Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Probably the first draft in years I'm not sure who I want us to draft.

*I come in and out on Lock. I like him and his potential, but then I feel like he's too risky and we may be better off putting talent around Flacco or adding to the D. Reminds me a bit of Josh Allen last yr. Big arm and pretty mobile, but not greatly accurate or adept at reading defences. High potential, but high bust risk.

*I'd like one of the Devins, but White probably won't fall to us and Bush at only 5'11" doesn't give me a lot of excitement when covering TEs. He might be in position but at 5 inches shorter he mightn't be able to make a play all the time and get boxed out.

*Hockensen would be alright, but a TE at 10 is a bit high for me, especially when you can get real good ones later on, so I'm not sold on that either.

*I'm not sold on Haskins, for mine he was the beneficiary of a WR core with ridiculous RAC ability. So if he slips I don't really want him.

*I read a rumour yesterday that we may have a deal with the 49ers, if, for some reason, the Cards don't take Murray at #1 we'll trade to no.2. But Murray doesn't seem like Elways kinda QB.

Maybe trading back is the way to go for us this year.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 00.44.50.png

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I'm pretty sure in an interview last year Marshall said that he still views Denver as his true home, despite playing for what seems like half the league.

I like him more after seeing that prediction

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
After signing Kareem it looks bad. We'll pay a 31 yr old Kareem Jackson (32 by next season), but won't pay you, a 29 yr (30 by next season) old superbowl winner that's taken a pay cut your whole career to benefit the team.

In a vacuum, sure, I'd understand it. It would suck, but it makes business sense. However, based on other signings, other vets would be looking at that and probably won't be very happy.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/what-the-broncos-draft-class-brings-to-the-team

We got:

1:20 - Noah Fant TE
2:41 - Dalton Risner - OL ( can be anywhere OL actually)
2:42 - Drew Lock QB
3:71 - Dre Mont Jones DL
5:156 - Justin Hollins LB
6:187 - Juwaan Winfree WR

Fant and Risner should be starters. Lock will sit and I pray that Flacco takes his 20 million this year and the potential of 20 again next year and teaches the kid - knowing that teaching well get him the 20 next year on the roster as the guy but to be supplanted at some point - but its better to make 20 as a clip board guy for the end of the season than nothing for all of it.

Would luv to see Elway get Peyton in to help Lock too but would be unlikley I guess - but if the OC can coach Mullins up than getting Lock up has to be a good chance.

Jones will rotate in with Harris, Wolfe and Gotsis.

Hollins and Holland will push Walker IMO out the door unless Walker starts living up to his Rd2 pedigree.

And Winfree is behind Sutton, Sanders, Hamilton, Patrick and maybe even Sunshine at this point. But if Patrick can walk on UDFA then Winfree should pass muster.

TC and OTA's will be interesting.
WE got some decent UDFA from all reports - another QB too with some rep...

Most pundits liked our draft overall - Quality character guys with a bit of mongrel and skills at their positions. If Elway can hit 19 like he did 18 - bodes well for AFC West being the hardest division in the game again.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
A ver versatile draft as well.

Fant - Very athletic, will be able to play on the line and flex outside
Risner - anywhere across the oline
Jones - will rush from inside and/or outside depending on the down and package