Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, as supposed to the integrity of all sides playing each other home and away ? (Aside from the crows who could have pushed for this like port did).
It’s good to remember that junior high level football in SA is still funded by the SANFL and that the coaches etc involved want the best for the kids ,

I think you meant AFC (& Powah) via the SMA.

Its good to remember who really funds football in SA.

Someone closer to the SANFL might be able to fill you in better, my mail is Norwood are by far the wealthiest club, so anyone but them would be my guess.
Centrals are pretty well off after years of pillaging on the pokies.

I look forward to the ad man trying to convince us Jenkins is better live because he ain’t

Was at the Game one of the few times I go to Norwood as I don't always get on well with the supporters. Watched the game and the replay like I do most times to get a better understanding of the general play and the ball watching you get on the TV,
My views on JJ,
He played crap, he fumble, was not clean when he had the ball, out of position, did not work as hard as he should have off the ball more so in the first half, even though his 2nd half was better it still was not good enough.
But the biggest issue he had in which I mentioned several times in my previous post on JJ, The one thing he needed to do was to kick goals, he did not, He did not score enough goals to warrant a recall.

I will say this now, before the Sunday game so remember it.
I hope Himmelberg play a good game, runs out the game and get better in the ruck. Because if he's playing s**t, we are in trouble next week as there is no one coming up to help ROB. (Unless they go with Keith allowing Forgaty to play.)

Again I want the Crows to Win if that means disagreeing with you and others so be it. But one thing I will promise you and others when I talk about you I will attempt to ensure you are notified,

Last edited:

Just a few observations.....

Strachan - Not quite sure why, but I like him. Neat enough skills for a big guy, moves alright too. Not sure he has a future at any higher level mind you

Liked your observation,
Just have an opinion on Strachan, his attitude to being out there playing a game is Doedee like he, He is one player who you know want to be there from the stands.

Was curious about the funds and where they go. Didn't look like there's a way to give the Crows the funds. Is there like any club in the SANFL that is really struggling financially? Might sign up for it but I dont live there so no allegiance to another team but wouldn't object to giving the kick back to a club thats not doing so well.

Glenelg

My views on JJ,
He played crap, he fumble, was not clean when he had the ball, out of position, did not work as hard as he should have off the ball more so in the first half, even though his 2nd half was better it still was not good enough.
But the biggest issue he had in which I mentioned several times in my previous post on JJ, The one thing he needed to do was to kick goals, he did not, He did not score enough goals to warrant a recall.
You really need to add the fact that he missed so many marks. He is so out of form that he couldn’t catch one of my kids blow up pool balls

Chayce played predominantly on the wing in his last two AFL games, shame you missed them.
I was at the Geelong game and we set him up as part of a 3 small forward structure. Betts, Jones and Murphy. This was right in front of me. Statistics show 5 of his 8 possessions were in the forward half.

Against North I was on the gas at a pub so fortunately only had half an eye on the game - again 2 of his 3 possessions were forward.

He clearly pushed up the field as part of his role, they all do, but he certainly wasn’t part of our midfield rotations, which was my point.

I was at the Geelong game and we set him up as part of a 3 small forward structure. Betts, Jones and Murphy. This was right in front of me. Statistics show 5 of his 8 possessions were in the forward half.

Against North I was on the gas at a pub so fortunately only had half an eye on the game - again 2 of his 3 possessions were forward.

He clearly pushed up the field as part of his role, they all do, but he certainly wasn’t part of our midfield rotations, which was my point.
Yes he’s definitely playing as a pressure forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleasing we at last get to see something of Chayce Jones in his natural habitat as a mid.

I’m not sure picking him and hiding him under the guise of being a small pressure forward did anything other than say “ look at us we’re playing our top pick too”

Play him and stick him in the guts - we already know he can dominate state league, was doing that last year
Do you really believe that?

I would think it’s our normal selection policy to try to win game by game.

He has the pace and power to apply good pressure. Which we desperately need to balance our 3 tall forward line. And arguably better attacking threat than Murphy.

If we are confirmed missing finals then sure put Sloane to half forward and play the kids in the guts.

I’m terrible. I’ve supported Norwood since 1987 from 5 years old before we stopped going in 1991 to go to crows games. As I got older I started going back to Norwood games as well as crows. Last night was the first time ever i cheered against Norwood. Think I’m officially acrows Sanfl supporter

I’m terrible. I’ve supported Norwood since 1987 from 5 years old before we stopped going in 1991 to go to crows games. As I got older I started going back to Norwood games as well as crows. Last night was the first time ever i cheered against Norwood. Think I’m officially acrows Sanfl supporter

My first live game of crows against the panthers I watched, I spent the first five minutes so ropeable about the umpiring that I knew that South had been knocked back to my second team :D

Do you really believe that?

I would think it’s our normal selection policy to try to win game by game.

He has the pace and power to apply good pressure. Which we desperately need to balance our 3 tall forward line. And arguably better attacking threat than Murphy.

If we are confirmed missing finals then sure put Sloane to half forward and play the kids in the guts.
No, was being facetious

Pretty ironic seeing Stengle take a goal off Jenkins last night after he took some off the young lads last week. Must admit I had a good chuckle. Watched the 2nd half of the game. Was impresseed with both jones and notably mchenry. Like his attitude. Seems very unfazed about what's going on and just keeps bulldozing in. Very Sloane like in that regard, get him in. Also felt Mcadam has natural ability and is not far off from an inclusion. Commentary was bloody awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back