AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

50 and out. Not all his fault and could still be apart of the squad.

We need to put games into Mynott, D. Clarke and Houlahan and see if any of those guys can bring anything to the table.

I didn’t think he was this s**t

It’s one of the great hiding to nothing games.

Low TOG percentage, we didn’t use him around the ball all really and he just shaded a couple of set shots he would normally nail.

Will go straight back out and the game will cede into nothingness. What is the point?

Good to see nobody is overreacting to a bad game.

Is it really an overreaction though? 50 games starts to be a pretty good sample size and we're still at the point where we have no real idea whther he can played consistently good games of footy. Yes he had a nice little patch at the end of last season, but every purple patch we get a series of games like the start of this year where you really question where he is as a footballer.
Granted, we seem to be pretty s**t at developing young players and helping them reach that next step so it's not all on him, but this is his 5th year on s enior list and his intensity level/workrate still looks pretty poor most of the time and often his decision making just isn't at AFL standard. there's certainly talent their, but just how long are we meant to wait in the hope it is realised?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blokes not an AFL midfielder and never has been. He’s not quick enough by hand or foot.

He’s a lead up forward.

Who couldn’t hit the side of a barn today. Not that he was the Lone Ranger.

Nah mate, just 45 of them. We have mis-managed his development very badly.
Very good post. We have tried so hard to turn this bloke into a jobe/bont type player but it so blatantly obvious that he's not up to it. He is by no means a write off as I still think he could make a solid high half foward type player but its plain to see that he is not a full time mid, never has been never will be.

Has played 3 games in 5 weeks, and been out of the seniors since round two.

Looked rusty as hell and had a bit of a 'deer in the headlights' vibe with ball in hand but i would suggest some of it would come down to rustyness.

Also, he is a forward Woosha, give up on the midfield thing and send him forward for Baguley. Mynott can have a crack at his midfield rotation.

I’ve been criticised many times over the past few years for saying Langford probably won’t make it. For whatever reason he’s always been a board favourite. Despite what people claim, I have always wanted to be wrong. But I’ve still seen nothing to suggest he will ever become a decent player. He still lives on Kyle time; has a knack for choosing the worst option; turns the ball over far too often; cannot play in the midfield; usually loses one-one-one contests; and just simply doesn’t look like he believes in himself or knows what he’s doing.

His last chance is to be played as a half forward, alway from the midfield. And see if he can provide something in a role similar to Mitch Brown. However, we also need to be fair to the man, he has been treated terribly by the selectors. He needs to be given the rest of the year so we can categorically say - one way or another - if he’s up to it.

Is it really an overreaction though? 50 games starts to be a pretty good sample size and we're still at the point where we have no real idea whther he can played consistently good games of footy. Yes he had a nice little patch at the end of last season, but every purple patch we get a series of games like the start of this year where you really question where he is as a footballer.
Granted, we seem to be pretty **** at developing young players and helping them reach that next step so it's not all on him, but this is his 5th year on s enior list and his intensity level/workrate still looks pretty poor most of the time and often his decision making just isn't at AFL standard. there's certainly talent their, but just how long are we meant to wait in the hope it is realised?
Basically sounds like Jake Melksham after 50 games. I'd be getting him to roll as a tagger this week

Well what a suprise many on here nagging about bringing him in every time we lost a game last year.Now when he has only played 50 games in and out all the time you all want him out why .......because we lost the game. Funny about that.
I hope the coaches show him more support than what is the norm on here.

Back