Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
You’re not making it sound any better

Well, you thought it was for McGovern and you were corrected and told it was for Liam Stocker who the Blues rated in their top 6 of a super draft. That should sound better than thinking the trade was Carlton’s #1 next year for McGovern + Adelaide’s #1 next year.

I am happy to take Stocker this year and get some games under his belt. Who knows what next years draft will look like in the years to come. And none of us need to watch any junior football to know how good of a football player a kid is, all we need is for our clubs talent evaluators to know that information.

Well, you thought it was for McGovern and you were corrected and told it was for Liam Stocker who the Blues rated in their top 6 of a super draft. That should sound better than thinking the trade was Carlton’s #1 next year for McGovern + Adelaide’s #1 next year.

I am happy to take Stocker this year and get some games under his belt. Who knows what next years draft will look like in the years to come. And none of us need to watch any junior football to know how good of a football player a kid is, all we need is for our clubs talent evaluators to know that information.
Rowell, this years pick one elect is rated as being better than Walsh...

Given you’re not out of the woods to finish last. You potentially have given Adelaide someone better than Walsh... For Stocker.

I’m comfortable that sounds worse than giving that up for McGovern Jr.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Rowell, this years pick one elect is rated as being better than Walsh...

Given you’re not out of the woods to finish last. You potentially have given Adelaide someone better than Walsh... For Stocker.

I’m comfortable that sounds worse than giving that up for McGovern Jr.

Okay, so “Don’t finish last...” :p

it would be a nice change to get a real highly rated, top top prospect into the club through the draft. not something we've really experienced.
After drafting Ned McHenry, surely we go after Sam Flanders.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
So Docherty is saying that the players attitude was off and they didn't come to play yesterday. Surely someone notices that they are off some time before 1.10pm and calls that s**t out

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liam Stocker + Player chosen with Adelaide’s pick > whichever Victorian “I remember I miss Mum (circa 2021)” kid Adelaide decide to draft with Carlton’s pick.
As long as we trade adelaides pick this year for a good established player I’m happy with the deal. We don’t need another highly rated 18 year old for the 2020 season we need better players in the 24-27 year age bracket. Don’t think pick one or two gets us that

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
As long as we trade adelaides pick this year for a good established player I’m happy with the deal. We don’t need another highly rated 18 year old for the 2020 season we need better players in the 24-27 year age bracket. Don’t think pick one or two gets us that

Obviously if we go to the draft with their pick 8-16 I don’t like the deal at all

Like you I think it will be traded regardless of what pick it is at. Stocker + Pick 6-8 is a decent return. But as you said 8-16 + Stocker for Pick 1 would be pretty lousy. All we can really do is just winning games as Adelaide are talented enough to keep winning.

And yeah, no one knows how the “go home” factor affects an interstate clubs decision making so either Adelaide pick best available or best available South Australian (always plenty of good ones). Interesting few months ahead.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Like you I think it will be traded regardless of what pick it is at. Stocker + Pick 6-8 is a decent return. But as you said 8-16 + Stocker for Pick 1 would be pretty lousy. All we can really do is just winning games as Adelaide are talented enough to keep winning.

And yeah, no one knows how the “go home” factor affects an interstate clubs decision making so either Adelaide pick best available or best available South Australian (always plenty of good ones). Interesting few months ahead.
Does trading pick 12-16 and our future first round pick really hurt our chances more than getting pick 6-9 and our future first? Not sure it will. Generally clubs ask for 2x first round picks quite often they don’t mind if it’s 5-6 picks later or not

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Does trading pick 12-16 and our future first round pick really hurt our chances more than getting pick 6-9 and our future first? Not sure it will. Generally clubs ask for 2x first round picks quite often they don’t mind if it’s 5-6 picks later or not

The way I see is it the Blues have had 5 number 1’s through the door since 2005 and not done anything. So if Carlton land last this year and hand that over to Adelaide, it doesn’t kill us. One 18 year old as good as he might be is not what we need moving forward next year. It would be good currency to have in a trade but give me 2 players (Stocker and whatever we do with Adelaide’s pick) moving forward. It won’t be known who wins and losses that trade for years to come. For all we know the 2 players Carlton get could be in the next premiership side and the player Adelaide gets could win a Brownlow medal. If that happens or the other way around, both clubs would be pretty satisfied with the result.

6-1, healthy %, we’ve started really well to set up our season, just can’t now go and drop one or two against some of the teams around the bottom.
Shameless copied off CE.

8. North Melbourne 15th $201
9. Bulldogs 12th $67
10. Gold Coast 14th $501
11. Sydney 18th $201
12. Richmond 9th $11
13. Bye
14. Port Adelaide 7th $34
15. Adelaide 6th $17
16. Bulldogs 12th $67
17. St Kilda 8th $201
18. Hawthorn 13th $41
19. Sydney 18th $201
20. Fremantle 5th $67
21. North Melbourne 15th $201
22. Brisbane 4th $29
23. Carlton 17th $501

Based on that we should be targeting top 2. Tigers and Port away probably the only really tough tests.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Shameless copied off CE.

8. North Melbourne 15th $201
9. Bulldogs 12th $67
10. Gold Coast 14th $501
11. Sydney 18th $201
12. Richmond 9th $11
13. Bye
14. Port Adelaide 7th $34
15. Adelaide 6th $17
16. Bulldogs 12th $67
17. St Kilda 8th $201
18. Hawthorn 13th $41
19. Sydney 18th $201
20. Fremantle 5th $67
21. North Melbourne 15th $201
22. Brisbane 4th $29
23. Carlton 17th $501

Based on that we should be targeting top 2. Tigers and Port away probably the only really tough tests.
That’s a brilliant run in. You should lock up top two.

Who came up with that stupid nickname? lol
Yawn. meh. Sigh... Or whatever other exasperations one can think of. Hardly new.
I was just wondering that, at least give him his own nickname rather than trying to copy the real little master - Tendulkar.
Ignored this question a year ago when you said the same thing. I don't really care if others don't like it.
He's copped the name for over a decade. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back