Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannebery couldn't be to far off now if he was doing sprints on Friday.
King playing for Sandy this week.
Clavarino not far off as well.

Hopefully Langlands back at Sandy too, they are running out of players and too many of the injuries are long term.

I thought I'd throw together a team of our injured players. I went off the AFL list, so some (eg Pierce) may not ne 100% up to date, but makes an interesting read..

Gears Austin Robbo

Clav Snake Webster (TBC)

XXX Hanners Langlands

XXX Paddy XXX

Lonie King XXX

Pierce Stuv Bytel

It's actually not a bad team. No wonder we are feeling the pinch!!!
Actually a pretty good team but thought an extra X on the wing, flanks & forward pocket is just what the Dr. ordered.
00630EBE-B0DD-4F8B-9FC4-EF5D17175F28.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The club is schooling high draft pick Nick Coffield as a lockdown defender who can rebound" - I thought we had a few of them.
What do you mean? We only have Geary, Webster, DMac, Savage, White, Rice, Robbo, Newnes, Paton and Hind that can do that.

Clearly 10 players that can play as a small / medium lock down defender AND rebound is not enough.

*Actually its 12 if you count Wilkie and Battle who are basically the same height as Coff (makes him lucky number 13).

I guess we have given up the midfield experiment to ensure that we have at least 1/3rd of our list that can play as a small / medium lockdown defender that can rebound.

Seriously though, given our non existent midfield depth, and all the noise about making him a mid, it is an interesting call to give up the experiment so quickly (especially when he has played basically everywhere except as a mid so far this year). But given he is a much better kick than almost all of that list, I can see the logic. Fingers crossed they just let him settle in one position and develop!

Last edited:
What do you mean? We only have Geary, Webster, DMac, Savage, White, Rice, Robbo, Newnes, Paton and Hind that can do that.

Clearly 10 players that can play as a small / medium lock down defender AND rebound is not enough.

*Actually its 12 if you count Wilkie and Battle who are basically the same height as Coff (makes him lucky number 13)

I guess we have given up the midfield experiment to ensure that we have at least 1/3rd of our list that can play as a small / medium lockdown defender that can rebound
Yes they should have kept him playing in a position he was struggling in then you could have gone the poor development.line. I suppose people just need to find faults even if it contradicts other posts

Yes they should have kept him playing in a position he was struggling in then you could have gone the poor development.line. I suppose people just need to find faults even if it contradicts other posts

Halfback flank is usually a position they throw guys to get them involved in the game without throwing them in the deep end playing against the better players in the opposing team usually have playing in the midfield.

Same as they did with Rozee in the SAFL , McGrath at the Bombers etc

Also if the kids any good he will show potential anywhere they play.

People have to start to realize all these young draftees need time to get the body right before they can make a impact.
They always expect them to come in from the draft and be ready for the 22 straight away when the are just to light or fragile.
- not everyone is like a Walsh , Rozee or a Stevenson

We have some very good talent at the club now which need developing and it takes time and hopefully they will not rush them.
Hunter , Coffield , Bytel , King , Clavarino , Paton

Saints have everything for these kids to develop and they don't have any excuses - so we have to stop blaming the coaches as well.

Has there been any recent news on Bytel? Just tracking slowly with his back? Made any ground. He should have great upside all things considered.

Gone for the year so I guess there isn't much to say apart from he hasn't had any setbacks.
Think it was Saints web site had him in the gym doing some weights

There’s certainly going to be some money available to splash around that’s for sure. Billings, Gresh & Newnes will get well compensated if they choose to stick around! We are going to need to throw a few Hail Mary deals at unsigned guns just to reach the cap.

If we lose all of Gresh, Robbo, JB, Paddy and Newnes, we may as well pack up the stars and sweep up the woods, because if that happens nothing will ever come to any good.

I think it was via Robbo (of the Dylan variety) and Gears himself, though my memory is failing me - said over the weekend that Gears was aiming for the game before or after the bye. Would be damn handy for China. And Robbo said Hanners was aiming for VFL prior to the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back