Prediction Changes for Round 8 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Cox
Out: Adams
I want to see how they go together, playing Carlton is a good game to do that. We can match up on their talls and experiment.
Varcoe in for Adams. Cox to miss another week.

Thought greenwood was good tonight apart from a few shocking kicks, send him to SPS next week?
Varcoe or Aish will be in the frame to come in for Adams.

Was in a moon boot I believe so could be out another week
He didn’t sound confident when Roaming Brian spoke to him.

In: Cox, Aish
Out: Reid, Adams.

Cox would have kicked goals tonight if he'd played and he is a constant threat to other teams. Reid is a great backup and has proven that if Mihocek or Cox don't compete up there, we have another viable option.

Like to put Greenwood on Cripps next week, he is their heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Varcoe for Adams is all I'd do, Beams and Brown take Tay's midfield minutes.

Not convinced Aish is an instant recall and I think Greenwood has been good since coming back.

Gotta persevere with WHE now I guess too considering we rushed him straight back in. He's been moving pretty poorly in these first two matches though and he's been as timid as a garden flower.

I wouldn't mind trying 3 tall forwards against Carlton if Cox is ok.

With C.Curnow/McGovern/McKay as permanent forwards their forward line is pretty tall which means we could push Reid, even Mihocek back if the forward line is not working. We certainly can cover them with Moore/Roughead/Howe and maybe Langdon I'm not too worried about our height but it gives us flexibility to know that we have a spot to park one of our tall forwards if they're not working.

Mihocek can play pretty high up the ground as can Reid so I don't see why it can't work. I don't think it's the best make up for our team but worth a try as if it's viable it improves our depth. Other teams do it, Port to an extant (if you call Westhoff a tall), Carlton, Hawthorn occasionally, Brisbane, Sydney, WCE, sometimes Essendon, Geelong goes with it sometimes (Henry goes forward) and Adelaide have had up to 4 for the past 2 years. Certainly not the cream of the crop and it's not in vogue but it doesn't mean it can't work.

Last edited:
Another good game in the Magoos for Wells he takes Adams’ spot? Or Wills in?

And anyone else see this game as a Massive danger game for us?

In: Cox, Varcoe
Out: Adams, Thomas

De Goey and Brown can cover Adams midfield minutes. Carlton is the best time to experiment with 3 tall forwards imo. Varcoe in for Thomas becuase we’ll need the extra pressure with more talls. I was willing to back Thomas in at the start of the season but he’s just not offereing enough anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back