Review Dees v Orks: the Good, Bad and Miserable

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree, Jay Lockhart was excellent and he looks to be a very capable small forward

His ball use was excellent, he's tough and he makes the right decisions, I'm a big wrap for him and will be happy to play in a forward pocket/flank for the rest of the year

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's not calling them soft though, is it? It's making sure they're aware that I'm tugging at their sleeves and inconveniencing them because they chose to wear them. And it definitely does make you easier to tackle, or at least much more difficult to break tackles.

Mate I was s**t campaigner tagger and a CHB and everytime I saw the long sleeves I thought you beauty. Oath it's soft and it was much easier to hold a bit of jumper under the arms. Way easier to tackle.
We never had them out our club, coaches would tell us to run if we were cold.

Actually flew down from Canberra for this one so it was great to get a win.

Good:
- Harmes best on. Really good across the game and did the job on JOM
- Salem was great to watch. Used it beautifully and has such good vision.
- Liked Lockhart's game a lot. He, Stretch, ANB, Hunt were good with their pressure and run. He seems pretty composed for a young fella.
- Thought Oscar looked pretty solid tbh. Took some strong marks, spoiled well, didn't have any glaring nuffs. Probably should have given away a couple of frees but whatever. Defensively didn't have as many shocking moments as Frost who got outbodied/lost in defence a couple of times which cost us goals.
- Saying that, Frost was good when it counted in the last couple of minutes.
- Hore and Hibberd butchered it a bit but also set up some of our best plays and defensively were solid.

Bad:
- Clarko's right, we aren't much chop.
- 1st half was a bit of a chore to watch. Very sloppy skills from both sides; we burned some golden chances to score but were lucky the Hawks nuffed plenty of their own. Could've easily turned out the same as last week after half-time which is worrying.
- Lewis is looking cooked. Slow and his skills are losing their sharpness.
- I reckon everyone had at least 1-2 unforced clangers in the game. Our capacity to slop up the basics under little-no pressure so consistently is worrying.

Fugly:
- Protected zone 50m penalties. Technically both are there by the stupidity of this rule, but it has absolutely no impact on the actual play. Harmes had no eyes on the player and was always moving out of the zone in both cases. Eugh, such a stupid rule. Anyway, otherwise umpiring was fair. Some annoying non-calls/softies each way.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Agree, Jay Lockhart was excellent and he looks to be a very capable small forward

His ball use was excellent, he's tough and he makes the right decisions, I'm a big wrap for him and will be happy to play in a forward pocket/flank for the rest of the year
Less important in ladder terms but worth a mention, he’s quite good looking in a quiet kind of way.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Less important in ladder terms but worth a mention, he’s quite good looking in a quiet kind of way.

Good looking enough to fill the Dom Tyson hairpiece-shaped hole in your heart?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Mate I was **** campaigner tagger and a CHB and everytime I saw the long sleeves I thought you beauty. Oath it's soft and it was much easier to hold a bit of jumper under the arms. Way easier to tackle.
We never had them out our club, coaches would tell us to run if we were cold.
Holy s**t you are a fully tough guy! Hats off!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Are you not a mod anymore?!
I’ve been suspended indefinitely for drinking in Richmond.

Nah I retired at the same time as LeverPuller. I see myself now as a Paul Roos type - sit back in a cushy commentary position highlighting what others are failing to do.

I’ve been suspended indefinitely for drinking in Richmond.

Nah I retired at the same time as LeverPuller. I see myself now as a Paul Roos type - sit back in a cushy commentary position highlighting what others are failing to do.
I see. If I’d known that half the mods had retired I would have trolled even more than I have recently but it just doesn’t seem worth the effort at this stage hey.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
100% Confirmed: Alistair Clarkson is a salty prick!!!

Melbourne are playing **** football and everyone knows it. I have no issue with Clarkson pointing this out, as childish and unnecessary as it is.

The "singing from the rooftops" comment however is premium sodium chloride. It is (and has been) clearly acknowledged by the players, coaches and supporters that the club has a tremendous amount of work to do. To my knowledge no one has claimed that we have "put our season back on track", let alone anyone directly associated with the club.

To suggest that anyone is warming up the vocal chords, let alone finding a building to ascend and croon from is needless hyperbole that only serves to continue the shitty and false narrative that Melbourne fans have "gotten ahead of themselves" or the players "drank their own bathwater".

Alistair Clarkson is an entitled, salty and classless prick just like every single one of Hawthorn's fans. The only thing bigger than his ego is the massive stick someone plunged into his arse.

**** you buddy. **** you.

No one asked your opinion on Melbourne and no one cares about it either.

If it were up to me we would just play hawthorn and Geelong on a rotating basis all season long.

No idea how many we would win, but I’m sure it would be enough to get really good at roof dancing.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Literally everyone semi-regular on this board has had a run at being a mod except for me, G2B, Topkent, blitznu and Cannon :think:
AD987371-73D1-4ECF-88F4-05B4B1F71260.gif

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Literally everyone semi-regular on this board has had a run at being a mod except for me, G2B, Topkent, blitznu and Cannon :think:
:rainbow: Think I put my hand up once about a decade ago. Thankfully nobody took me up on it.

Back