Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much inciteful media, but more silly Chris Masten: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-02/smack-a-few-boys-in-the-mouth-eagles-radical-remedy

Chris: We just need "to smack a few boys in the mouth". I know he's talking about training but it gives them a clickbait headline to run with. Obviously after Gaff's incident last year, it's not a clever thing to say.

And I'm no Masten hater, but I did lol at his stats and pic:

View attachment 665941
Invisibility cloak on his hairline

2c336dae9d35a45c28773a00266f4403.jpg

Great banter that.

King being pretty savage on The West coast on SEN, we are in division 3. Behind Geel ,gws,Coll (div1) ess and rich (div2) rest are div3.
Look I know we have had a poor 4 weeks, but still got 2 wins with losses against a possessed port with a chip on there shoulder and cats in Geelong where we’ve won once in 20yrs. And we have beaten 2 div1 teams. Will we improve?

Wait a minute. Essendon are considered a Division 2 side? Essendon who have only beaten Melbourne, Norf and Brisbane at home? And lost to Collingwood and GWS (who we both beat). Ok then Kingy :rolleyes:

Yeah I think Geelong, Collingwood and GWS deserve to be considered above the rest of the comp but to suggest that Essendon (and Richmond) are somehow ahead of the rest is bizarre

Those three then daylight before throwing a blanket over the rest - although Carlton and north don’t get a spot under it and Sydney maybe just a toenail

King being pretty savage on The West coast on SEN, we are in division 3. Behind Geel ,gws,Coll (div1) ess and rich (div2) rest are div3.
Look I know we have had a poor 4 weeks, but still got 2 wins with losses against a possessed port with a chip on there shoulder and cats in Geelong where we’ve won once in 20yrs. And we have beaten 2 div1 teams. Will we improve?

He's hard to argue with - our football is tripe at the minute

The one thing we have in our favour is we haven't completely shat the bed and if we find form we are well within reach.

But we aren't winning finals the way we are playing at the moment.

He's hard to argue with - our football is tripe at the minute

The one thing we have in our favour is we haven't completely shat the bed and if we find form we are well within reach.

But we aren't winning finals the way we are playing at the moment.

I remember we were tripe for a similar period last year. Essendon loss 2018 = Port loss 2019.
Kings memory is only good for 4 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember we were tripe for a similar period last year. Essendon loss 2018 = Port loss 2019.
Kings memory is only good for 4 weeks

We were pretty reasonable in the game against Essendon - we just go jumped badly early. After that we won the groundball hunt

Against Port and Geelong were limp - something you couldn't accuse us of last year. Out of form and missing targets, dropping marks - sure. But we have been limp at the contest.

Yeo set the scene early against GC - had his head down burrowing. Only won one possession - but the intent was great. Darling's first two contests halved a ball when he was 2-1 down - which was a great result.

There were signs last week - but only for a half.

But we didn't dish up 4 quarters of tripe like we did against Port/Geelong last year

He has Essendon and Richmond and division 2, no evidence to say they are are worthy to be in front of,wce,lions,Adelaide,port,fremantle? See a pattern

If I’m a Geelong, Collingwood, GWS or Brisbane supporter I’d be happy with how my teams travelling through the first 7 rounds. Ecstatic if I’m Geelong or Brisbane tbh - both those clubs are flying

If I’m a Carlton, north, Sydney or Melbourne supporter I’d be bitterly disappointed

The rest it’s a matter of waiting to see if the good signs shown in games or patches of games develop more consistently such that the wins start to come more regularly. Or alternatively if the bad games become more frequent and they slip out of finals contention

Good luck predicting which teams do which, including us

You mean, 'Essendon who have only beaten Official Champion Data No 1 Ranked List Melbourne'.

Oh yes of course! My apologies. I failed to take into consideration the totally correct and accurate Champion Data Rankings 😛 Well done Essendon, a worthy Division 2 team.

Not all criticism is biased or incompetent. Kingy is usually one of the mist vocal supporters of the Eagles (and Simmo). Hard to argue with him here.
Exactly my thoughts. It’s not like he wrote us off either- he just said we weren’t in that conversation, yet.

Even at half time I don’t think anyone would have looked at us and thought “premiership contender”

Still a LONG way to go this year and we are exactly on the ladder where we should be right now based on performance to date.

"Not" among the 3 teams that can win the flag.
Damn, flights cancelled.
Journos have to make calls to sell news, and most of us know we're playing s**t but Naita & Rioli (+T.B) make us a much better side, that and our two wins against 2 of the 3 he thinks can win says we're some chance.
Pretty even season.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...n-win-the-flag-says-david-king-ng-b881189542z

So richmond get a pass for their loss because they ' have injuries '

Yet we have a win and get s**t canned .

We have 3 of our top 10 positional/impact players out but it doesnt get a mention .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back