2019 Debate #2: Scott Morrison vs Bill Shorten (Sky News/Sky News on WIN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Small sample but that’s 39.4% ALP 36% LNP 14.6 undecided

That’s supposedly undecided

News poll is primary 36% ALP 37% LNP others 27%

Divide the 27% according to this sample ALP adds 10.6% making 46.6% and LNP adds 9.9% making 46.9% leaving 6.6% double undecided

Very close. Seat by seat warfare

Before anyone says anything huge assumptions taken
You need to sober up.

Morrison couldn’t even win with a home ground advantage.

Undecided doesn’t mean that much, btw. Pollsters are always pushing undecideds to lean one way or the other and the vast majority then do. A nominally undecided audience on Sky is likely a Coalition leaning audience in reality.

The skill of talking to a room like that is the skill of an organiser. Both leaders need to work on their expressions while the other talks, though.

Shorten was personable, funny, relatable... everything Morrison wasn't.

When Morrison wasn't getting his way he decided to invade Shorten's space. #spaceinvader #bully

You're done, LNP.

No policies, no leader... nothing.

Shorten just doesn't have the aptitude for picking the right tone of voice, body language or facial expression. Shorten says so many good things but he is wooden.
You obviously didn't watch the debate where he actually spoke with the people and listened to their demands.

What a "wooden" human being.

Morrison should be very happy with 41-43 in this audience vote. Actually seems like a bunch of undecided voters as opposed to the bunch of losers Channel 7 Perth hosted during the daytime the other day. As these cliche fests always favour the opposition and always favour left-wingers even when they lose the election horribly, then a really good result for Scott.

Shorten just doesn't have the aptitude for picking the right tone of voice, body language or facial expression.

Yep it's weird - especially the forced smile he does when introducing a "good news/policy" line.

Morrison should be very happy with 41-43 in this audience vote. Actually seems like a bunch of undecided voters as opposed to the bunch of losers Channel 7 Perth hosted during the daytime the other day. As these cliche fests always favour the opposition and always favour left-wingers even when they lose the election horribly, then a really good result for Scott.

Yep it's weird - especially the forced smile he does when introducing a "good news/policy" line.

Sky mentioned that Abbott won his debates against Gillard comfortably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always amuses me that some voters openly admit they voted purely on ‘feels’

He rolled his eyes a lot

He was agressive

He looks like a cuddly koala (John howard)

This is a campaign where Morrison has locked the rest of his party in a basement and is trying to do it all himself whereas Shorten is putting the emphasis on his whole team. Yet Morrison has now lost to him one on one twice, the second time with a clear hoe ground advantage. In what universe should he be happy with that?if you really think that a debate on Sky was going to favour a left-winger then you have truly lost the plot.

He’s certainly falling into bills trap when he says ‘voters doing it tough dont need someone telling them how well things are going’

This is the problem he has, if he acknowledges that their policies have stagnated wages and put people under pressure the response is “why haven’t you done anything about it”, if he says everything is rosy then “he’s out of touch “.

lol at the 'classic space invader line'. I wonder how long Shorten had to be coached to do what he did? I reckon that 'gotcha' line had been seared into his memory. The poor bloke probably wet his pants having to get that close and be a bit confrontational, so good on him for getting out of his comfort zone and showing a bit of courage.

I don't know what footage some people have been watching, but Morrison was standing close to Bill, not in his personal space, but not far off being in it and Bill is actually the one that continually moves towards Morrison, backing Morrison up. It was obviously a deliberately orchestrated move.

Hey Bill, if Scott gets a bit close and you feel your bladder and bowels loosening up a bit, go the whole hog and move in closer to him.:thumbsu:

When Morrison talks, it sounds like he's talking to a room full of uneducated idiots. Shorten no better. He sounds like an unsolicited door-to-door sales con-artist. Maybe I'm just cynical.....

lol at the 'classic space invader line'. I wonder how long Shorten had to be coached to do what he did? I reckon that 'gotcha' line had been seared into his memory. The poor bloke probably wet his pants having to get that close and be a bit confrontational, so good on him for getting out of his comfort zone and showing a bit of courage.

I don't know what footage some people have been watching, but Morrison was standing close to Bill, not in his personal space, but not far off being in it and Bill is actually the one that continually moves towards Morrison, backing Morrison up. It was obviously a deliberately orchestrated move.

Hey Bill, if Scott gets a bit close and you feel your bladder and bowels loosening up a bit, go the whole hog and move in closer to him.:thumbsu:

Why would anyone be scared of Scott
Morrison?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back