Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres no opinion about it - over 4 seasons your away win record has been the bottom 5 and port.

Your team is only ever good at home - away you are pathetic.
Now you're just using itrelevent arguments. The thread is not comparing teams away records over 4 years.

You legitimately have lost all your credit, you dont even known the point you're trying to make.

I know, I was comparing the finals series of the two teams in question of the context of Eagles vs Tigers.

I think the difference was the Eagles had to get over a Pies side playing very well twice.

In 2017 there were two stand out teams in the finals series the Tigers and the Crows. The Tigers were underrated going in to September, including by me, but the signs were there in the lead up to finals if you looked. The best two teams didn't match up until the GF.

If you're rating the finals series of the three though it has to be the Bulldogs. Weirdly their supporters tend to be defensive about not finishing in the top 4. The system is designed to make it hard for a team finishing 7th to win the flag. 4 sudden death finals in 4 weeks travelling interstate twice is a very tough effort mentally and physically. They should revel in that.

Agreed but the Bulldogs lovefest meant that people just ignored the disgusting umpiring. Same as the grand final. That's why I was supporting Sydney because it made me sick how the Dogs were gifted those wins
i dont think the umpiring made the difference in the gf. but it did in the prelim.

It was a awsome effort. The crows are the only team to win three staight interstate finals on the way to a premiership though.

Was it the year you lost the first elimination final, due to changes in the finals structure.

Was it the year you lost the first elimination final, due to changes in the finals structure.
Yes it was, If it was the current system we would have played the 8th ranked team which was Essendon in adelaide. So it actualy made things harder having to travel the whole 4 weeks. Blighty was a very crafty coach. The crows won the semi,prelim, and GF comfortably, North melbourne should have had a bigger lead at half time in the GF but as they say, bad kicking is bad football and the crows steamrolled them in the 2nd half. So That achievment i doubt will ever be bettered. Another thing ill add is the crows were massive underdogs in the prelim and GF. Ive got north melbourne workmates and their still sooky and hate the crows for it, they seem to think they shoulda won it, They cant accept the crows were just too good.

Now you're just using itrelevent arguments. The thread is not comparing teams away records over 4 years.

You legitimately have lost all your credit, you dont even known the point you're trying to make.
Im using your away record over four years to point out that there is almost zero chance of your team winning a final away. The fact that your team has been so s**t away for not just one, two or three seasons illustrates this more clearly than just one season

If this were a court case that would be a perfectly valid line of argument.

Yes it was, If it was the current system we would have played the 8th ranked team which was Essendon in adelaide. So it actualy made things harder having to travel the whole 4 weeks. Blighty was a very crafty coach. The crows won the semi,prelim, and GF comfortably, North melbourne should have had a bigger lead at half time in the GF but as they say, bad kicking is bad football and the crows steamrolled them in the 2nd half. So That achievment i doubt will ever be bettered. Another thing ill add is the crows were massive underdogs in the prelim and GF. Ive got north melbourne workmates and their still sooky and hate the crows for it, they seem to think they shoulda won it, They cant accept the crows were just too good.

They sound like some Swans supporters.

The Eagles did it at their opposition's home ground. Neither of the other two could have done that.
Richmond won by the game by 8 goals, do you honestly think the margin would have changed by that much from changing ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hey remind me how many interstate finals Richmond won, how many were at their home ground?

How many won teams have won 15 home and away games but ended up 7th in an even year?

Bulldogs played two interstate finals, one against the reigning Premiers at the MCG and still the away team on Grand Final day. But we are the weakest, what do you call tough then?

Just a reminder Essendon, Geelong, Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne and Carlton have never won an interstate final.

Bulldogs also beat Richmond away at the G in 2017, their premiership year.
Essedon won an interstate final against my mob in 2003 in WA

They didn't win out of Victoria all year. So yes. If they had played Adelaide in Adelaide they wouldn't be premiers.
I think if you watch that game it's pretty clear Richmond were rampant and the better side, result would have been the same anywhere. The stats show that home ground advantage is a lot lower on GF day than during the regular season.

Anyway, for what it's worth I think WC 2018 was the strongest premiership side as it was a strong list and tougher competition in 2018.

Richmond won by the game by 8 goals, do you honestly think the margin would have changed by that much from changing ground.
Yes

In four years you beat noone of significance away from home except port who were dumped in the first week of finals by another team playing them at home

Your team has literally no leg to stand on in this issue.

Hawthorn beat us at home in 2015 then we beat them in a prelim followed by us getting flogged in the granny

They have a legitimate argument that they could have beaten us anywhere by right of the fact that they actually could and did beat teams at their home grounds

Richmond didnt - richmond were utter shiite away from the mcg

Agreed but the Bulldogs lovefest meant that people just ignored the disgusting umpiring. Same as the grand final. That's why I was supporting Sydney because it made me sick how the Dogs were gifted those wins
You sound like the most miserable of people. Watch the GF again and if you’re true to yourself you’d see it for what it is.

And that is?

Once again, if you are first to the ball you get rewarded, it’s not that ******* hard. We brought manic pressure to every game, and teams crumbled, including yours, old sour grapes. Richmond copied, and improved our game plan the following year, it’s a hard taxing game plan.

You are just pissed because you can’t dump on the Bulldogs as being unsuccessful and we shouldn’t be in the competition, which you have said ad nauseum over the years.

Once again, if you are first to the ball you get rewarded, it’s not that ******* hard. We brought manic pressure to every game, and teams crumbled, including yours, old sour grapes. Richmond copied, and improved our game plan the following year, it’s a hard taxing game plan.

You are just pissed because you can’t dump on the Bulldogs as being unsuccessful and we shouldn’t be in the competition, which you have said ad nauseum over the years.
Why is it that all non Bulldog fans think they got favoured? Review the umpiring sub forum. There's a thread on 2016 Bulldogs in there. Everyone but Bulldog fans are not wrong

Yes

In four years you beat noone of significance away from home except port who were dumped in the first week of finals by another team playing them at home

Your team has literally no leg to stand on in this issue.

Hawthorn beat us at home in 2015 then we beat them in a prelim followed by us getting flogged in the granny

They have a legitimate argument that they could have beaten us anywhere by right of the fact that they actually could and did beat teams at their home grounds

Richmond didnt - richmond were utter shiite away from the mcg
that insecurity, Victorian envy at it's finest

that insecurity, Victorian envy at it's finest
It's actually factual. Richmond designed a gameplan to suit the MCG, which to be fair was smart of them.

That doesn't take away from the fact that non MCG tenant teams have to have a gameplan that wins at other grounds because if they designed a gameplan only for MCG they wouldn't make finals as they don't play there enough.

It is no coincidence WC won the grand final last year, the first year at the new stadium that has similar dimensions to the MCG

Back