Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Calling someone a "demanding little bumper sticker" vs "old" ??? not sure one is more or less condescending than the other.

I think if you're going to be the third man in and self appointed arbiter of justice, then you at least need to be fair.

joke over head.gif

All the way through to the tequila sunrise.

And that's it for me before Aph gets wind of and alternative cheese thread.
That cheese thread was what made me decide it was time to register and post. Even though I didnt right away it was the catalyst.
I love My family and Carlton
And silly humour.......
Its sad really...I read tons of footy discussions over the years and did nothing then one day a cheese puns thingy comes along and got me enthralled.

What’s wrong, want to attack posters and not have them stand up to you?
any more on your mail? the whole footy world is abuzz with your approaching disclosure - you have club contacts - must feel pretty special?

That cheese thread was what made me decide it was time to register and post. Even though I didnt right away it was the catalyst.
And silly humour.......
Its sad really...I read tons of footy discussions over the years and did nothing then one day a cheese puns thingy comes along and got me enthralled.

Hang around for a while well because every Olympic year we have a cheese rolling competition.

And silly humour.......

You used to have a gouda life, then got tied up with bigfooty, and now all that is left is de brie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great mark and a nice predictable choice but sorry. Why not Buchanan who moments before kicked the goal that put Sydney in front? You could say Buchanan won the game and Leo saved it. Or was it Jason Ball who won the crucial ruck contest and pushed the ball towards the goals and into Buchanan's path? I always rated Barry Hall's goal early in the 4th as a big influence on Sydney's win. But it's a dumb question by Gethlered. If you want to play this silly game you have to define the criteria for what constitutes an individual winning a GF for his team.

The thing is it's a team game - teams win GFs. I never saw a headline "Boyd defeats Sydney" in 2016.
It is something of a silly statement, you're not wrong!

As you outline in your post, though, there are positions which are structurally insignificant, but you still cannot lose badly in those positions to win a game of footy. You cannot lose - for example - at full back and win very often; you cannot lose badly throughout most of the backline if you want to win a game of football. What I'm referring to here is a position that is perhaps not as important to dominate in, but one in which you cannot afford to lose badly; I don't want to spend significant amounts of the salary cap luring and/or keeping a dominant individual in one of those roles when you could spread part of their salary with a net better result.

This is some petty shite.....#justsaying
Doesn’t anyone work anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, at the minute i'm sitting in the middle of Lake Nagambie in a peddle powered fishing kayak with a lap top and a rod of course. How about you other poor souls.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just glanced the poll at the top of the page, I think the results provide a glimpse of a portion of the next leadership group. Also think it highlights harsh reality, failure to win aside, that as member of the leadership group Murphy needed to do more to assist Cripps in resetting the required standard during that 1st half.

For those that revert to the argument that Murphy isn't a crash and bash player, he nonetheless has a voice; if unable to lead physically by example, then at least lead by direction and posture.

Hoping the leadership group is reformed end of year. It's time to align formal titles with some of the names that are living the role on field; Weiters, Walsh, Daisy...

Nope, at the minute i'm sitting in the middle of Lake Nagambie in a peddle powered fishing kayak with a lap top and a rod of course. How about you other poor souls.:p
nick over to chateau tahbilk please - this place needs a case of aged marsanne like there's no tomorrow..............

Back