Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Hi All,

Lately, we have noticed a quite a bit of posters attacking the man for no reason, attacking oppo posters for no reason and even repeated uses of derogatory and homophobic slurs around the board.

We would like your help in improving this board and making it the best board on Bigfooty. Here is a chance for your feedback and opinions relating the state of the board and what improvements could be made to make this board a better place.

We would like to know:

• What are your thoughts on the current state and overall culture of the board?
  • What do you enjoy about the Richmond board currently?
  • What do you dislike about the Richmond board currently? (NOTE this to relate to the Richmond board ONLY. Please do not use this thread to air grievances about Bigfooty site rules and this includes the recent crackdown on adult content)
  • What can be done to improve the board?
Your feedback and suggestions will be much appreciated by the mod team.

PLEASE NOTE THAT this is NOT the thread to complain or bitch about the recent site crackdown on adult content. Any posts of this kind WILL be deleted. Keep it related to our board and our board only.

Thank you,

The Richmond Board Mod Team

Sterge, Michaels, tugga, Wacky Tiger, NaturalDisaster

One of the things mentioned by almost everyone who applied to be a mod was that posters on the board are too quick to attack each other and anyone else who dares to post.

This was something that we had already been discussing between ourselves as well, we want to encourage intelligent discussion and include everyone and the current culture of abuse first ask questions later makes the board hard work to read sometimes.

I don't go on Big Footy as much as I used to but for the most part I think we're one of the better boards to be a part of given the trauma our footy club has put us through over so many years until recently.

That said, I don't see what mods have probably deleted and I am generally pretty quick to put people on ignore when I see a pattern of posting that I don't think adds anything to the conversation.

The one thing I will say that I really dont like is the casual homophobia that seems to have gone unchecked (until I saw this thread) for years. It's not ok. I've reported numerous posts but have seen little change. Good to see its being looked at.

Given the continued support and advice the Richmond Board has given my family and I over the past few weeks, I think the board is in a great place. :thumbsu:

However, it's been a couple of seasons since we're not been in the top cream of teams, so I think people just aren't use to it and need time to adjust.

The attacking the man scenario is a mere pimple on the bum of an elephant in comparison to 4-5 years ago.
I ******* hate the amount of stickied threads we have on the richmond board, but are happy to accept it is not an issue for the majority.
The world will never be perfect and we currently live in a world of people looking to be offended by something.

Honestly seems fine to me, but I don't really take things personally / post in a manner that's controversial.

I don't really spot too much that's untoward. There's some innocent trolling too which is great for a laugh.

The attacking the man scenario is a mere pimple on the bum of an elephant in comparison to 4-5 years ago.
I ******* hate the amount of stickied threads we have on the richmond board, but are happy to accept it is not an issue for the majority.
The world will never be perfect and we currently live in a world of people looking to be offended by something.

Excluding this one, which ones would you remove out of interest?

We make a concious effort to not sticky threads, and only really do it for high importance threads.

As a fairly recent addition to BF, have to admit it took me over 6 months to convince myself to sign up.
Not part of ANY social media platform whatsoever, so joining BF involved some trepidation.
However, once I had a taste of it and took some posts with a grain of salt, I began to realise it isn't that bad.
Actually pleasantly surprised how articulate and bloody humorous some people can be and now I'm hooked to it.
Whilst there are quite a few that prefer to do nothing more than just criticise, all I ask is that everyone show respect.

End of the day, we all share the same common denominator and that is our passion & love for the Richmond Football Club.

Like the umps it’s the inconsistent application of rules.

Thread banning, days off etc dished out for the most minor of things then blatantly turning a blind eye for others.

Seems to be quite cliquey. This is coming from a guy that pays to be on this site. So come at me.

Like the umps it’s the inconsistent application of rules.

Thread banning, days off etc dished out for the most minor of things then blatantly turning a blind eye for others.

Seems to be quite cliquey. This is coming from a guy that pays to be on this site. So come at me.

Would love some examples if you don't want to put them here you can pm me, to be honest i hate you all equally not trying to play favorites at all but sometimes yes we do miss things.

People are soft, place is fine.

I'm an old campaigner. If people can't handle being told to get ****ed, they can get ****ed.

One of the reasons I don't come here as much as I used to (and want to) is exactly that. People just taking everything directly to heart and elevating to level 11 responses straight away. No mod can fix a wallflower, so I'd say you're pretty much ****ed.

