Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

What? They were poor for most of the night then had favourable decisions by the umpires in the last coupled with some jammy goals. Falling over the line against a side that is widely tipped to be bottom four and lost to the Gold Coast the previous week is hardly “good fighting”. Any decent side would’ve put Bulldogs to the sword. Collingwood are psychologically shot after WCE took care of them with ease, again.

I know you want to push your redemption crap but they won’t get near it this season. They seem hell bent on throwing everything at Richmond then that’s considered job done.

Seem to be ticking over ok

What? They were poor for most of the night then had favourable decisions by the umpires in the last coupled with some jammy goals. Falling over the line against a side that is widely tipped to be bottom four and lost to the Gold Coast the previous week is hardly “good fighting”. Any decent side would’ve put Bulldogs to the sword. Collingwood are psychologically shot after WCE took care of them with ease, again.

I know you want to push your redemption crap but they won’t get near it this season. They seem hell bent on throwing everything at Richmond then that’s considered job done.

Welcome back Zoom :thumbsu:

They would've buried an in form team had they kicked straight. 15.18 is bad kicking which is bad football, there are some positives though.

• They're not consistently playing good footy, when that comes they'll be very difficult to beat even more so than they are now.
  • The're showing maturity to win games when they're not "on". They were for the 1st qtr only and still won convincingly and Anzac day yeah, some will argue essendon were "robbed" by the umpires. Regardless they showed steely reserve to hold on against an in form team while playing poorly themselves.
  • They're very balanced all over the park at the same time very versatile that keeps the oppo guessing.
  • There are quite a few 50 to 100 gamers that are yet to reach potential - some far from it. Yeah it's scary how good this team could be
  • The game they play is not personnel reliant, noting the 1st qtr, in simple terms they suffocated the opposition which allowed them to spread beautifully with speedy and surgical transition. 4 qtrs of that would be very difficult to defeat - for any opposition. 12 months ago no one rated the blue collar types of Landon or Maynard for example. The system stands up and doesn't need elite players all over the park to execute - much different to wc pure transition style.

Although spluttering along their so so form is enough to test most oppositions, when they start putting together complete games - and they will, and if they manage to do so at the pointy end then the possibility of a flag is very very real.

Thanks mate. Pies looking the goods.

Yes and no,
I think we are a good ordinary team that needs everything to click,
Richmond on the other hand given there injuries to key players has opened up a pandoras box of talent,
For example Stack wow what a player!
Then you will have as the season progresses some great players coming back in,not sure if Rance will?
And Tom Lynch will just keep on improving and learn the tigers structures as will the smaller forwards that play there.

Yes and no,
Richmond on the other hand given there injuries to key players has opened up a pandoras box of talent,
Then you will have as the season progresses some great players coming back in,not sure if Rance will?
And Tom Lynch will just keep on improving and learn the tigers structures as will the smaller forwards that play there.
Tigers not a factor in 2019. Yesterday's news.

Pies supporters flippant attitudes to Richmond are no doubt a result of the Tigers own arrogance towards us last year but * I wish we’d cut it out.

I think Richmond are on a similar arc to what we were from 2010-2012. 2012 Collingwood might have been exposed once or twice but they were still a very capable side that ended up making it to a preliminary final.

So true

Yes and no,
Pies are good mate. Held off a charging Essendon that threw everything at them while not being at their best. They won me over last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Pies are a "good, ordinary team that needs everything to click' and Richmond have opened up a pandora's box of talent. You are clearly an astute observer of our game and should work along side other football brains like David King.

Pies supporters flippant attitudes to Richmond are no doubt a result of the Tigers own arrogance towards us last year but **** I wish we’d cut it out.

I think Richmond are on a similar arc to what we were from 2010-2012. 2012 Collingwood might have been exposed once or twice but they were still a very capable side that ended up making it to a preliminary final.
peak bigfooty is when both teams supporters are at each others throats though

How are your tigers going? Could very easy miss the 8!! Picking up lynch huge mistake by Richmond lol
Let's see.... COLLINGWOOD 5-2 And certain to make the 8. Richmond 4-3 but certain to miss the 8. This time last year your mob were 4-3 and then went 4-4. Remember the Buckley and Eddie must go show???? Short memory you lot.

Pies are going great at the moment and have a very good list, I still think their backline can be suspect when put under pressure as Geelong proved, long way to go they could make another GF.

On HUAWEI KII-L22 using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-make-history-stopping-fast-starts-20190521-p51pqg.html

Very selective stat, but interesting nonetheless, and exciting if you’re a Pies fan.

We would be pretty lethal if we could put together a 4 quarter performance. Hopefully building in that direction...
Is there any team you’d rather avoid preliminary or grand final day?

From a Geelong perspective it’s Pies and Tigers as mcg fan support becomes a factor. Having said that Geelong is not winning a flag if it can’t beat one or both of those teams in a big MCG final

From a Geelong perspective it’s Pies and Tigers as mcg fan support becomes a factor. Having said that Geelong is not winning a flag if it can’t beat one or both of those teams in a big MCG final

Geelong and West Coast atm from a Pies fan perspective

West Coast are currently our kryptonite. Geelong does a great job of shutting down our game, although if we were playing at our very best I’d feel reasonably confident. Richmond doesn’t worry me right now. Same for GWS. But these things can and do change very quickly.

WC/Geelong at the moment the two teams who play us particularly well, so would probably prefer to avoid them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back