Discussion Round 10 and Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do Indigenous guernseys always have big outlines around the logos? It interferes with the design and looks awful.
Because the important thing to the AFL is that the product is identified as an AFL first and foremost.
If the way to make sure everyone sees the AFL & sponsor logos is to spoil the overall aesthetic then that's a price they're willing for you to pay.

I'm liking the Essendon design this year, goes well on the Red clash.

Strange they have placed two AFL logo's to the front, usually the Dreamtime logo replaces the usual AFL one.

Could they have two player editions and this is the retail. Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks this year, so perhaps the dream time at the G logo and AFL will be used when appropriate?

Could they have two player editions and this is the retail. Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks this year, so perhaps the dream time at the G logo and AFL will be used when appropriate?
Different circumstance but when we rolled out the Indigenous Jumper for a second time (in 2015?) For Goodsey we kept the Dreamtime logo

Different circumstance but when we rolled out the Indigenous Jumper for a second time (in 2015?) For Goodsey we kept the Dreamtime logo

That was an unplanned use of the jumper so no time to re print, this time they have known since October last year that its two round worth of jumpers.

Essendon has play Carlton in week 2 so the red jumper will work in that game as well.

That was an unplanned use of the jumper so no time to re print, this time they have known since October last year that its two round worth of jumpers.

Essendon has play Carlton in week 2 so the red jumper will work in that game as well.
The Dreamtime logo does look Photoshopped on

Don’t like the spears on the back tbh
Yep they feel a bit disjointed and thrown on at the last second. I do like that our indigenous jumpers are usually just a sash made out of indigenous artwork, no extra design elements like the spears.
But maybe it’s got something to do with the turtle so if that’s the case I’d love to be enlightened.

Yep they feel a bit disjointed and thrown on at the last second. I do like that our indigenous jumpers are usually just a sash made out of indigenous artwork, no extra design elements like the spears.
But maybe it’s got something to do with the turtle so if that’s the case I’d love to be enlightened.

They look slapped on because they’re pretty much the only thing on the back; it would have looked much better had the dots continued the whole way around. Still a cool design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once you see a flower you can't unsee it.
View attachment 666473
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I literally thought this was Carlton at first. Not sure if that's because of the large circle being similar to their monogram, or because Carlton's blue is as black as it can get. In my defense, the broken stripes around the sponsor/AFL logos doesn't help, either.

I'm a big fan of teams using their Home jumper design as the base for indigenous/one-off jumpers. West Coast have finally gone with the Wings design and I couldn't be happier. It makes the jumpers feel more attached to the culture of each club

Once you see a flower you can't unsee it.
View attachment 666473
Looks like its about to go on and the top of middle and off to me. In all seriousness though it is a ripper jumper from collingwood in what is shaping up to be the best looking indigenous round yet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back