Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not notice how the stands looked at three quarter time? Half our supporters left.

So you would consider 15,000+ people to be pathetic, fairweather campaigners?

Cookie, get back to the context of the original post that I replied too

If there is a valid reason to leave, so be it, but stating that you didn't want to waste your money (pretty sure we paid up members aren't going to pay extra by the quarter).

My opinion regarding leaving a game early, solely on the fact that we were suffering a large loss, will NEVER change, even if a million supporters see it differently

Are you serious? I sure as hell ******* well do. Suffer please.

Mate I was out this morning and the waves were pumping in with a huge SE swell and a big off shore westerly - holding up the faces of the 8 and ten footers rolling in - sweet! I (almost) felt young again and then I got dumped ....

surfing is no hobby - getting cold sitting on a stick - then getting eaten by a shark.........

My hobbies are : Photography, Golf/Surfing for fitness and mucking around making stuff in my workshop - I enjoy fixing stuff the most - very Zen.

AFL is not something people have any personal control over - very important to have a strong element of control over whatever circumstances one is in.

This is now the alpha and Omega of my accumulated wisdom regarding mental health! :p

Others probably feel more affiliated and emotionally invested with the club, especially the members, and are of the mindset that if we're going down, were all going down together. Celebrate the good times together and commiserate the bad.
Feel like telling a kid the easter bunny doesn't exist but the players dont really give two shits who is in the stand on the day. The support they need/get is having 60k paid up members which helps run the club, people there on the day at the final siren makes no difference at all

If you're not enjoying the product on offer at all why waste any more of your time. It's like complaining about a bad meal but licking the plate clean just to get your money's worth

It's hard to know if it's lack of effort or poor structures and team balance... Or both. Honestly it all has to have an effect.

I don’t see it as bad structures, I see it as being a part of bolts game style that I hate, I see it every game, our players 3-5 metres in front of opposition players, running in the same direction. They refuse to attack the player with the ball and choose to guard space thus not allowing a spare man.

I can tell the difference between guys like LOB trying and not being strong enough and people in positions to apply pressure and simply not.

you seem to think you can adjust the list weekly to suit your needs - once it is set, that's it - sorry we can't de-list and bring in players any old time to suit your idea of team balance but it just doesn't work that way........we're stuck with the group we have

What are you banging on about, who is suggesting adjusting the list mid week?

I thought I was quite clear that I don’t think we as a club and board can’t use a young side as an excuse for a poor performance when we were the ones that chose to go in so inexperienced.

Seriously, what have you got against using the reply button, we don’t know who you’re referring to.

I thought I was quite clear that I don’t think we as a club and board can’t use a young side as an excuse for a poor performance when we were the ones that chose to go in so inexperienced.

Seriously, what have you got against using the reply button, we don’t know who you’re referring to.
so along with all your other blaming, I'm blamed for post-splitters?........at least you're consistent.........you were musing if player a wasn't deemed suitable to play role b - why was he on the list - as though we put our list together to suit all situations - nice in narnia but unfortunately not that easy years out from when player a is to be used..........

I don’t see it as bad structures, I see it as being a part of bolts game style that I hate, I see it every game, our players 3-5 metres in front of opposition players, running in the same direction. They refuse to attack the player with the ball and choose to guard space thus not allowing a spare man.

I can tell the difference between guys like LOB trying and not being strong enough and people in positions to apply pressure and simply not.

It's funny you say that.

I was watching one passage on Sunday where North where trying to bring the ball out of their full back line.

They had a player standing at half back slowly leading towards the boundary with Samo about 10 metres from him . Blind Freddie could see the North was going to lead and get for the ball.

Samo just stayed about 5-10 metres back and sure enough the North player lead and got the ball.

Is this an instruction to corral the player and force the opposition to play wide ? Did Samo do the right thing ?

What choice was there?
I havent ever seen us use it as an excuse. But it is an explanation for the difficulties of being in such a situation. Most football people in the media are heard to say we are doing the right things the right way and they understand the time frame involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else find it odd that Bolts was late to his press conference because of a 150 game celebration in the rooms on a day we lost by 10 goals to the 2nd last side?

Heard Scott didn't let the north boys belt out the song until after a game review or some s**t

How do you turn a regular scheduled meeting of the Carlton Board into a full blown crisis meeting - send a channel 9 news crew out to Princes Park for a live cross, show Jeannie Pratt getting dropped off and Chris Judd walking in - and have Tony Jones make some smarts arse comments with a s**t eating grin on his face.

:rolleyes:

Two completely different positions. This week aside, the club has constantly said - at all levels - that Ws and Ls aren't the driving factor; and our development/progress is clear this year in many players. I don't suggest to know Bolts or the inner workings, but I trust him in seeing out the direction of the club. Nothing will be gained by jumping ship mid-season at this stage.

For the first time ever, the club is doing it the slow and right way - building a list for a premiership, not just finals. That means we'll occasionally get belted until it all clicks, which I personally believe will be sometime later this year or 2020 (the year - like Brisbane - we start to see real results). I think we should back Bolts in until end of 2020 then decide.

This manhunt and primal need to have a scape goat for the sake of it, when - as CJ repeated - it's being felt and the responsibility falls at all levels - not just the coach or 100% on the players.

I don't expect the media mongrels to be positive at all, it's not their MO. Like I said, it's just exhausing and why I don't watch/read a lot of their ****. I trust what I see and read from the club as well as a few objective and what I consider well-researched and articulated media (hint: there isn't many).
Well said

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barrett’s not too bright. When Lloyd says “what if they win 5”, Barrett replies, “you’re changing the situation from what we’re looking at”. Dude, there’s no round 22 situation you’re looking at. It’s totally imaginary. What hubris to act as though your imaginary outcome is more valid than the next guy’s.

Barrett is very smart and approaching the situation as a journalist and broadcaster of influence should.

What he's doing is presenting both sides of the coin across multiple articles on a week to week proposition.

One week he's praising Bolton for his efforts, the next he's saying that a 4-39 record doesn't cut the mustard for a new coaching contract.

As such, the outcome of what happens at Carlton is now irrelevant because he can reflect back on past pieces and congratulate himself for accurately assessing the situation throughout the year, albeit only 50% of the time.

There was always going to be a let down eventually. You can't play 13 players in a team with 50 or less games experience and not expect it. I will judge them this week with there response
That was my thinking last week after they let a 36 point lead go against Hawthorn, didn't work out so well.

There was always going to be a let down eventually. You can't play 13 players in a team with 50 or less games experience and not expect it. I will judge them this week with there response
Compounding that was North having about that many players with 100+ games of experience.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find it odd that Bolts was late to his press conference because of a 150 game celebration in the rooms on a day we lost by 10 goals to the 2nd last side?
Covering up for something else maybe ? Thought it was a better excuse than 'sprayed the lads for an hour'?

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back