Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
On a side note, it was once said that Brad Pitt is a character actor, trapped in the body of a leading man. I think a similar case could be made for Charlize Theron.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah she's a bloody good actress, she's top notch in everything she does, watched tully with her on netflix the other night, she's brilliant in it.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
As above the 5th element. For some reason sbs vice land had it on repeat yesterday midday to midnight. Watched the 7ish screening. It's a great movie and so rewatch able.

Wish I'd watched it a couple of times earlier in the day instead of the footy.

I got into that SBS marathon of The Fifth Element, saw various parts over three screenings.

Interesting movie, it was like a Baz Luhrmann coloured up version of Blade Runner.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Gotti - Netflix

John Travolta plays John Teflon Don Gotti in this Netflix movie. Interesting way to start this. Knowing most of the story and how it ends didnt make this any less interesting. Travolta plays all age Gotti. I thought he did an ok job.

Supporting cast is filled with some familiar faces and they all do a good job

8/10

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finally saw Creed II. Man, the first one was a quality tribute to the original Rocky, and this one is a fitting tribute to the Rocky sequels which isn't really a good thing. Tonally reminded me a bit of Spectre, where you have a cheesy 80's plot but with a super serious tone that sucks the fun that would come from it.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Meagan Leavey

Good flick based on a true story.

Megan Leavey is a US Marine corporal who served as a Military Police K9 handler. She was paired with military working dog Rex (E168). The pair served two deployments in Iraq together. They were first deployed to Fallujah in 2005, and then to Ramadi in 2006, where they were both wounded by an improvised explosive device. Leavey was awarded the Purple Heart and the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with a "V" device denoting heroism in combat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polar - Netflix.

Got told about this movie by a mate and watched it last night. I was not disappointed but it has an obscene amount of violence from start to finish, about a guy retiring from the hitman industry with a huge remuneration that his boss decides not to pay......

Really good movie and well worth a watch.

Ruby O Fee who plays Sindy is also drop dead stunning and it is worth giving it a look just for her!!

Solid 8/10.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Interesting. My mate absolutely loved it and forced me to put it at the top of my watch list. What were your issues with it?

It tries to subvert expectations and fails. The most interesting story lines that are set up in act one get ignored. Ultimately it’s a six out of ten movie that feels less than that due to the expectations I have of the players involved.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Avengers End Game - that was 3 hours of my life and $11 I'll never get back, an absolute bore fest for three quarters of it then a confusing mess for the remainder. Seemed to be a very poor copy of Back to the Future 2 but without any semblance of a logical story. Couldn't stand how they made the only good characters wimps and pushed the weaker ones like Captain "Ra Ra Red White and Blue" and the other sidekicks who have no personality into the front roles. 2/10 (but only just)

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Avengers End Game - that was 3 hours of my life and $11 I'll never get back, an absolute bore fest for three quarters of it then a confusing mess for the remainder. Seemed to be a very poor copy of Back to the Future 2 but without any semblance of a logical story. Couldn't stand how they made the only good characters wimps and pushed the weaker ones like Captain "Ra Ra Red White and Blue" and the other sidekicks who have no personality into the front roles. 2/10 (but only just)

:eek:

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Extremely_Wicked%2C_Shockingly_Evil%2C_and_Vile_poster.png

James Hetfield makes his acting debut in this Ted Bundy movie but sorta from the POV of his missus? This is a strange movie. It never shows any acts of violence til very near the end and it almost feels like it is making a case that Bundy was innocent at times. It could almost be PG graphically, but obviously there are heavy themes and dialogue. Zac Efron doesn't really deviate from his usual in his role as Bundy, a confident cocker charmer most of the time. Richard Parsons also finds it very difficult to break his Sheldon image playing the prosecutor. Sixth Sense kid has become the six XL kid. Effy from skins hasn't aged that well. It's just a bit of a strange tone in this one that's hard to explain but I found it captivating enough and enjoyed it.

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back