Prediction Changes for Round 8 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the last 60” plasma model LG made in 2012 (I think) and I love it. Way better for watching cricket and footy on than my 4K LED.
I got the last Samsung plasma. They are far superior televisions than the LED ones for picture quality. 👍

What the world will look like when Carlton are battling for a top 8 spot..

View attachment 669277

Jack Silvagni Jnr will be list manager and the entire list will be top 10 draft picks... John Elliott will come back as president after finding the secret to everlasting life by harvesting fresh lungs by F/S prospects and will resume the under the table payments. That's the only way back... Cigarettes cost $895 a pack but Elliott still smokes.

Robbo at his best again.. screw driving Bucks on 360. Idiot.

Anyone watching it?

Not one question on how good the side is going. Really quite personal questions.. ie.. has this and that changed you as a person. Self development self reflection.. agh sto.. wouldn't have answered any of em.

Robbo at his best again.. screw driving Bucks on 360. Idiot.

Anyone watching it?

Not one question on how good the side is going. Really quite personal questions.. ie.. has this and that changed you as a person.

If I was Buckley I would get so sick of telling everyone what a changed man I am... growing a beard is a milestone in personal development... there was nothing wrong with him in the first place. You don't see any other coach having to constantly justify how much he is evolving. What is it with these campaigners? Just talk footy ffs, it's not the Oprah Winfrey show.

If I was Buckley I would get so sick of telling everyone what a changed man I am... growing a beard is a milestone in personal development... there was nothing wrong with him in the first place. You don't see any other coach having to constantly justify how much he is evolving. What is it with these campaigners? Just talk footy ffs, it's not the Oprah Winfrey show.

Precisely.

It was ridiculous.

Adams out: If Rupert's current 2's form doesn't get him a game when a contested midfielder goes out injured...trade him now!
Had injuries last year! Great form let's see what he can do.
Like Reid's form previously.
Or Sidey mid and Wells/Varcoe/Aish wing.
Sidey stepped up workrate last week when Adams got injured, luv him in midfield.

Pick a team, any team, that Collingwood have to play this weekend. And if Collingwood lose, you face Madam Guillotine.

You pick Carlton.

Of course you would. The shame of losing to that mob would be unbearable.

Loved Buckley's response on Robbo commenting on tension when Bucks was on 360. Bucks responded that there wasnt always tension just that Bucks had said that he didnt appreciate Robbo's less than fair and balanced reporting on certain issues impacting Collingwood . Robbo seemed to be so uncomfortable.

As a pies supporter I'm sick of hearing him be asked it and having to re state his position! Ditto poor old Dane Beams who keeps getting re hashed on his trade out of pieland his fathers passing his BF lions speech, his relationship with bucks..... ask some fricken decent footy questions ffs!

Pick bucks brain, what are his thoughts on the state of the game? how young players we haven't seen yet are progressing? do some research on our form line and throw some knowledgeable questions his way re the way we play etc..
Sometimes you may not get a great response as he wants to keep mum but sometimes like Clarkson has previously (in winning years) let out little gems and glimpses of their thoughts.

As a pies supporter I'm sick of hearing him be asked it and having to re state his position! Ditto poor old Dane Beams who keeps getting re hashed on his trade out of pieland his fathers passing his BF lions speech, his relationship with bucks..... ask some fricken decent footy questions ffs!

Pick bucks brain, what are his thoughts on the state of the game? how young players we haven't seen yet are progressing? do some research on our form line and throw some knowledgeable questions his way re the way we play etc..
Sometimes you may not get a great response as he wants to keep mum but sometimes like Clarkson has previously (in winning years) let out little gems and glimpses of their thoughts.

