Past Harry Reynolds - delisted 2020

qpcpybQP.jpg

Harry Reynolds

Player Profile

Second-year Sydney Swans draftee Harry Reynolds can play on tall and small forwards and offers penetrating drive off half-back. The youngster was rookie-listed on the back of impressive form for the Sandringham Dragons and Brighton Grammar and earned a one-year contract extension in 2019, linking himself with the club until at least the end of season 2020.

Harry Reynolds

DOB:11 October 2000
DRAFT: 2018
RECRUITED FROM: St Kilda City (Vic)/Brighton Grammar (Vic)/Sandringham U18

Last edited:
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-11-23/pick-28-harry-reynolds

The Sydney Swans have selected Harry Reynolds with pick 28 in the 2019 Rookie Draft.

Harry Reynolds

Club: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 190cm
Weight: 74kg
Position: Defender

Affected by injuries in recent seasons, the defensive playmaker made his way into the Dragons set-up mid-season after starring for Brighton Grammar. The versatile runner provides plenty of drive off half-back and through stints in the midfield.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Reynolds so far. I am not sure if he will become a key defender or more a half back flanker to be honest. However he has a bit of toe, has demonstrated some composure and his kicking skills look pretty good. Defensively he has looked ok as well. Is still a bit raw but plenty to work with.

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Reynolds so far. I am not sure if he will become a key defender or more a half back flanker to be honest. However he has a bit of toe, has demonstrated some composure and his kicking skills look pretty good. Defensively he has looked ok as well. Is still a bit raw but plenty to work with.

Any of the young'uns have some shovel TM? By that I mean a potential Jude type, or are all mostly HBF types?

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Any of the young'uns have some shovel TM? By that I mean a potential Jude type, or are all mostly HBF types?

Rowbottom is perhaps the only one specific to those traits. Foot has a bit of mongrel about him. McInerney whilst mostly outside has shown a willingness to go the hard ball. I think Blakey could become a clearance winnning mid too. Ling looks more outside (though again doesn’t seem perturbed by the hard ball so could become inside/outside).

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
Rowbottom is perhaps the only one specific to those traits. Foot has a bit of mongrel about him. McInerney whilst mostly outside has shown a willingness to go the hard ball. I think Blakey could become a clearance winnning mid too. Ling looks more outside (though again doesn’t seem perturbed by the hard ball so could become inside/outside).

Rowbottom it is then.
Cheers TM - I trust your guidance.

Just piggybacking on that, I think along with Rowbottom, I could see a warrior in Tucker. Already got the mental resiliance box well and truly ticked off and if he plays with anywhere near as much ticker, we could have a Reg-type warrior, if not a Jude-type.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Just piggybacking on that, I think along with Rowbottom, I could see a warrior in Tucker. Already got the mental resiliance box well and truly ticked off and if he plays with anywhere near as much ticker, we could have a Reg-type warrior, if not a Jude-type.

Tucker really struck me as a Rampe type. Really hoping his recovery goes well, got a sneaking suspicion it was an astute pickup.

Highlights were really impressive to me.

Latest Trends podcast has interview with Robert Shaw who was Reynolds’s coach at Brighton Grammar

It’s only a small mention but gives a big wrap of him and says he think Reynolds will play senior football. Classic late developer.

Back