Recommitted Josh Dunkley [re-signed through 2022]

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Big bodied mid, casual 35 touches last night. Out of contract still.
Big ball winner and can shut down players.

A father son so would be hard to move but still could happen
He wasn't a father/son.

Sydney opted not to take him.

Hopefully we continue to use him in our primary midfield setup. My mind was blown when we used Wallis over him in the first month or so. I'm not really worried about losing him, I think we'll sign him up at some stage over the year.

If he did want to leave though, it'd have to be a decent pick. Was massive in the back end of last year, and I imagine he'll continue that if he gets the midfield minutes.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Hopefully we continue to use him in our primary midfield setup. My mind was blown when we used Wallis over him in the first month or so. I'm not really worried about losing him, I think we'll sign him up at some stage over the year.

If he did want to leave though, it'd have to be a decent pick. Was massive in the back end of last year, and I imagine he'll continue that if he gets the midfield minutes.
Out of curiosity, what is a 'decent pick'?
Like 15 - 25ish?

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

It looked like you pushed Libba forward and used Dunkley more in the midfield.

Out of curiosity, what is a 'decent pick'?
Like 15 - 25ish?
I imagine we'd ask between 10-15. Anything above 20 is too low.
Depends what club would be asking the price though, I suppose.

It looked like you pushed Libba forward and used Dunkley more in the midfield.
Libba attended 11 centre bounces, Wallis 9, and they both definitely looked to go forward a bit more as Dunkley had been doing in the earlier rounds. Dunkley had 14, which was the second most after Bont.
Libba was a bit of a strange one on the weekend. Almost looked to be playing hard defensively, yet pushed forward. In any case, it got Dunkley more midfield time, which a lot of people have been wanting.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Would swap him for Kruezer.
I think if the Doggies wanted Kreuzer , They could have had him for free but were not interested and with Kreuzer's injury issue's dont beleve he has any currency in a trade as well as English looking like becoming a very very good Ruckman and will be just about ready next year.

Not sure about Dunkley's trade value but at a guess i would say #20-#30 would be around the ball park

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wouldn't trade Smith for weitering let alone dunks too. Hes going nowhere he was interviewed after the game and was saying how good its gonna be to play with timmy and naughts for years to come

Back