Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is just injured as well but I find it odd that the club don’t provide updates about his injuries like all of our other players.
Keep your expectations very modest. Hasn't played at all this season and running out of time to crack a VFL game. Very hard coming in as a young player coming back with nothing under your belt. You'd think he will be kept on for next year though.

Report in the local Mildura paper that Derek is almost ready to return after stress fractures. Local scoop.

Poor bastard! Stress fractures would suck. Hope he comes in and has a good end to 2018. Be interesting to see if the rumours of him being a real talent are true.

Poor bastard! Stress fractures would suck. Hope he comes in and has a good end to 2018. Be interesting to see if the rumours of him being a real talent are true.
He is a talent, classy with a lovely left foot. Best comparison I guess would be Patrick Naish. Slightly built runners. But there are a lot of them around, and wouldn't expect anything much at all this season.

He is a talent, classy with a lovely left foot. Best comparison I guess would be Patrick Naish. Slightly built runners. But there are a lot of them around, and wouldn't expect anything much at all this season.

If he can get on the park and do something worthwhile (win the VFL premiership would be nice) I'd be more than happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back