Review R7 - Port ate all the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

So, we r missing Dixon, Jonas, R Gray, Hartlett. Moore never would of had that impact on Dixon. Jonas/Hartlett woulda helped settle the backline too.

We r obviously in a rebuild of sorts too, look how young our team is. Our backline were all under 24s tonight + Drew and the Draftees.

We were touched up by the inform team of the comp, with an insane midfield. Adams and Sidebottom on the wings - who in our team would be first choice inside mids.

Beams floating around at half forward.

Collingwood will do this to a few teams this year.

So anyway don’t melt too hard.

1. I get we played a top 4 team in form
2. I get we had Dixon, Gray, Jonas and Harlett out
3. I get we are a young team

But we had our best midfield playing and we got completely pansted in the 1st quarter at contested possession and structures. Our captain was spruiking on AFL 360 the night before game how the captains wanted to take on greater leadership and his actions speak louder than words. He was never ready to be our skipper. Anytime we get talked up in the media, the same players fail. We are mentally so weak. We were given a football lesson. I don't put 1 inch of blame on our young players. A full strength port would have made little difference. Collingwood midfield is pure class. We will never threaten the top teams until we inject speed and class into our midfield. Not plodders. Westhoff should not be shooting for goal....he destroys confidence in the team.

Pat on back to SPP who busted his gut. Houston was good. Boak was better in 2nd half but damage was done.

Ken...I have no more energy talking about how much I want him gone!

Last edited:
I predicted we would lose by 40+ so i am not shocked at the result ... but THAT first quarter was the worst performance in the Hinkley era. Too many players caught napping. Too many half hearted tackles ... we were so slow in movement and thinking. I am a bit of a knocker of Ken but that first quarter was all about the players.

The game is on foxtel,at the moment, commentators are highlighting how many players are out for cwood.
Ling is a knob, by the way.

I think the best we can hope for is a top 8 finish> Give us false hope going forward.

AHH well, bring on the crows.
I guess they aren’t highlighting the massive age and experience demographic difference

I thought Marshall was fantastic you ****s

Im not having a go or anything but can you explain why you think he was fantastic.

In fact just compare his game tonthat of Jarden Stephensen and Brody Miocheck and then let me know if Marshall was fantastic.

He is fnk vanilla. Plays like he doesnt want to get hurt.

Looking from the TV might be different but Marshall's problem is his reading of the play. When the ball was moving forward you can see Moore reacting first and patrolling the backline. Marshall was reacting like a defender because he wasn't reading the play. He was intimidated and got ther pummeling of his life.

If Charlie was there our would have changed the whole forward line. When your key forward isn't demanding the ball the midfield has nowhere to kick. Marshall should have led higher up the ground because Moore was too strong for him

Im not having a go or anything but can you explain why you think he was fantastic.

In fact just compare his game tonthat of Jarden Stephensen and Brody Miocheck and then let me know if Marshall was fantastic.

He is fnk vanilla. Plays like he doesnt want to get hurt.

Marshall can read the footy, a smart player, he will be great as he gets older.

You want a Dixon type player to hurt people, well he’s injured and Frampton can’t buy a game under Ken.

Too many favourites.

Looking from the TV might be different but Marshall's problem is his reading of the play. When the ball was moving forward you can see Moore reacting first and patrolling the backline. Marshall was reacting like a defender because he wasn't reading the play. He was intimidated and got ther pummeling of his life.

If Charlie was there our would have changed the whole forward line. When your key forward isn't demanding the ball the midfield has nowhere to kick. Marshall should have led higher up the ground because Moore was too strong for him

So get Frampton in to play Dixon’s role with strength and aggression.

And I don't care what anyone says. I miss the Chad. :(

At this point I'm happier to have gotten Burton and Duursma than to have kept him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crap start to the weekend
They always let you down in the games you actually are excited about.

I was so “meh” against WCE and so up beat tonight.

Very hard to trust or even like this team. So difficult to identify with them. What do they represent? Nothing that I admire.

As much as I don’t think we should or need to rebuild, we must reward good form in younger, untested players. We know what we get from Amon, as we did for 6 years with Neade before him.

Frampton, Garner, Ladhams and Farrell are ones to watch and reward sooner rather than later if their good form continues. Atley another.

I haven't read the thread yet but I'd love to over/under bet how many times the word Bonner features in his first post. I reckon 4.5 is the line

Hope he enjoys the taste of scarab beetles.

Reading this thread it becomes obvious from many comments that the club strategy to lower expectations has been an outstanding success. Only a year ago many in the football world felt we had a top 4 list. We did. We failed miserably due to a few factors namely atrocious coaching (game plan) injuries (Ryder +) and our well known inability to handle any type of high expectation. Solution? Turn over the list and play the kids, have fun. Reduce expectation and create an excuse for failure. This club has lost its way big time. We no longer exist to win premierships, we exist to avoid expectation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this club will never achieve anything with Hinkley in charge, I'm sorry but the guy is a loser.

On HTC Desire 650 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was so “meh” against WCE and so up beat tonight.

If you were meh against West Coast then I'm not sure how you'll ever be pleased really. They were 3-1 at that point and had beaten Collingwood in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back