Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...akens-titanic-avatar-disney-fox/#13445fa4225b

So by the end of its 2nd full weekend it will have crossed how 2 billion. How far can it go?

2nd place on the all time list all but certain now. Some are even saying it can beat avatar I dont think so but will be interesting to see how far close it can get.

Has now surpassed Titanic into second place globally. Ridiculous numbers in only its second week. “Only” $600m behind Avatar which appears a formality at this point.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Last edited:
I have been following the analytics involved (the subreddit r/boxoffice is very good at this) and there is a definite chance to beat Avatar, but it's nowhere near a formality.

Also have to bear in mind that films like Detective Pikachu opening soon will have an impact - the question is whether there is enough rewatchability to get it over Avatar, because a film like Endgame is not targeted towards casual viewers who haven't seen a Marvel movie before. Avatar drew in loads of people that were happy to pay more to experience groundbreaking 3D at Imax, for example, and had a storyline that was easy for the casual viewer to engage with.

Hmmm. Despite the in-universe explanantion and jokes, I think Back to the Future did time travel better lol

Guess I'm struggling to reconcile the need to put the infinity stones back or else stuff goes wrong vs there being no problem killing past Thanos or Nebula killing her past self. Also at the end when they send Cap off to replace the stones - they needed 3 teams to acquire them and barely got it done by the skin of their teeth, but to put them back? "Here ya go Cap, you got this yeah? Sweet, don't lose the suitcase, cheers bruv" :D

Still, small quibble in the scheme of things. Not as good as IW but overall I think they stuck the landing which is a pretty hard thing to do. " I am Iron Man", damn, the feels. Awesome finale when Strange teleported everyone there, and "avengers assemble". Wasn't sure how I felt about Cap weilding Mjolnir while watching it, after some thought though I'm on board, it was pretty cool and they did lay a tiny bit of groundwork in Age of Ultron.

Thought Fat Thor was a bit overdone, was funny the first time, probably milked it too much after that. Wish they gave Hulk more to do fight-wise, not a fan of this new prof hulk incarnation. +1 for Bucky should be the new Cap, reckon Sam's gonna look a bit funny flying round with a shield.

I had no issues whatsover with the supposed immersion breaking girl power scene, honestly had to look up what scene it was that people were talking about.

Can’t wait to go back and watch it when it gets a bit more quiet.

First time I went, was forced to sit in the very front row because of the full cinema. Forgot about it as soon as it started but I am very keen for the experience of sitting near the back.

The reactions of people seeing it for the first time add to the enjoyment for me so I've been to mostly full theatres each time I've seen it.

Actually preferred the final fight scene in this one to the one in Endgame.

I still think the first one got so much right and is a great movie, the only thing that's aged is Captain America's suit. At the time it was cool now compared to what he's worn since, it's kind of dorky 😁

I liked Professor Hulk overall and they did a great job keeping it secret so that there was a real surprise when you get to the diner scene. Having said that Banner getting the Hulk on side is a massive developmental arc for him and going the way they did means they just completely skipped over a storyline I'd really like to see.

I said before that I'd love to see a Hulk storyline pretty much without the MCU humour and instead be more serious/dramatic, try and give a bit more weight to what Bruce Banner experiences with his 'condition'. I certainly don't expect to see it and this might be Ruffalo wrapping up the Hulk maybe some camoes/guest spots to come, but there is a five year gap between Infinity War and when Banner appears in Endgame. A stand alone Hulk movie that fills in the gaps between the two could be awesome and a nice change of pace for the MCU.
Blame universal they still have the rights and are a pain in the ass to deal with

They were asking for massive profit of the film and creative control...two things Marvel won’t give up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlet Witch I believe you’re referring to :)

He doesn’t necessarily have to use it like that, the power itself embeds into him via the gauntlet. Each time a gem is placed into his gauntlet, he is enhanced.
No because (sighs) he has to resort to using the power stone to beat Cap marvel

Let that sink in they made her more powerful than the hulk

I still think the first one got so much right and is a great movie, the only thing that's aged is Captain America's suit. At the time it was cool now compared to what he's worn since, it's kind of dorky 😁

The fight was perfect. Setting, lighting, actions. Sea
mless

The fight was perfect. Setting, lighting, actions. Sea
mless
I like the avengers movie the flow was incredible from each scene to the other

The fight was the perfect cherry on top watching them basically have a one shot fight scene where they all used their powers to compliment each other

I rate the avengers film as no 1

Plenty

The hulk is insanely powerful in the comics, just annoyed me to see a character on screen that’s barely been in the MCU be more powerful than the Hulk/Thor/Cap .

Plus she’s boring as batshit in the comics

The movies violate the comics in dozens of ways so to pick on that is - dare I say it - a retaliation against certain pro-female directions that the MCU have taken. This is a comic book movie we're talking about - science and physics and time travel rules change depending on the needs of the plot.

Plenty

The hulk is insanely powerful in the comics, just annoyed me to see a character on screen that’s barely been in the MCU be more powerful than the Hulk/Thor/Cap .

Plus she’s boring as batshit in the comics

But is that more to do with your dislike of Brie Larson? Or the character herself?

One thing that still sticks out to me is the depowering of SW, from the moment she came onto the scene. But that’s the in-universe depiction and at least they’ve been consistent with it. So that’s fine in that regard.

It does become a bit more glaring when you have Thor in all his Stormbreaker glory from IW, to then being flicked aside by a stoneless Thanos like he was here. That’s more jarring for me than anything else.

Captain Marvel gave the film a bit of a touch of Justice League in that all the rest try and try and try and then daddy comes home at the end and wipes the floor with the bad guys to save the day.

Superman and Captain Marvel are so powerful they can't be in the story. Riddle me this, who would be so powerful as to make a genuine threat to either who wouldn't have been around prior?

Escalating evil guys to infinity as they get more and more powerful and less and less in touch with the world the audience lives in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back