Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m terrible. I’ve supported Norwood since 1987 from 5 years old before we stopped going in 1991 to go to crows games. As I got older I started going back to Norwood games as well as crows. Last night was the first time ever i cheered against Norwood. Think I’m officially acrows Sanfl supporter
This is me as well I think.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m terrible. I’ve supported Norwood since 1987 from 5 years old before we stopped going in 1991 to go to crows games. As I got older I started going back to Norwood games as well as crows. Last night was the first time ever i cheered against Norwood. Think I’m officially acrows Sanfl supporter
How do you think it is for me 1930’s plus. This is my Grandpa

Bicks now and all will love that I have for tough and X factor rovers and goal kickers
DFB61735-7DD5-4A41-9244-D7600D1821BE.jpeg

Last edited:

So in 3 weeks Sauce, Douglas, Seedsman and Milera could all be available. If no injuries a strong team for the Sanfl that week. Expect Milera to come straight back in but the other 3 to work their way back through Sanfl

Pleasing we at last get to see something of Chayce Jones in his natural habitat as a mid.

I’m not sure picking him and hiding him under the guise of being a small pressure forward did anything other than say “ look at us we’re playing our top pick too”

Play him and stick him in the guts - we already know he can dominate state league, was doing that last year

I'd much rather Jones play as a small pressure forward at an AFL level then dominate SANFL as a mid.

There isn't going to be a midfield spot for him this year. That said, the best place to set up for the transition is at an AFL level, even if it is a token blooding position. Get as many games into him as possible, and get him used to the rigours of the league.

Arguably this game tells you that playing him as a SANFL mid is a waste of time.

Last edited:
I was at the Geelong game and we set him up as part of a 3 small forward structure. Betts, Jones and Murphy. This was right in front of me. Statistics show 5 of his 8 possessions were in the forward half.

Against North I was on the gas at a pub so fortunately only had half an eye on the game - again 2 of his 3 possessions were forward.

He clearly pushed up the field as part of his role, they all do, but he certainly wasn’t part of our midfield rotations, which was my point.

I was at the Kangaroos match, he started on the wing and remained on the wing until he was hit in the head.

Against Geelong he played a mixture of wing and forward. Check the replay of the centre bounces and who starts on the wing. I was particularly pleased to see him spend more time on the wing against Geelong and we discussed it at the match. Chayce also had a few short spurts on the wing in the first two matches but 90%+ forward.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I'd much rather Jones play as a small pressure forward at an AFL level then dominate SANFL as a mid.

There isn't going to be a midfield spot for him this year. That said, the best place to set up for the transition is at an AFL level, even if it is a token blooding position. Get as many games into him as possible, and get him used to the rigours of the league.

Arguably this game tells you that playing him as a SANFL mid is a waste of time.

I'd rather play McHenry as the small pressure forward. It's his position and he's better at it. Play Jones in the Mackay role where he can use his speed.

I'd much rather he go nowhere near the small pressure forward role. Let him do a Rozee and roam on the flank and use his pace.

Neddy can play pressure forward.

With Murphy and Eddie trying to take big marks I rather have Stengle as extra fwd come extra mid.
think many on here don't know how good he is and how he will improve our ability to kick goals and yes understand the two mentioned probably have bigger futures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say kept up with, I assume that's through smart defensive positioning and not out and out leg speed? Scholl isn't slow from what I've seen, but from a limited sample size he'd be closer to Atkins for pace than the laserbeam which is Wilson.
It was actually Hamill who was on Wilson all game. Did well.

2018 draft looking very good across the competition thus far. Very early days but I can't remember many drafts with such even contribution across the first year players also across clubs.

My first live game of crows against the panthers I watched, I spent the first five minutes so ropeable about the umpiring that I knew that South had been knocked back to my second team :D

how could you Nikki!!!!

A SANFL flag would mean little to the Crows, but for the Panthers? Well, it'd be a once in a generation event.

how could you Nikki!!!!

A SANFL flag would mean little to the Crows, but for the Panthers? Well, it'd be a once in a generation event.
We support a club. That means top to bottom. If we make finals in the Sanfl and we are not playing your Sanfl team I want you all there with me screaming and supporting the boys. It’s embarassing seeing how many supporters go to our Sanfl games. Wouldn’t it be great to out number Port in a sanfl Final.

Either way, you said he’s definitely coming in for the Showdown because he’s a superb second ruck. Is that still your view.
Go back and read it again, Read all my post on the subject.
I said he would be in unless Himmelberg plays a good game or JJ plays crap. I also mention re JJ that Goals were required as that's what he in the team for. I wrote that enough times and In a few posts I went out of my way to say this,
And yes an inform JJ is the best supporting ruck on our list. by a long way. Never said he was a superb ruck, (would never use superb full stop)
Also I maintained he was Ruck/Forward, capable of giving ROB a needed chop out against Port. to give us the best chance to win.
But like a few you only read what you want to.

We do not have any options if Himmelberg plays crap or breaks down, So today I hope Himmelberg has a breakout game or show more Rucking abilty against Taller 200cm supporting rucks, As the Only one's I see that are capable of covering is maybe (big maybe) Kieth support ruck with Fogarty in the Forward, Unless you're looking at Hunter or Otten/Hartigan (both short). Strachan not ready and Butts is still a defender.

I want the Crows to win every game and I want the team on the park that has the best chance to do that. if my opinion differs so be it.

Last edited:
how could you Nikki!!!!

I know that because my mother was at the last one and she was in her early teens. She was a member of the club that year and I have her badge.

I still support South against everyone else :D even had my former magpies supporting father cheering for South in the past finals series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back