Votes: 174 45.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McGrath will be a solid player for the Dons and still has plenty of scope for improvement. Thing that surprises me is how short he is for a defender. Didn't realise he was 178 CM which is just a smidge taller than Lewie Taylor

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Could we seriously have one thread that doesn't devolve into a Richmond self-love, circle-jerk fest? We get it, you're the greatest side that ever existed with the best players. Leave the rest of us plebs to discuss our woeful players in peace
As above, I wasn't the one who brought Richmond players into it. Can the hyperbolic hysteria, princess.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
The so-called Rising Star, is beginning to look like anything but.

Taranto & McCluggage appear to have twice the upside as players at this stage....I'd be spewing if I were a Bombers fan.

McGrath panics with the ball in hand & looks frightened of getting caught with it & making mistakes.....He's getting found out at the level....No elite pace & a lack of size aren't helping his cause either.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Subconsciously c*rlton let Eddie Betts go, deep down they knew they did not deserve a player of his skill and brilliance . :think:
Being gifted Eddie earlier in his career iby incompetent Gil was really poor league integrity.

Allowing a club with many Salary cap cheating and tanking players and to keep pick one when common sense meant it should have been a pick after all the other 17 clubs. Some guilt played out to muck the undeserved high end pick up. It is only explanation why you pick a player well below pick one level ability.:p

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

Taranto & McCluggage appear to have twice the upside as players at this stage....I'd be spewing if I were a Bombers fan.

McGrath panics with the ball in hand & looks frightened of getting caught with it & making mistakes.....He's getting found out at the level....No elite pace & a lack of size aren't helping his cause either.
Lol.
Yes, McGrath is garbage.
Cant kick goals, hit targets, break lines, handball to advantage, tackle, play lockdown, play attack, play midfield, push forward, play defence

Delist.

Maybe we should trade him with a 1st rd pick for a soft downhill skier. That'll fix the list

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lol.
Yes, McGrath is garbage.
Cant kick goals, hit targets, break lines, handball to advantage, tackle, play lockdown, play attack, play midfield, push forward, play defence

Delist.

Maybe we should trade him with a 1st rd pick for a soft downhill skier. That'll fix the list

I doubt you'd get all that much for him at this stage....Perhaps a late second rounder from the likes of North at best.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer

this is seriously low grade trolling

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
this is seriously low grade trolling
The drugs stuff hasnt really hit the mark
And Andy beating the best kid hawthorn had to a RS seems to burn so deep they traded the kid out to remove the constant reminder
Even the spectre of the merger game was brought up this week as a means of coping. Two legends of the club reminiscing of the time
Perhaps its back on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Way to address the criticisms & points in my post....which are a perfect encapsulation as to why McGrath is trailing behind so badly, both in the poll & out on the field....Rhys Palmer mark 2.
That is an even more crappy effort. It doesn't even make sense. Gibberish is just not effective

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Interesting way of saying you have nothing by way of an adequate response to said observations....Lance caught waving the white flag.....Oh my.
Pointing out how poor your trolling is going is probably the opposite of waving a white flag. It's yet more proof you can't even get engagement, the trolling is that lame

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pointing out how poor your trolling is going is probably the opposite of waving a white flag. It's yet more proof you can't even get engagement, the trolling is that lame

Ah ha....I take it that even you can recognise your own inherent contradiction here by your own actions.

Might I suggest a course of logic.... To help aid & assist you with getting your words & ideas in harmony with your own actions.

20 possessions & less than 100 meters gained, by the 2 meter side-ways hand-ball king....And usually off to a team-mate under even more pressure than him.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Probably time to drop McGrath out of this discussion and add SPS

Epic draft blunder from Doro following a poor 2015 taking Francis and Parish top 10

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Ah ha....I take it that even you can recognise your own inherent contradiction here by your own actions.

Might I suggest a course of logic.... To help aid & assist you with getting your words & ideas in harmony with your own actions.

20 possessions & less than 100 meters gained, by the 2 meter side-ways hand-ball king....And usually off to a team-mate under even more pressure than him.
Lol Hawthorn

Easier to read on this site:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...d2=6&type=A&pid1=6323&pid2=6322&fid1=S&fid2=S

To be noted though:

Berry is 3 months older
McGrath is yet to play this weekend, so could drag some of those averages up with a decent game.

But looking at this stats, Berry and Pick 17 is out performing McGrath at pick 1.

Edit: Berry vs Taranto

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=25&type=A&pid1=6323&pid2=6333&fid1=S&fid2=S

Taranto averages 27 touches, Berry 23, but at a efficiency of 55.8% and 74.9% respectively.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
It's not panic stations with McGrath just yet. He's still looking nervous and making critical mistakes but he's also doing some nice things as well. Once he tips the balance in favour of the highlights he's going to be a solid footballer.

Turning into an interesting draft as well. Besides those mentioned, really only Bowes and SPS of the top ten are playing consistently good footy. But the likes of Florent, Berry, SPP, English, Hayward and Witherden in that late 1st round-2nd round zone are going well.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Easier to read on this site:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...d2=6&type=A&pid1=6323&pid2=6322&fid1=S&fid2=S

To be noted though:

Berry is 3 months older
McGrath is yet to play this weekend, so could drag some of those averages up with a decent game.

But looking at this stats, Berry and Pick 17 is out performing McGrath at pick 1.

Edit: Berry vs Taranto

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=25&type=A&pid1=6323&pid2=6333&fid1=S&fid2=S

Taranto averages 27 touches, Berry 23, but at a efficiency of 55.8% and 74.9% respectively.

That's a very low DE from Taranto. Personally I'd have Berry > McGrath.

Back