AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - Back in the side against Sydney for 10 hitouts and a goal - 24/3

02 - draper.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 20, TheUnicorn

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a cut off? I'm sure he'd be interested as I'm fairly sure his move to Casey was to give himself a shot at an AFL career.
Last Friday. And honestly a ruck averaging 23 hitouts and 8.5 disposals a game in the VFL doesn't really inspire confidence.

Knox Harrington

Club Legend
May 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I hope the club extends Sam's contract.
1) Because he has earnt it
2) Put the deal in front of him, lock him in, and that way, it shows him that we have 100 percent faith in him as a player, meaning all he has to do is just focus on recovering and rehab
3) show of faith will make him feel more positive, and you cant overestimate the power of positive thinking in helping the body recover.

Get all members of the Bomber Army/Essendon Family behind him and he will come back hopefully next season bigger and better and raring to go.

I hope the club extends Sam's contract.
1) Because he has earnt it
2) Put the deal in front of him, lock him in, and that way, it shows him that we have 100 percent faith in him as a player, meaning all he has to do is just focus on recovering and rehab
3) show of faith will make him feel more positive, and you cant overestimate the power of positive thinking in helping the body recover.

Get all members of the Bomber Army/Essendon Family behind him and he will come back hopefully next season bigger and better and raring to go.
I don't think it's a case of the club not rating Draper, I can only remember one other rookie given a multi-year deal straight off the bat and that was Walla. It's more trying to keep his temptation from returning to SA.

Yet Goddards 10 extra hit outs a game makes him the savior?
No, but I hadn't actually looked at Goddard's stats at that point. Right now the best option seems to be Knoll from South Adelaide.
My day was ruined early when Kompany hit that inexplicable canon into the back of the net to dent Liverpool’s title challenge. But this didn’t help.
Thanks for reminding that something good happens every day :D

The top of the EFL is very close to VFL standard imo
VAFA is better than EFL and I know someone at Collegians that say that only two teams could get within 10 goals of Frankston last year, the Grand Finalists.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
VAFA is better than EFL and I know someone at Collegians that say that only two teams could get within 10 goals of Frankston last year, the Grand Finalists.

Hard to gauge but the top 3 or 4 EFL sides are very very good. I recall one of them touching up a VFL side in a practice match recently.

Back