Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd going into bat for us (sort of) as is Bartels.

This guy says Barrets call on Bolton is "Horse-****"

Matthew Lloyd is probably trying to help his brother out. It looks as though Lloyd has got Bartel's backing not to bash us in the media. It's clear Barrett wants to sink the boots into Carlton but he's getting absolutely no support from his co-hosts.

The bulk of our midfield is under the age of 22. North had a group of older, bigger bodies in the midfield. A disappointing loss can happen under these circumstances from time to time, especially with a developing squad:

Setterfield: 21 (coming off an ACL)
SPS: 21
Fisher: 20
Dow: 19
O'brien: 19
Stocker: 19
Walsh: 18

Footy Classified vultures at it again.

God knows why we should listen to Carowhine and Hutchy on how to run our footy club.

Sacking Bolton now would be the coward's way out, and would appease those media parasitses wanting their pieces of flesh.

It ain't going to happen. Midseason sackings have rarely helped any club.
I think they were very fair Alphonse. Particularly agreed with Judd's comment; that Bolton's reference to growth was inappropriate yesterday; and that current focus is on ensuring that culture of acceptance of losses due to growth is not promoted.

I think they were very fair Alphonse. Particularly agreed with Judd's comment; that Bolton's reference to growth was inappropriate yesterday; and that current focus is on ensuring that culture of acceptance of losses due to growth is not promoted.

I'm glad Judd said that. Hopefully it will put to bed a few disagreements on this board

I'm glad Judd said that. Hopefully it will put to bed a few disagreements on this board

giphy.gif

Doc saying the players and didnt come to play and the attitude was off on the oval office. Surely someone could have picked that **** up before 1.10pm yesterday so I didnt have to watch a half of that crap
lasted a half?

lasted a half?
Just about. The Casboult kick inboard was enough to leave the seat and head for the exit. I know (hope) that half isn't really what we are about so there was no point sticking around to get sucked into the doldrums like most the 42k were yesterday

Doc saying the players and didnt come to play and the attitude was off on the oval office. Surely someone could have picked that **** up before 1.10pm yesterday so I didnt have to watch a half of that crap

What he said was that it wasn’t a great result yesterday and we didn’t rock up to play the footy we wanted to play and it was very disappointing

What he said was that it wasn’t a great result yesterday and we didn’t rock up to play the footy we wanted to play and it was very disappointing
So not a single senior member of the team, coaching staff or support staff could tell that we were off pre-game but 24 hrs later they all notice it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume this has already been posted, I have been sulking for the past couple of days. But this sort of rubbish makes my blood boil:

Media muppets trying to push our club into a catastrophic knee-jerk move over our coach so they'll have a juicy story to write.

As if copping a hiding isn't bad enough, we have to endure blatant attempts to manipulate us by clowns like "veteran reporter Damian Barrett". Has this tosser ever had Carlton's best interests at heart? I'm sure he'll have an extremely clever "if-then" statement to write about us this week. Can't wait... :rolleyes:

I assume this has already been posted, I have been sulking for the past couple of days. But this sort of rubbish makes my blood boil:

Media muppets trying to push our club into a catastrophic knee-jerk move over our coach so they'll have a juicy story to write.

As if copping a hiding isn't bad enough, we have to endure blatant attempts to manipulate us by clowns like "veteran reporter Damian Barrett". Has this tosser ever had Carlton's best interests at heart? I'm sure he'll have an extremely clever "if-then" statement to write about us this week. Can't wait... :rolleyes:
just interested in why you think he should have carlton's best interests at heart?

Dont disagree with much of that, but how Murphy skates through without a mention is baffling.
Likely because he has runs on the board and given his age isn't considered a crucial component of our list going forward, similar to how Simmo will rarely draw the ire of our supporter base.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To the guy who rang up SEN and claimed to be a member since 1956 and can't remember a worse game than last weekend - I'm so glad to see you've come out of your 18 year coma.

Last edited:
Those 'journalists' are so unbelievably negative that its exhausting. Judd is incredible if only for coming back every week to talk to them.

Constant agenda, constant need for witch hunt, constant talking down of every little thing. Such trash.

He continues to handle their questions outstandingly and with transparency, honesty and objectivity. Love it.

Those 'journalists' are so unbelievably negative that its exhausting. Judd is incredible if only for coming back every week to talk to them.

Constant agenda, constant need for witch hunt, constant talking down of every little thing. Such trash.

He continues to handle their questions outstandingly and with transparency, honesty and objectivity. Love it.
We are 1-6. 2 win season last year. 4 wins from our last 39. We look shot when a team gets the jump on us, we look shot when we build up a lead. What do you expect them to be positive about?

Bolton is right now in a very comparable position to what MM was in during his final year - by comparison Bolton is getting a very cushy ride.

We are 1-6. 2 win season last year. 4 wins from our last 39. We look shot when a team gets the jump on us, we look shot when we build up a lead. What do you expect them to be positive about?

Bolton is right now in a very comparable position to what MM was in during his final year - by comparison Bolton is getting a very cushy ride.
Two completely different positions. This week aside, the club has constantly said - at all levels - that Ws and Ls aren't the driving factor; and our development/progress is clear this year in many players. I don't suggest to know Bolts or the inner workings, but I trust him in seeing out the direction of the club. Nothing will be gained by jumping ship mid-season at this stage.

For the first time ever, the club is doing it the slow and right way - building a list for a premiership, not just finals. That means we'll occasionally get belted until it all clicks, which I personally believe will be sometime later this year or 2020 (the year - like Brisbane - we start to see real results). I think we should back Bolts in until end of 2020 then decide.

This manhunt and primal need to have a scape goat for the sake of it, when - as CJ repeated - it's being felt and the responsibility falls at all levels - not just the coach or 100% on the players.

I don't expect the media mongrels to be positive at all, it's not their MO. Like I said, it's just exhausing and why I don't watch/read a lot of their s**t. I trust what I see and read from the club as well as a few objective and what I consider well-researched and articulated media (hint: there isn't many).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back