Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Fat May for sure, if he can't chase anyone he will just club them instead and I'm ok with that.
Agree. He can be our designated fat guy.

Goody will have to keep Christian underwater and away from his lasagne for good now.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
He's gonna have to sit down and explain himself to off field and playing staff about his 3 pints, in the knowledge a good portion of em would be doing blow in their spare time
If you can only get through one pint an hour you're not the person I thought you were.

And for the record I think blow would be preferable to beer for Stevie, given he's fat, unfit and in rehab which apparently is not a great time to be drinking.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gets paid good money to do a job for which being fit and healthy is pretty important.

Do medical experts have any thoughts (or research findings) on the effects of small-moderate amounts of alcohol on injury recovery?

I’d be surprised if this one arvo at the pub would have any material impact. But, hope he’s not sinking piss every other day. Even if just a couple, if it’s frequent then I reckon it’d be a factor in being out of shape and struggling to recover from injury.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Disgraceful. He should only be taken out of the box for training sessions and rehab. Mad to think he wanted to visit a publican's on a Sunday of all days. We are living in dark times.

I've lost all faith in humanity personally.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I don’t know about anyone else but I was relieved after the great unveiling of the May scandal. When first announced as “full details later in the show” I instantly thought he was an ice addict and/or a major criminal.

Turns out he had a few lazy pints on a Sunday arvo. Okay maybe not ideal, but I’ll warrant he got up on Monday in better shape than me (which was pretty poor), plus he isn’t yet linked with any serious crimes or confirmed as a national party voter.

I’ll take it and still rate my weekend as above average

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don’t know about anyone else but I was relieved after the great unveiling of the May scandal. When first announced as “full details later in the show” I instantly thought he was an ice addict and/or a major criminal.

Turns out he had a few lazy pints on a Sunday arvo. Okay maybe not ideal, but I’ll warrant he got up on Monday in better shape than me (which was pretty poor), plus he isn’t yet linked with any serious crimes or confirmed as a national party voter.

I’ll take it and still rate my weekend as above average

I'm getting on the slosh tonight and will not be in acceptable shape mozza. But I'm doing it anyway

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Do medical experts have any thoughts (or research findings) on the effects of small-moderate amounts of alcohol on injury recovery?
I glanced a study online which found there was the same level of recovery impairment on injured muscles with 7 standard drinks as there was 3.5 standard drinks, so there appears to be a reason why our club (and quite a few others) ban alcohol when players are injured.

In any case given May is fat and unfit and is on loads of money and has been demonstrably undisciplined and hasn't played a *in' game while our defence is already missing one of it's key players (Lever) and is carrying a number of underperforming players and he has already copped it from the media for being useless I'd have thought he'd want to do everything he reasonably could to get himself fit and ready including staying off the beers on a Sunday arvo.

I'd happily trade him for Lumumba.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I glanced a study online which found there was the same level of recovery impairment on injured muscles with 7 standard drinks as there was 3.5 standard drinks, so appears to be a reason why our club (and quite a few others) ban alcohol when players are injured.

In any case given May is fat and unfit and is on loads of money and has been demonstrably undisciplined and hasn't played a ****in' game while our defence is already missing one of it's key players (Lever) and is carrying a number of underperforming players and he has already copped it from the media for being useless I'd have thought he'd want to do everything he reasonably could to get himself fit and ready including staying off the beers on a Sunday arvo.

Well, yeah, I mean lumumba sells himself

I glanced a study online which found there was the same level of recovery impairment on injured muscles with 7 standard drinks as there was 3.5 standard drinks, so appears to be a reason why our club (and quite a few others) ban alcohol when players are injured.

In any case given May is fat and unfit and is on loads of money and has been demonstrably undisciplined and hasn't played a ****in' game while our defence is already missing one of it's key players (Lever) and is carrying a number of underperforming players and he has already copped it from the media for being useless I'd have thought he'd want to do everything he reasonably could to get himself fit and ready including staying off the beers on a Sunday arvo.

Lumumba played multiple good games of footy for this club.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
May is an unfit and lazy campaigner and not nearly as good at football everyone seems to think. There’s enough there to criticise already, I don’t need new material
First is fixable if true, second is a bit hard to determine given he has spent the rest of his career to date at another club so hard to know what standards they determined as good enough (though he was made captain of said club so I’m doubtful he is fundamentally lazy).

Your third point worries me a bit. I liked him a lot and wished he played for us, but until he does and does it well I’m doubting my judgement. But I think he will get it together. He’s massive, talented and hits a contest. He also seems like a decent enough guy - although if he can take us on his back to a premiership I probably don’t mind if he is a cannibal so long as he doesn’t eat Oliver.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Gin and tonic is healthy if you have Hendrick's with cucumber. It's basically a salad.
I’ll endorse the Hendricks G&T, but I’m not standing for the suggestion that a vodka and soda is anything other than pointless. You might as well drink water with some carbonated urine then bash your head on the wall to kill of the standard number of cells.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was first in line to pot May.

I’m not overly bothered if he had 4 pints or less as a one off.

Must say though, I don’t believe he turned up in ‘as good if not better’ condition than he normally would have. 2/3 of our list clearly weren’t up to AFL standards after this preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back