Oppo Camp Round 7 Non-Pies Games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Ross Lyon game?
Yes, l thought that freo could win as they usually play that sort of game in the past, but credit to the crows overcoming it, to win.
Was not pretty, but kept me watching till the end.

Ablett will get off, there will be an outrage if they sully the name of the great man after so long with a spotless record. It was pretty soft anyway, almost Cox soft. Take reports off the match day umpires, they are too busy to make a good assessment of a reportable offence during the middle of a match, let the panel go over every game so we don't get these weak suspensions that just get thrown out anyway.

Ablett will get off, there will be an outrage if they sully the name of the great man after so long with a spotless record. It was pretty soft anyway, almost Cox soft. Take reports off the match day umpires, they are too busy to make a good assessment of a reportable offence during the middle of a match, let the panel go over every game so we don't get these weak suspensions that just get thrown out anyway.
You take the reports off the umpires and you are handing them to the media.
Can you imagine?
Roaming Bryan would crucify players.
Brereton would exonerate a player who hospitalised his opponents.

You take the reports off the umpires and you are handing them to the media.
Can you imagine?
Roaming Bryan would crucify players.
Brereton would exonerate a player who hospitalised his opponents.

I'd rather see a player get off for a cheap shot than get suspended for a soft little push. Aussie Rules is meant to be a man's game, they are stripping the game of it's history and essence by cleansing it 100%, back in the old days you knew your opponent would try to bump you a bit after you got off the handball, even in Ablett's early days it was the norm so no wonder he was surprised to find himself in the book.

I think unless it's clear outright dirty and outside the spirit it should be overlooked, free kick or 50 maximum and anything else that needs a harder look get a panel with Leigh Matthews running it so they can tell what actually is a dangerous act and what isn't.

I'd rather see a player get off for a cheap shot than get suspended for a soft little push. Aussie Rules is meant to be a man's game, they are stripping the game of it's history and essence by cleansing it 100%, back in the old days you knew your opponent would try to bump you a bit after you got off the handball, even in Ablett's early days it was the norm so no wonder he was surprised to find himself in the book.

I think unless it's clear outright dirty and outside the spirit it should be overlooked, free kick or 50 maximum and anything else that needs a harder look get a panel with Leigh Matthews running it so they can tell what actually is a dangerous act and what isn't.
Don’t get me wrong.
I love the era of Brereton, Millane, Kelly, etc..
But this is a new era and the game faces competition from soccer and basketball.
Both “non contact” sports.
And we live in the era of helicopter parenting. Where little Johnny, or little Julie, aren’t even allowed to play in mud, let alone be shirtfronted by little Dermott.
Reality means the AFL has to show the game as clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back