All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

Bill Shorten is beginning to look a lot like John Hewson and “may not be ready for the prime time”, according to Herald Sun commentator Terry McCrann.

The first week of the election campaign hasn’t gone well for the Labor leader.

On Tuesday, he ‘forgot’ about $34 billion of new taxes he has announced on superannuation.

His attempt to backtrack yesterday wasn’t well received.
https://www.3aw.com.au/bill-shorten-may-not-be-ready-for-the-prime-time-says-terry-mccrann/

Bill Shorten is beginning to look a lot like John Hewson and “may not be ready for the prime time”, according to Herald Sun commentator Terry McCrann.

The first week of the election campaign hasn’t gone well for the Labor leader.

On Tuesday, he ‘forgot’ about $34 billion of new taxes he has announced on superannuation.

His attempt to backtrack yesterday wasn’t well received.
https://www.3aw.com.au/bill-shorten-may-not-be-ready-for-the-prime-time-says-terry-mccrann/
Shorten was absolutely correct in his statement when he said there would be no "new" taxes, what he should have clarified was by adding "other than those we announced in our policy 6 months ago"
Murdoch and the IPA will attempt to twist things to limit the inevitable slaughter they know they are facing....it won't help, people stopped listening after they knifed Turnbull

With candidates like that you really should not form government,it has not been a good campaign so far for the labor party and they need to get on the front foot. They should be focusing on aspects of the water buy back scheme and just who did get the money in the Caymen islands and also talking about the Liberal reticence for a royal commission into banking and we have seen the reason why when it got under way.Also the labor party needs to focus on stability and why so many Liberals are deserting at this next election these are the sorts of things labor should be talking about.Australia never seems to trust the labor party on fiscal policy yet Keating ran rings around Howard and Costello and would have done the same to Morrison and Frydenberg.Shorten needs to get on the front foot and fast momentum is everything and he needs some asap.

I am sick of the Election Ads on Facebook and Twitter when I don't follow the Parties Accounts
I have switched off, I am voting tomorrow to get it out of the way. Nothing either party say will be change my vote.

I have switched off, I am voting tomorrow to get it out of the way. Nothing either party say will be change my vote.

Don't feel like Voting as the are all Bloody Useless and Only there for themselves.

IF I vote it be for the Pirate Party

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought all you had to do was show up and get your name marked off and then do what you want with the Paper
Yes that is right but why not vote at the same time?

I enjoy marking the ballot paper and seeing who I can put last. It is a big decision for me.:D

Yes that is right but why not vote at the same time?

I enjoy marking the ballot paper and seeing who I can put last. It is a big decision for me.:D

Because no one is worth Voting for but IF Pirate Party is on the Ballot then I give them a Vote.

Greens are normally on Bottom of my List but might go to Clive Palmers Party this time

I need to start a horse party. Carrots for all, money for hay infrastructure, rocket launchers distributed to all over 16s for use against the pony menace, and a dedicated tv channel for horse themed programming.

I cant be worse than Clive Palmer.

Because no one is worth Voting for but IF Pirate Party is on the Ballot then I give them a Vote.

Greens are normally on Bottom of my List but might go to Clive Palmers Party this time
Dave, please look very very carefully before voting Clive.
Palmer is not a man who supports social services. Or schemes like the NDIS.
It’s your vote, and you can do what you like with it. But you need to know your choices can and will impact your life.

Dave, please look very very carefully before voting Clive.
Palmer is not a man who supports social services. Or schemes like the NDIS.
It’s your vote, and you can do what you like with it. But you need to know your choices can and will impact your life.

Clive is the last person I would vote for,

I don't trust the Fat Prick.

I meant Clive be the one I Put Bottom of my Vote card

And yet the Greens would provide people like you with far greater assistance than the other 2 major parties combined

Just as an aside, do you ever read the policies of the parties?

Oh the irony...
"Shorten was much better that previously but still way too light on real deatil and way to thick on emotion and raising and lowering his voice. For someone who's mother is a teacher his use of "wevva' and the like instead of 'weather' is just annoying and low class... Morrison had the detail and broader effects down pat but I wonder how many people really care for detail. Morrison also missed a lot of chances to dispute Shortens claims on franking credits being a 'gift' paid for by other taxpayers.. not a bad debate, Bill Shorten shouldn't be too happy, the 2% margin was far too small for an opposition leader."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-03/federal-election-2019-morrison-shorten-debate-two/11079014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back