Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Mark W

All Australian
Sep 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not just he plays well and kicks goals.

It’s the extra pressure he puts on the opposition defence. They know they have to watch him all the time.

And this is no dig at Thomas but the difference is palpable. Elliott operate at a higher level, he’s just better.
Thomas can be a good player but Elliott has it all for a small forward.
If he stays fit he’s A grade to elite. That good.

Magnificent having him back.

I don't get the point of the comparison. Theybplay completely different roles. One is a marking forward, brilliant at the one on one stuff, the other a crumber, very good at reading the ball off the big pack. They aren't in competition for the same spot IMO

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't get the point of the comparison. Theybplay completely different roles. One is a marking forward, brilliant at the one on one stuff, the other a crumber, very good at reading the ball off the big pack. They aren't in competition for the same spot IMO
Just noting smaller forwards and a difference between a good one and a super one.
Whether they play the same role or position, they’re both smaller forwards.
No biggie, just noting one is on a different plane.

That said, if the squeeze comes for spots forward of centre, regardless of exact or different roles etc, if there is a player to miss out, it certainly won’t be Elliott.
Thomas would be the player worrying about his spot before Elliott.

(Hoskin-Elliott has to return, as an example.)

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just noting smaller forwards and a difference between a good one and a super one.
Whether they play the same role or position, they’re both smaller forwards.
No biggie, just noting one is on a different plane.

That said, if the squeeze comes for spots forward of centre, regardless of exact or different roles etc, if there is a player to miss out, it certainly won’t be Elliott.
Thomas would be the player worrying about his spot before Elliott.

(Hoskin-Elliott has to return, as an example.)

If your point is that Elliot is a better player than JT, I don't think anyone is going to argue with that. Stephenson is too. Pendlebury is a better player than Mayne. Moore is better than Roughead.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If your point is that Elliot is a better player than JT, I don't think anyone is going to argue with that. Stephenson is too. Pendlebury is a better player than Mayne. Moore is better than Roughead.
That crystallises it for me.

I like the way he plays. Not sure I am a fan of the way he looks though.
Don’t take this the wrong way, but gee I was sick of BT going on about Moore’s hair last night. He really needs to take a look in the mirror.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t take this the wrong way, but gee I was sick of BT going on about Moore’s hair last night. He really needs to take a look in the mirror.

BT is the biggest flog. Bags out players then wants to do romaing BT and talk to them after the match. Surprised clubs let him do it

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
BT actually just needs to close his mouth more.

Simple.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to see Jamie back.

Please don’t take this the wrong way folks but just as a comparison. (Yes stating the obvious.)

Elliott compared to day Fasolo.

One is A grade / elite to position.
One is a medium level talent that can do things like a B + player but only a match or two a year.

One shows consistency in application, and execution.
One was hit and miss and more miss.

Both have talent but Elliott just has so many more advantages. He might help us ensure a flag.
Love we have him so much.

Sleuth1

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So great to see Jamie out there and finding his form. He has lost a bit of distance with his kick but I can see him building each week.

Nice to see Jamie back.

Please don’t take this the wrong way folks but just as a comparison. (Yes stating the obvious.)

One is a medium level talent that can do things like a B + player but only a match or two a year.

Both have talent but Elliott just has so many more advantages. He might help us ensure a flag.
I just love it when he hits up to 65, marks and turns, making a great decision every single time. He's such a good footballer.

On Faz, bloody talented player, but he's too slow to play forward. He needed to do the work and become a runner. He had great potential as a mid, but alas...

BT is the biggest flog. Bags out players then wants to do romaing BT and talk to them after the match. Surprised clubs let him do it
Bucks’ treatment of him was classic.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to see Jamie back.

Elliott v Fasolo was never close

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, I'm fond of him as an old Collingwood player, but not a fan of his commentating.
That’s it.
Any commentator who tries to make themselves the centre of focus, gets a thumbs down :thumbsdown:

Back