Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

By the end of 2021 he will be rated more highly than Sam Walsh. He just has that little bit of burst speed that sets him apart. That goal against Freo shows he has a high workrate, especially for a first year player coming off an interrupted pre-season.

By rumour we were really into him months out. I think we can see why.
If he develops into the gun mid I think he'll become we'll be thanking our lucky stars we didnt cough up pick 6 for Wingard (or Wingard choosing the hawks over us rather).

If he develops into the gun mid I think he'll become we'll be thanking our lucky stars we didnt cough up pick 6 for Wingard (or Wingard choosing the hawks over us rather).

Wingard is turning into an embarrassment for Talkthorn.

Hawks supporters I know were raving about his recruitment and offering condenscending condolences to us as a non-destination club for naturally missing out on his services.

This week, I can't get them to say anything about the coup recruit.

We WILL be?? I was the moment Wingard picked Hawthorn.

We WILL be?? I was the moment Wingard picked Hawthorn.

All the mail was we were never going to trade P7 for Wingard.

If Wingard had of selected us and say Bailey Williams and this yrs first went to get him, I'd have been pumped. Perfect fit for us.

Wingard will be fine.

Smith is going to be good not as quick as reports said IMO but still sharp. Pleasing selection.

Hawks supporters I know were raving about his recruitment and offering condenscending condolences to us as a non-destination club for naturally missing out on his services.

Wingard and a 3rd rounder for: Burton, first round pick, second round pick.

With the picks Port used one to upgrade a pick for Rozee and used the other on Duursma. Burton is quality.

Note we have taken 4 first rounders in the past three years and that doesn't include West who was touted as a first rounder if he was in the open draft. You might recall Aaron something was one of them, heard he played ok on the weekend.

With the picks Port used one to upgrade a pick for Rozee and used the other on Duursma. Burton is quality.

Note we have taken 4 first rounders in the past three years and that doesn't include West who was touted as a first rounder if he was in the open draft. You might recall Aaron something was one of them, heard he played ok on the weekend.

You're right, I had forgotten about the full extent of the deal. Hawks, big losers.

And you are referring to:
2016 - Timmy English, pick 18. Looks good, a few clubs may be regretting passing over him by now.
2017 - Aaron Naughton, pick 9 - champion of the game - and Edmund Richards, pick 16 - looking good, great skills and speed.
2018 - Bailey Smith, pick 7 - already in the 3 best mids in the draft and superior to one or two who went earlier the year before.

And young West, who is looking like value at pick 26 and is a player type we did not have (nuggety in and under rover/forward with a long kick) and who we had first dibs on.

So, YEAH TALKTHORN, YOU ALL HOT AIR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems like a cancer right now

The only way to build for long term success is via the draft. Can trade to top up to stay in the window I.e Hawks but you have to pay the piper eventually

Geelong have done well. They have gone back to the draft last year, but there is still a significant cliff awaiting them. A lot of there top end Selwood, Ablett, Hawkins , Taylor & Tuohy spring to mind that are closer too the end than the start.
They are 1-2 years behind Hawks but they have diverged from solely trading to going back to the draft IMO

Geelong have done well. They have gone back to the draft last year, but there is still a significant cliff awaiting them. A lot of there top end Selwood, Ablett, Hawkins , Taylor & Tuohy spring to mind that are closer too the end than the start.
They are 1-2 years behind Hawks but they have diverged from solely trading to going back to the draft IMO

I think getting Ablett back and fixing a few holes with astute cheap mature picks like Dahl has helped. I don’t think their kids are that talented, but I think they are a well drilled, systems team and play their role.

If the don’t win a flag this year, they will need to turn to the draft. Selwood, Ablett, Taylor, all on the down wood slide. Rolling the dice the Cats and it might just pay off.

I shudder to think what their obnoxious fans will be like if they win it, thank god we were classy when we won it.

I think getting Ablett back and fixing a few holes with astute cheap mature picks like Dahl has helped. I don’t think their kids are that talented, but I think they are a well drilled, systems team and play their role.

If the don’t win a flag this year, they will need to turn to the draft. Selwood, Ablett, Taylor, all on the down wood slide. Rolling the dice the Cats and it might just pay off.

I shudder to think what their obnoxious fans will be like if they win it, thank god we were classy when we won it.
Better than Hawthorn fans though.

And of course Norf.

(Geelong fans that is)

Better than Hawthorn fans though.

And of course Norf.

(Geelong fans that is)

Strange, I found the Hawks were great, really helpful and classy, with the exception of Xtreme, who is just a troll. Norf, I wasn’t on BF when they won their last flag, was BF even around then?

Geelong also fortunate/unusual with a number of quality players wanting to specifically go there recently, so they get them cheap. Including pretty much the best player in the comp in Danger.

Cats got Kelly Menegola and Tom Stewart cheap. That helps immensely. Great drafting. They have killed free agency too. Their coach only has a 50% finals win record tho so this is a big year for him. Another finals exit and the fans will get very itchy.

Hawks policy seems to be going after players where the risk is attitude/injury rather than 'can they play'. I can see that. I think they will slap Wingard into shape over time - Ive never seen a couple of senior team members give another 'senior' team member a public kicking like that.
I actually dont mind the way they trade, and they have got some good players in, no doubt about it.

But s**t I wish we still had Dalrymple. His 2016 draft with s**t picks is a slow burn, but could turn out to be amazing value. English, Lipinski, Young and Greene - its not unthinkable that they will all make the grade eventually.

Hawks policy seems to be going after players where the risk is attitude/injury rather than 'can they play'. I can see that. I think they will slap Wingard into shape over time - Ive never seen a couple of senior team members give another 'senior' team member a public kicking like that.
I actually dont mind the way they trade, and they have got some good players in, no doubt about it.

But **** I wish we still had Dalrymple. His 2016 draft with **** picks is a slow burn, but could turn out to be amazing value. English, Lipinski, Young and Greene - its not unthinkable that they will all make the grade eventually.

Seems like Sydney saw the writing on the wall regarding a rebuild, and went after him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back