Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was the victim of poor movement up the ground. He (and probably Saad a bit) would take off and then have nothing to kick/handball to. Geelong zoned the midfield/corridor very well.

Feel like this blokes development has stagnated a bit. His kicking & decision making is as bad as it's ever been.
I'd like to see him rotated through the guts & hf line where his poor disposal wont directly cost us goals.

going at average of 19 possessions a game - disposal efficiency of 76% which is below average with 2.5 clangers a game (so lets call that 15 points conceded to the opposition...)

averages 1 tackle a game.... that's the first change we need to see, hes fast and strong... saad goes at 4 tackles a game in a similar role (elite)

im david king, thanks for listening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh, so he's played a few ?
Just like every 23 year old with 60-odd games under their belt. He'd be top 10 in the BnF right now for me. Played well in 6 of the 7 games IMO. Over the past 4 years I would say that he's played 50 or so average to good ones and maybe half a dozen poor ones. Which you always seem to jump in here to disparage.

Just like every 23 year old with 60-odd games under their belt. He'd be top 10 in the BnF right now for me. Played well in 6 of the 7 games IMO. Over the past 4 years I would say that he's played 50 or so average to good ones and maybe half a dozen poor ones. Which you always seem to jump in here to disparage.
Does not know his limitations. Good story, won't be dropped.

Does not know his limitations. Good story, won't be dropped.
You're really going with that? He's a good player, much as you'd loathe to admit it.

Donakebab , thoughts bro ?

Had a shocker. Still a great talent with heaps of upside. Would prefer to see him pushed up the wing where his attacking nature and creative kicking can be better utilised with lesser repercussions when they don't come off. He's one of the better kicks for goal from 50, so getting the ball in his hands further up the ground could make him a dangerous goal kicking winger.

He's ok. Maybe try him up forward where his monumental f/ups down back don't stick out like dogs balls.

It’s the baguley principle. Get him out of the back 3rd, so we don’t have to deal with the customary 2-3 goal donation every week.

s**t he can even replace baguley up fwd.

Sorry but I hate his kicking style. It’s a 50/50 type delivery when he’s trying to pinpoint a target with no room for error by mtrs...and that’s not good enough in today’s modern game.

When someone is out in space out on a wing ..sure..he can put it out there and if it’s goes astray a bit they can run onto it.

The ball drop is a hybrid Irish/Aussie football style that here to stay. He won’t be improving his kicks now. This is how he is after years of so called development.

He’s a lovable, bumbling foot soldier who will never be a ‘great’ player and that’s ok.

Because it’s not like we’re got a conga line of fast running halfbacks to bring up into the league side and he’s here to stay while the contract is valid.

And I’ll say it again..some of you blokes are in love with every player on our list and can’t handle one bit of negative comment about anyone and it’s pathetic sometimes.

But we all have different opinions.

This is a forum for discussion and debate.

It’s not an Essendon love fest where we all fawn over every player and refuse to acknowledge weaknesses.

Think about it....

Lets be honest, half our team had a shocker. Cats blocked our run very effectively.

Would like him to break lines then deliver penetrating kicks (has in the past). Seems to be trying too hard with the short dinky kicks, maybe a directive, but not working.

At least he takes the game on. Has more good games than bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back