I'm an old campaigner. If people can't handle being told to get ******, they can get ******.

One of the reasons I don't come here as much as I used to (and want to) is exactly that. People just taking everything directly to heart and elevating to level 11 responses straight away. No mod can fix a wallflower, so I'd say you're pretty much ******.
Get ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None I think atm it is much improved. However has had 10 stickied threads at time which i think is over the top.

oh absolutley, anything more than 4-5 is too much really.

we are definitely trying to keep on top of that so it doesn't look as clunky.

None I think atm it is much improved. However has had 10 stickied threads at time which i think is over the top.

Hasn't been that many for ages, stickied threads is a weird thing to get hung up on

Only gripe i have is once we used to let opposition supporters have a footy chat in here. Now, i see a lot of FO back to your own board when the poster/s aren't even trolling. Even recently Snake was attacked when posting just normal stuff. I don't really care for the past, if there's a footy convo to be had, we should have it. Flip side is, if someone comes on and does post like a dick, i expect the mods to handle it. It's not rocket science. Let's stick to what made us a great board and not become what we despise.

Only gripe i have is once we used to let opposition supporters have a footy chat in here. Now, i see a lot of FO back to your own board when the poster/s aren't even trolling. Even recently Snake was attacked when posting just normal stuff. I don't really care for the past, if there's a footy convo to be had, we should have it. Flip side is, if someone comes on and does post like a dick, i expect the mods to handle it. It's not rocket science. Let's stick to what made us a great board and not become what we despise.
Bravo. Completely agree.

1. I find all the 'in' jokes really awkward .
  2. Their seems t be an implied or self appointed hierarchy in place .
  3. And as CB17 mentioned more opposition banter is desperately required. But not for the druggies...they've had their chance , they blew it !!!
The game day thread and sense of gloom when we loose is really funny. We need to have an award for the most unreasonable , mental post/melt of the week. I love too laugh.

1. I find all the 'in' jokes really awkward .
  2. Their seems t be an implied or self appointed hierarchy in place .
  3. And as CB17 mentioned more opposition banter is desperately required. But not for the druggies...they've had their chance , they blew it !!!
The game day thread and sense of gloom when we loose is really funny. We need to have an award for the most unreasonable , mental post/melt of the week. I love too laugh.

Could you please elaborate on your second point?

Seen a few people talk about the “in” Jokes
For myself I haven’t been a member for a huge amount of time but these last few months found myself getting a lot more active around the forum

I personally love in jokes even if at first you have no idea more than a couple of times I’ve just asked what they are talking about and thing like eco and eci and acoucement at 10:20 really add to the flavour of the broad in general

At first I found it pretty hard to join in but once I started start putting my out there more it becomes a lot of fun

We need to remember that bigfooty is not a news source we all love gossip and rumours but at the end of the day like anything on the internet take everything you read with a grain of salt and if you are looking for news or inside info on the rfc or the afl in general big footy is the wrong place

Seen a few people talk about the “in” Jokes
For myself I haven’t been a member for a huge amount of time but these last few months found myself getting a lot more active around the forum

I personally love in jokes even if at first you have no idea more than a couple of times I’ve just asked what they are talking about and thing like eco and eci and acoucement at 10:20 really add to the flavour of the broad in general

At first I found it pretty hard to join in but once I started start putting my out there more it becomes a lot of fun

We need to remember that bigfooty is not a news source we all love gossip and rumours but at the end of the day like anything on the internet take everything you read with a grain of salt and if you are looking for news or inside info on the rfc or the afl in general big footy is the wrong place
Agree. It's hard at first as a newbie because a lot of long term posters just think you are only here for a short time.
You just need to post and get it all out there.
I do think we could be more welcoming to newbies though.

I'm an old campaigner. If people can't handle being told to get ******, they can get ******.

One of the reasons I don't come here as much as I used to (and want to) is exactly that. People just taking everything directly to heart and elevating to level 11 responses straight away. No mod can fix a wallflower, so I'd say you're pretty much ******.

Get ****ed

To be fair, oppos brought that on themselves

We used to be a really open board, but a combination of posters being two faced when posting here, and reporting our posters when on their board (and being reasonable) killed the tolerance of many (Inc myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back