Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
But that is the problem.

Because the club has over-rated Reid - we havent bothered to recruit another tall. Which leaves Reid as our best all round tall even though he isnt very good.

The problem is that he IS our best all round tall and we are stuck with him.

If the list managers were more savvy they would have realised he (and Tippett) were bog average and tried to find someone else.
You need to preface your opinions with IMO.

ie, IMO I know more than everyone at the club.

Agree LP1. He's now doing a dual role and has become far more consistent taking on the fast small forwards in Nick Smith's absence.

Not someone I’d have expected to be so important he’s done really well

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Not someone I’d have expected to be so important he’s done really well
Me too. I was a bit surprised that he's still just 25. He's been playing since he had just turned 18, which is a early for the last pick in the draft (107), especially after we'd already passed 3 times. I think he must have stowed away in Horse's luggage. By comparison Towers was our first pick in that draft. Harry had a bit of break out year in 2014 aged 20 but was found wanting as one of the lost players of the 2014 GF when our youth stayed on the bus. He was in and out of the team until he really hit his straps with a string of games last year, aged 24 and around 100 games in. That suggests to me he hasn't reached his best yet. I hope his injury doesn't hamper him. He's just become a really reliable player. First 6 games he was averaging just over 23 disposals but mostly kicks. Almost 7 marks per game too which suggests he gets to good spots. Despite mainly kicking he was running at 86% DE in his last full game and 648m gained. He's become a real weapon in the Swans arsenal. He's getting more and more of it and he doesn't waste it. As good as he is on a wing he could be the small fast defender who not only nullifies a Charlie Cameron or an Eddie Betts but can do some real damage on the rebound. He had 8 rebounds out of defensive 50m and gained 426m before injury against Brisbane, suggesting he was doing some real damage on the counter attack. I think the result could have gone differently if he hadn't gone down.

Me too. I was a bit surprised that he's still just 25. He's been playing since he had just turned 18, which is a early for the last pick in the draft (107), especially after we'd already passed 3 times. I think he must have stowed away in Horse's luggage. By comparison Towers was our first pick in that draft. Harry had a bit of break out year in 2014 aged 20 but was found wanting as one of the lost players of the 2014 GF when our youth stayed on the bus. He was in and out of the team until he really hit his straps with a string of games last year, aged 24 and around 100 games in. That suggests to me he hasn't reached his best yet. I hope his injury doesn't hamper him. He's just become a really reliable player. First 6 games he was averaging just over 23 disposals but mostly kicks. Almost 7 marks per game too which suggests he gets to good spots. Despite mainly kicking he was running at 86% DE in his last full game and 648m gained. He's become a real weapon in the Swans arsenal. He's getting more and more of it and he doesn't waste it. As good as he is on a wing he could be the small fast defender who not only nullifies a Charlie Cameron or an Eddie Betts but can do some real damage on the rebound. He had 8 rebounds out of defensive 50m and gained 426m before injury against Brisbane, suggesting he was doing some real damage on the counter attack. I think the result could have gone differently if he hadn't gone down.

Also he's one of the few that actually breaks lines and we need more of them not less. Actually think he's one of our better decision makers and that is quite important. He's having a very good season.

Back