Preview Round 8: Showdown 46 (Port vs Crows); Sat 11th May, 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows will be favourites with 3 solid wins in a row.Yesterday was a brutal game so we will see how they go with a 6 day break.
There defence is really solid,Mids like the Crouches+Sloane getting lots of footy.There fill in ruckman Obrien was good yesterday. They have problems up fwd with Eddie+Tex who are hot-cold this year.A four game rookie Himmelberg who looks pretty good.
Ken will look to exploit there lack of leg speed between the arks.And some of there senior players out of form like Gibbs.The football gods where kind to Adelaide yesterday.

I want to hope, but this has all the Port trademarks set up. We're either getting smashed from the start or we go the more 'traditional' Hinkley route of death by a thousand cuts, by dominating early to atone, only to kick 1.4, with Adelaide kicking 2.0 against the run of play. Then getting done over in the second, with Adelaide not wasting their turn at dominance.

It's time to dance.

Strike up the music the band has begun
The Pennsylvania Polka.

71ZVMhwTY9L._SS500_.jpg

I want to hope, but this has all the Port trademarks set up. We're either getting smashed from the start or we go the more 'traditional' Hinkley route of death by a thousand cuts, by dominating early to atone, only to kick 1.4, with Adelaide kicking 2.0 against the run of play. Then getting done over in the second, with Adelaide not wasting their turn at dominance.

It's time to dance.

Strike up the music the band has begun
The Pennsylvania Polka.

71ZVMhwTY9L._SS500_.jpg
You beat me to the Groundhog Day post. Well played.

I’m fairly confident we’ll win both showdowns this year after the way our style of footy has transformed and our stronger midfield.

Wines will have a massive game.

You beat me to the Groundhog Day post. Well played.
I really want to believe it'll be different, but I can't see Ken doing any of the things we cry out for every Showdown - play Betts tight, lock down Sloane, make Laird accountable, don't let Lynch run around unattended. Usually don't hand Jacobs lube would complete the 5 things Port * up every Showdown list, but even with one off of it, Ken 'If it didn't work the first 12 times, 13 IS SURELY THE CHARM!!!' Hinkley will keep proving Einstein right (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results).

All I'm waiting for now to completely destroy this season for me is him to drop Marshall for the game as a scapegoat for our senior players.

Look at all the cry babies crying like little babies in here wah wah wah. Have some faith cry babies we beat Collingwood in the last three quarters so we will easily account for the Crows who I might add are also a bunch of cry babies. Pay no attention to the first quarter of the Collingwood game nor the last quarter against North Melbourne that preceded it as these events are not relevant in any way and stop crying.

I really want to believe it'll be different, but I can't see Ken doing any of the things we cry out for every Showdown - play Betts tight, lock down Sloane, make Laird accountable, don't let Lynch run around unattended. Usually don't hand Jacobs lube would complete the 5 things Port **** up every Showdown list, but even with one off of it, Ken 'If it didn't work the first 12 times, 13 IS SURELY THE CHARM!!!' Hinkley will keep proving Einstein right (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results).

All I'm waiting for now to completely destroy this season for me is him to drop Marshall for the game as a scapegoat for our senior players.
Inb4 RoryRiley O'Brien dominates in the ruck.

Game will go something like this.

Midfield will come out breathing fire to make up for round 7 Quarter 1 capitulation. This will result in numerous silly free kicks and crows kick away to nice 3 goal lead quarter time.

2nd quarter we settle and have multiple forward entries with us kicking 2.7. Crows go forward with limited entries for 2.0. Ebo blood rule 17 mins into quarter.

3rd quarter starts with some brilliance from Rozee, Duursma and Farrell in his first game of year and we hit front 10 mins into quarter. Then Adelaide kick 5 of the next goals with every port forward entry a long bomb into a Pagan paddock occupied by S Gray alone with Talia and another roaming crows defender. Port down by 27 points.

