Round 7 Discussion (dedicated to Andrew Birch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
This is a lot of experience gone from the Port Adelaide side this week .....will be hard on the Rookies to standup ....Westhoff always plays well against us

1557227841572.png

Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not worried that he'll be asked to play Ebert's HF role?
You raise a good point. But it’s hard to trade Drew out when he averaged 96 points with Wines out of the team.

It’ll either be Duursma or Drew who goes this week and Drew is likely to be provide higher on field scores.

Any Port posters have an opinion on who’s likely to cover Ebert’s role? Nelso TheBeardAmigos

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
You raise a good point. But it’s hard to trade Drew out when he averaged 96 points with Wines out of the team.

It’ll either be Duursma or Drew who goes this week and Drew is likely to be provide higher on field scores.

Any Port posters have an opinion on who’s likely to cover Ebert’s role? Nelso TheBeardAmigos
The other point is Butters needs a rest ....Steven Motlop was apparently close last week ....maybe Motlop for Ebert

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Not really like for like. Motlop doesn't have Ebert's defensive capabilities. Ebert racks up the tackles.

Motlop for Robbie Gray perhaps.
Grays been out a couple of weeks now, so he's been replaced .....cupboards getting empty

If Motlop can't get in this side this week, his Afl Career is going up in smoke

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If Butters plays he may start cash gen again?:think:
Port will have to play Butters, even though he needs a rest ....7 straight games taxes any rookie .....Walsh fell in a heap after HT on the weekend ....they're sore and worn out physically & mentally

We'll see more of the GEEL approach with Clarke ......the problem is CARL should also give Walsh a rest, but they won't .....and that's where bottom sides often do harm to rookies

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If I were coach I'd be rotating SPP & Drew for Ebert's HF role this week.
I agree ....but that leaves the dilemna of who to bring in, to take those guys midfield minutes

Whilst people have applauded Ports bold trading & recruiting last year.... and playing all the Rookies has made this look a masterstroke, the issue was always that the clubs depth would be exposed if they had injuries & those rookies tired

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
If I were coach I'd be rotating SPP & Drew for Ebert's HF role this week.
I agree ....but that leaves the dilemna of who to bring in, to take those guys midfield minutes

Whilst people have applauded Ports bold trading & recruiting last year.... and playing all the Rookies has made this look a masterstroke, the issue was always that the clubs depth would be exposed if they had injuries & those rookies tired
Saw a comment or two last night suggesting Rocky moved forward when Ebert got injured last week. Surely with Wines out, Rocky stays in the middle?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Don't know what his SANFL form has been like this year or what position he's been playing there, but Sam Mayes was drafted as a HF and did play that position for his first 3 years at Brissy before moving to the wing and later to HB.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Saw a comment or two last night suggesting Rocky moved forward when Ebert got injured last week. Surely with Wines out, Rocky stays in the middle?
Gotta win the ball in the midfield .....no use being fwd if the ball's not getting down there ....More likely SPP who can apply more fwd pressure than Rocky these days ......gee he's slow

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Don't know what his SANFL form has been like this year or what position he's been playing there, but Sam Mayes was drafted as a HF and did play that position for his first 3 years at Brissy before moving to the wing and later to HB.
Sorry, assumed he was already in the side .....haven't seen enough of his this year to comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back