Autopsy Round 7 vs Brisbane

Not sure they are. Reid is probably the better player, but not by much. I genuinely don't think Cameron would offer much less than what Reid currently is as a forward. And where Cameron might actually catch up with Reid is his added benefit of being able to swap with Sinclair in the ruck, so that Sinclair can go forward.

So as an individual player, I'm going with Reid. As a player who can help the team, I think they're 50/50.

WOW.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure they are. Reid is probably the better player, but not by much. I genuinely don't think Cameron would offer much less than what Reid currently is as a forward. And where Cameron might actually catch up with Reid is his added benefit of being able to swap with Sinclair in the ruck, so that Sinclair can go forward.

So as an individual player, I'm going with Reid. As a player who can help the team, I think they're 50/50.

There’s a reason Reid has played as many games he has and there’s a reason he has a Premiership medal in his sock drawer.

There’s a reason why Cameron has only played 1 game, in a disastrous loss against a very poor side. There’s also a reason why he’s playing NEAFL...he is not an AFL footballers a-hole!

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
It’s not as clear cut as that.

This is their injury list as of last week:

Injury

Estimated Return

Marcus Adams Knee 8 weeks
Harris Andrews Hamstring Test
Zac Bailey Hamstring Test
Rhys Mathieson Hamstring Test
Brandon Starcevich Hamstring 3 weeks

2 of the tests played the NEAFL game, so 3 players.

Ours
Lance Franklin Hamstring 1 week
Heath Grundy Back 3-4 weeks
Will Hayward Jaw Test
Kieren Jack Hip Test
Jack Maibaum Knee Season
Jarrad McVeigh Quad 4-6 weeks
Daniel Menzel Groin Test
Sam Naismith Knee TBC
Nick Smith Hamstring TBC
Durak Tucker Knee Indefinite

Hayward and Jack played seniors so 8. Plus add McLean (who hasn’t been given a spot on the list) and Tippett who takes a list spot and that’s 10.

They don’t have many injuries and thus most of their NEAFL team were listed players. 20 of their 22 were listed players. Compared with 13/22.
It is as easy as that, injuries are not an excuse for a poor list. Our list is poor, their list is not.

There’s a reason Reid has played as many games he has and there’s a reason he has a Premiership medal in his sock drawer.

There’s a reason why Cameron has only played 1 game, in a disastrous loss against a very poor side. There’s also a reason why he’s playing NEAFL...he is not an AFL footballers a-hole!

In fairness Mick, I don't think Reid is AFL-standard and should've been delisted a long time ago. Said that the whole time and am sticking by it.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
It is as easy as that, injuries are not an excuse for a poor list. Our list is poor, their list is not.

I don’t disagree about poor list, I said it sometime ago when everyone was telling me it was great.

9 academy kids vs 2 is the difference in that game and is an excuse for the result.

Besides their younger kids should be better given they’ve had access to higher draft picks for some time.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
GWS do have a lot of players (key) out though. At least their top side is elite and wait for it...they move the ball forward!
No, GWS have major salary cap concerns, it’s why they’re offloading talented players. The cupboard is bare for their reserves program...a bit like ours!

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
In fairness Mick, I don't think Reid is AFL-standard and should've been delisted a long time ago. Said that the whole time and am sticking by it.
I don’t think you know anything about footy...it appears the club, other clubs and yourself have differing views. Probably why you’ve never been in recruiting hey?

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t disagree about poor list, I said it sometime ago when everyone was telling me it was great.

9 academy kids vs 2 is the difference in that game and is an excuse for the result.

Besides their younger kids should be better given they’ve had access to higher draft picks for some time.
Whoever told you it was great must be on some of the good stuff! It is an ‘ok’ list at best. There should (will) be a massive clean out at the end of this season.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
You've been liking a lot of my posts of late, so I guess neither of us know anything :)
I don’t keep count, if it’s a good post, it’s a good post. Also doesn’t mean it has anything to do with your assessment of this particular player.

No, GWS have major salary cap concerns, it’s why they’re offloading talented players. The cupboard is bare for their reserves program...a bit like ours!

They have better mids in their reserves than we do in our first side though. Our midfield is an utter mess, we need to hit these next two drafts in the midfield

Darcy Cameron hasn't shown anything that would suggest he is even AFL standard let alone better than Reid. Even in JLT games he was unimpressive.

Another "great NEAFL stats" guy like so many before him imo

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I liked Hewett's game, but I hope he can learn that every time he gets the ball he doesn't have to stop and turn away from goal and try and handball. If you have space, take it. He's a decent kick.

Heeney needs to stop playing like a show pony. Really disappointing season from his so far.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I liked Hewett's game, but I hope he can learn that every time he gets the ball he doesn't have to stop and turn away from goal and try and handball. If you have space, take it. He's a decent kick.

Heeney needs to stop playing like a show pony. Really disappointing season from his so far.
God help us !

Yes on both points., Though re Heeney seems to be playing under duress. Great to see George playing well again.

Do they? I’ll put my house on it they don’t!

Guess LP1 was thinking about Bonar and Hately. The latter is a terrific young prospect, the other picks and chooses when he goes.I still like Rowbottom but wish we had Hately on our list.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Florent is one of our best youngsters and you simply don't drop a quality youngster from a rebuilding team because of one bad game. That's not rebuilding, that's demolition.

One bad game? Try 3 out of the last 5.

Back