Last quarter we kick the first through a dubious free kick after being anally penetrated in 3rd quarter by the umps. We then have repeated entries only to have crows intercept mark see several thrusts. Hoff misses 1 from 20m. And Ollie misses 1 from 30m out attempting a set shot snap on 45 degree angle. Fortunately this registers a point which Ken acknowledges is an improvement from last year. Himmelberg slots 3 in a row to get his tally to 4. Betts kicks his 5th. S Gray, Hoff and co then kick 4 straight without a miss when game iced by Adelaide. Adelaide by 19. Showdown medal Matt Crouch 45 possessions. Ken in presser talks up how even competition, how players need to be more composed during big moments and club working very hard to find good consistent football.

Advertiser Monday talks up Lynch form and unlucky not to win medal given he was key link man and port gave him no attention.

Maybe I will repost a view on Friday when I am little more chirpy.
You forgot about Frampton's surprise call up, and his 4 junk time goals in the last quarter, after Ken finally plucks up the courage to bring him onto the ground.

1557110909419.png

Crows played crap football ..
If we cant beat them, then some players must be dropped, to make way for players giving their all in the Maggies.
It's that bloody simple ... over to you Ken. :thumbsu:o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be won or lost at selection.

Now Jonas is apparently ruled out, this is how we play it.

We bring in Garner for Bonner and tell him to stick to Betts like glue in defence but run off him at every opportunity. * him.

This allows us to bring in Broadbent for Byrne-Jones - Jonas isn't the most agile player in the league either, and I want good decision makers coming out of the back line, rather than idiots running around doing * all.

We play Frampton in the place of Sam Gray - this stops guys like Laird and Smith running off because they'll be worried about the height in the forward line. This is what should have happened against Collingwood but didn't because Ken is moronic and doesn't understand that what works on the MCG/Optus Stadium will NOT work at Adelaide Oval/Marvel Stadium.

This allows Westhoff to play the role that Watts was playing - staying on a wing but moving back and forward and intercepting as necessary. Ditto Lienert, but in reverse.

I reckon I'd give Ebert a rest and put Motlop in his position as the deep forward working off the shoulder of Frampton.

We can win this very easily if we make the right calls at selection and actually look at the cause of the problems rather than trying to treat the symptom.

Actually, we'll win it easily if we simply * off Bonner and replace him with anyone else.

Adelaide - 5.9 to three quarter time.

Port Adelaide - 5.6 to half time.

One team played a top four side and grand finalist from last year away from home, the other played a side that missed finals at home.

Yeah, we were bad in the first quarter, horrendously so, but after that we started playing solid football. The kind of football that would destroy a crap team like Adelaide. People are just letting their emotions cloud their judgement at the moment.

Adelaide - 5.9 to three quarter time.

Port Adelaide - 5.6 to half time.

One team played a top four side and grand finalist from last year away from home, the other played a side that missed finals at home.

Yeah, we were bad in the first quarter, horrendously so, but after that we started playing solid football. The kind of football that would destroy a crap team like Adelaide. People are just letting their emotions cloud their judgement at the moment.
I think confidence is what drives whether or not we think we will win. Confidence is pretty low after such a shockingly bad performance, even if Collingwood were superb.

Everything that’s happened this year to date we look the much better side, but showdowns are pretty different and Adelaide seem to be the side who wants to win them more the last few years. I’m pretty hopeful that has changed this year and we are gonna * them up.

I think confidence is what drives whether or not we think we will win. Confidence is pretty low after such a shockingly bad performance, even if Collingwood were superb.

Everything that’s happened this year to date we look the much better side, but showdowns are pretty different and Adelaide seem to be the side who wants to win them more the last few years. I’m pretty hopeful that has changed this year and we are gonna **** them up.

I wouldn't go as far as to say we'll * them up, but I'd just like to see a methodical win where we know we are going to win the entire game.

Collingwood got off to a flyer the same way they did against Richmond in the prelim final, so it's not like it doesn't happen to other teams with them.

I believe last week prepared us for this game. I thin k we win. I'm much more comfortable playing the Camrys at the moment.

What’s the deal with Jacobs? I have not been paying attention. Assuming he’s still out we (should) have a massive advantage in the ruck.
We will, but in the past Sloane has destroyed us anyway.

Still, better to be winning the taps than losing them! Hopefully SPP gets on the end of a few Ryder specials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back