive accountability has been exposed and he's been a liability for North.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Martin will be in demand. Personally think the trade will be similar to the Shiel trade. Id personally do our first and a future first with a Gold Coast future second coming back. Freo have some very promising Academy prospects available in the 2020 draft so I think the trade works for everyone wins.
I agree , presume Martin request a trade end of the season happy with two first round with second going back .

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

FFS. Polec and Martin arent even close in terms of quality of player. Polec's the outside seagull that never had to win his own ball. Jack Martin wins his own ball and has been a shitload better player considering he doent just sit out contests and was getting tagged four years ago. Even last year Polec is sitting ouside contests and getting no defensive attention.
Want planet are you on? Polec has been woeful this year to boot. Woeful being an understatement. His lack of defensive accountability has been exposed and he's been a liability for North.

Sigh

The post you quoted had nothing to do with a Polec v Martin who is a better player

It was regarding the age gap which was far shorter than what the poster I replied to thought and that he obviously thought Polec was much older because he had been a decent player for a while and Martin has only now started to come good

I’m unsure why I’ve had to explain this to you twice now

As for what you’ve brought up, yes Polec is an offensive player with defensive deficiencies. Every port supporter knows this lol.

While Polec has been the better player than Martin for a while Martin is going past him this year as he seems to be getting better as the year goes on.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yesterday, Martin in 2nd half was great. Any club would love to have him. Top ten pick for sure.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sigh

The post you quoted had nothing to do with a Polec v Martin who is a better player

It was regarding the age gap which was far shorter than what the poster I replied to thought and that he obviously thought Polec was much older because he had been a decent player for a while and Martin has only now started to come good

I’m unsure why I’ve had to explain this to you twice now

As for what you’ve brought up, yes Polec is an offensive player with defensive deficiencies. Every port supporter knows this lol.

While Polec has been the better player than Martin for a while Martin is going past him this year as he seems to be getting better as the year goes on.
Then why said Martin only worth late first round in the first place ?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Then why said Martin only worth late first round in the first place ?

Mid to late first round

And that was based on what port has been given for players they’ve traded out.

I explained that quite clearly

Obviously the more games Martin has like yesterday (which is well above what he has produced before this year) the more he pushes his case to be worth more

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Mid to late first round

And that was based on what port has been given for players they’ve traded out.

I explained that quite clearly

Obviously the more games Martin has like yesterday (which is well above what he has produced before this year) the more he pushes his case to be worth more
That's is the reason I mention 2 year difference is a lot in term of matches play and improvement.You need to look at your buyer too , if North have top 5 pick last year I doubt they trade it out for Polec .

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I think what adds to Jack Martin's value is his ability to play all positions on the ground except FB, CHB and ruck with his inside/outside game and his ability to go forward and back.

For positional versatility he has shades of Robbie Gray and Shaun Burgoyne with that silk and spring if he can fulfill his potential.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think what adds to Jack Martin's value is his ability to play all positions on the ground except FB, CHB and ruck with his inside/outside game and his ability to go forward and back.

For positional versatility he has shades of Robbie Gray and Shaun Burgoyne with that silk and spring if he can fulfill his potential.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Martin ability to play anywhere and do well, structurally is gold.

I hope my club goes hard at him.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Don't think people realise quite how good Martin actually is. Outside of the ruck and key back, he can play every position on the ground.
He struggles (compared to his potential) in a poor GC team where his strengths can't always be utilised. He's the type of guy who goes to another club and suddenly the comp realises he's actually a superstar who couldn't get a proper go at his old team.

Back