Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I will put it this way , Birnie was sentences to 4 consecutive life sentences ... life was 25 years if I recall correctly ... the accused will never be offered parole
Our life only just went up from 15 to 20. I agree not likely anything to bargain with other than a last ditch effort to find SS

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Alternatively, the more practical way is that after the trial one of the heavies at Casuarina may be able to 'ask him nicely'

IMO MM might be BRE but I doubt he was inside talking with these girls or even inside the hotels at all, otherwise people might have noticed him.

There's been no mention in court he was seen anywhere in the Claremont clubs or pubs. The only mention so far is that he frequented the OBH Cottesloe and the Leederville.

Must have been seen by someone in those imo.

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Alternatively, the more practical way is that after the trial one of the heavies at Casuarina may be able to 'ask him nicely'

The heavies in Casuarina could not care less , if guilty , this is the guy who fooled everyone for over 20 years , if anything he will be protected , he has status

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There's been no mention in court he was seen anywhere in the Claremont clubs or pubs. The only mention so far is that he frequented the OBH Cottesloe and the Leederville.

Must have been seen by someone in those imo.
Court has only been the case management for the propensity though? Assuming/hoping there is a lot more evidence that they did not have to argue over its admissibility

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The heavies in Casuarina could not care less , if guilty , this is the guy who fooled everyone for over 20 years , if anything he will be protected , he has status
I'm not so sure his type get the protection. He would be on protection

He should ask to be moved out of protective custody where he's in the company of some pretty vile sexual predators then if he has status ... yes?

ExitStrategy

Draftee
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
As much as I'd like to think MM is BRE (and that isn't a phone or camera in the inside pic), it just doesn't strike me that he would be in the pub to try to take home a victim (I perceive him as a loser who couldn't talk to girls). Feels more like he was lurking outside as per his other MO lashing out in anger. I've not come across a murderer who used this MO against females.

I very well could be wrong though

I agree completely. He could have picked victims up at any location but he chose Claremont because he HATED everything those girls and the guys who dated them represented.

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not so sure his type get the protection. He would be on protection

Prisons are and have been ruled by drugs , for over 20 years now ... the old rules dont apply ... the space cadets now only care where their next hit is coming from ... don't take my word for it , ask anyone who has been locked up

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
He could have picked victims up at any location but he chose Claremont because he HATED everything those girls and the guys who dated them represented.

Jane Rimmer was a Child Care worker and as a student attended Government High Schools.

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Prisons are and have been ruled by drugs , for over 20 years now ... the old rules dont apply ... the space cadets now only care where their next hit is coming from ... don't take my word for it , ask anyone who has been locked up
Trueish, but a lot of protection prisoners have no drug history. Predominantly peods but a lot of others for various reasons

David Birnie , who was no giant among men , walked around prison with not much to be afraid of , and he was worse than this bloke ... drugs have ruined prison , there are no values or morals now

David Birnie was in a protective unit, and still in it when he died not general. He got beaten up in there as well.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
He could have picked victims up at any location but he chose Claremont because he HATED everything those girls and the guys who dated them represented.

The CSK could have picked up victims from the Claremont area because of its density of attractive, drunk walking home alone young women.
Might have had more to do with attraction and nothing to do with hate, as to why he chose Claremont.

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The CSK could have picked up victims from the Claremont area because of its density of attractive, drunk walking home alone young women.
Might have had more to do with attraction and nothing to do with hate, as to why he chose Claremont.
I think both attraction and hate
images (2).jpeg

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
He would have lasted about a minute in mainstream

You may think BRE will go mainstream , I don't , I believe you are not in WA ... at the moment it is topical news about 3 recent deaths in prison ... I don't think they are looking for any more publicity at the moment .... the other thing is the age of the crimes , people in prison are not that interested

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You may think BRE will go mainstream , I don't , I believe you are not in WA ... at the moment it is topical news about 3 recent deaths in prison ... I don't think they are looking for any more publicity at the moment .... the other thing is the age of the crimes , people in prison are not that interested
No definitely dont think he will be mainstream. Yes I'm in Qld and worked in prisons amonst other things. And aware of the deaths, they will be protecting him for sure. He is still a trophy to somebody in there

Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree completely. He could have picked victims up at any location but he chose Claremont because he HATED everything those girls and the guys who dated them represented.

The alleged perp did not have a deprived childhood, both he and his brother completed yr 12 and attended Curtin. He secured 2 reasonably attractive wives and was well thought of in Little Athletics or he would never have been voted into the positions he held there. Unfortunately he appears to have a serious character flaw that began to manifest itself years before the incidents in the Claremont area. There seems to be a hint of snobishness that creeps into this forum every now and then. All types frequented the area I'm sure Frankie and the gang didn't go all the way from Balga
just for the HJs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back