Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again the elephant in the room.
15% of the salary cap tied up on a champion no doubt, but one who can't get on the ground or has been playing injured for the last season & a half.
No good blaming any lack of talent or depth. Time for people to open their eyes.

he was all australian last year but yes if not fit its an issue

Longmire wanted buddy though so

Oh ! Ok You are saying it is not true that not as many people reply to his posts. Right got it. Numbers on that ?

I reply to his posts because fortunately I don't take offence to being called a sniping Dog from somebody behind a keyboard. Purely because they are faceless.

Favoured people on here ? Please ! There is no favouritism on here !
Seriously?

How many warnings do you guys need??

Talk footy not who posts what & how you should/shouldn't post or who is "favoured" etc etc.

Will continue to enjoy watching him do the impossible even if he is half the player he used to be until the end of his career. He may be taking up a large chunk of the cap but I'd bet my bottom dollar we will pay him as much as we can this year and next to get his large wage out to the way early. Nothing we can do but sit back and enjoy watching a champion and take comfort knowing the new generation are learning from the absolute best!
I too will enjoy watching him. But I will also have to watch us struggle to get it to him regularly because our cap is too stretched to bring in quality assistance in the midfield.

Every other club would have pursued Buddy....when a champion like that walks in to your club saying I want in you make it work.

The deal was right at the time, the AFL illogical and unfair response is where the problem lay with this deal. To blame Horse for wanting Buddy is unreasonable...and I am no Horse lover atm...

But these are the times where the opportunty is taken, self belief is built & the next star is born.
I introduce to you all, George Hewitt.
A lesson in playing positive footy... George should never tag again! Positive play is the way to go....lose trying to win brings Out the hunger and desire. Protecting a losing margin negates everything a player wants to be.

If Buddy plays then we win last night.

Trouble is the next few years he will be out there less and less.
Not with the inside 50 count as it was

It nearly worked for him & the club. This is why we can't get so upset now as our talent is stretched.
Or I suppose we can, it's free air.

It’s a tough one

Media will bag it if we get no flags or he struggles to finish the deal

Two days of footy change it all hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every other club would have pursued Buddy....when a champion like that walks in to your club saying I want in you make it work.

The deal was right at the time, the AFL illogical and unfair response is where the problem lay with this deal. To blame Horse for wanting Buddy is unreasonable...and I am no Horse lover atm...

I wasn’t blaming him sorry

Just saying he took the deal

Anyone would as you say but it’s still a risk

[
I wasn’t blaming him sorry

Just saying he took the deal

Anyone would as you say but it’s still a risk
No worries....A risk for sure (much less of one off we had a coach who could structure a forward line)

*edit..mixed up my responses....damn Samsungs*

He went head to head with Lachie Neal where he was expected to shut him down (tag) and also win his own ball which he did. The same as he has done in other games except he won enough ball this time.
Exactly.
Hence why I said he is now emerging as a really good player.
This morning on channel 7 game day, The Bont was asked who he thought tbe hardest tagger was to play against. He said not so much a tagger but opponent he said Coniglio because he knows how to be very defensive yet transition into a very attacking mode without affecting his defence. This is what we try to do with all our midfielders & have done for years but right now we have perhaps focused on defence more because of our poor efficiency with the ball. It's never as simple as saying "Horse is too defensive a coach". All players need to have a defensive & attacking mindset in today's footy. Our inexperienced group are still finding that balance. Hewitt definitely found it yesterday.

I dont care which sport you are talking about but if you bring in a superstar who is capable of kicking 100+ in a season you do that all the time. You move heaven and earth to get them.
Yep. Up until 3pm on 27 SEP 2014 every Swans supporter would have rightly thought the "Buddy to Swans" coup was a fantastic idea.

Unsure how many games he has got the Swans over the line since but it's more than his share.

On RNE-L22 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back