They just don't do their homework, they ask the simple obvious questions that everybody all already knows what the answer will be, even the interviewer. That's why I don't even bother watching it, I know what line they are going to take with him and I know what the response will be. With Beams and Buckley and Pendlebury and everyone... Beams' interview the other night sounds like exactly the same interview he had the night he was traded back to us... a lot has happened since then onfield but they didn't touch on it at all. I'd be very interested to hear Beams thought on slotting back in and what he sees his role as and what he thinks he needs to improve on so I can see what he's thinking and where he's trying to help us but nope you're the right it's just the same basic, common knowledge questions. I feel sorry for Beams having his father's death dragged up over and over again and having to talk about it, I wouldn't want to talk about it if I was him. Too personal. Everyone knows how much the whole time hurt him but to hear him having to try explain it is just painful to watch. All he did at the best and fairest is toe the party line but stuff changes and now he can be honest he always wanted to finish in Melbourne at Collingwood, he told his Dad he would do it, he moved to Brisbane to be close to his father but his family and friends are in Melbourne and he loves being a Pie, we've already ******* heard it, it's the middle of the season so probe him about on field stuff...

They just don't do their homework, they ask the simple obvious questions that everybody all already knows what the answer will be, even the interviewer. That's why I don't even bother watching it, I know what line they are going to take with him and I know what the response will be. With Beams and Buckley and Pendlebury and everyone... Beams' interview the other night sounds like exactly the same interview he had the night he was traded back to us... a lot has happened since then onfield but they didn't touch on it at all. I'd be very interested to hear Beams thought on slotting back in and what he sees his role as and what he thinks he needs to improve on so I can see what he's thinking and where he's trying to help us but nope you're the right it's just the same basic, common knowledge questions. I feel sorry for Beams having his father's death dragged up over and over again and having to talk about it, I wouldn't want to talk about it if I was him. Too personal. Everyone knows how much the whole time hurt him but to hear him having to try explain it is just painful to watch. All he did at the best and fairest is toe the party line but stuff changes and now he can be honest he always wanted to finish in Melbourne at Collingwood, he told his Dad he would do it, he moved to Brisbane to be close to his father but his family and friends are in Melbourne and he loves being a Pie, we've already ******* heard it, it's the middle of the season so probe him about on field stuff...

How stupid is it to re hash over questions already asked and answered multiple times both Bucks and Beams etc.

Every interview for Buckley since season started was how he had "changed" which in itself is a loaded question of so you admit you were a s**t c#$t before right?

Then every player interviewed is asked how has Buckley changed...

Then Beams is asked the exact same s**t he has not only answered in press interviews but even went so far to make not 1 but 2 expose style long interview esque talks on his last 5 years major life events. 1 from the club after the trade and then 1 at half time on Anzac day.

These are not the fault of player/coach but the lazy journalism if you can call it that. They are fishing for a drama story...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How stupid is it to re hash over questions already asked and answered multiple times both Bucks and Beams etc.

Every interview for Buckley since season started was how he had "changed" which in itself is a loaded question of so you admit you were a **** c#$t before right?

Then Beams is asked the exact same **** he has not only answered in press interviews but even went so far to make not 1 but 2 expose style long interview esque talks on his last 5 years major life events. 1 from the club after the trade and then 1 at half time on Anzac day.

These are not the fault of player/coach but the lazy journalism if you can call it that. They are fishing for a drama story...

The coaches and players of AFL are too nice and forgiving, in American sports they would just say I've already answered that, got anything else? Nope? Then I'm out of here.

It is the same question asked from players, Beams yesterday on Talking Footy was asked the same

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is the same question asked from players, Beams yesterday on Talking Footy was asked the same

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They try and build a simple narrative around a side but this is the same narrative we had last year when we turned it around it was all about how Bucks had changed as a person... it's downright lazy and we as fans have to scrape limited information from where we can get it because reporters are too lazy to know the full situation at a club and therefore don't ask the actual pertinent questions we want the answer to...

Every interview for Buckley since season started was how he had "changed" which in itself is a loaded question of so you admit you were a **** c#$t before right?

Then Beams is asked the exact same **** he has not only answered in press interviews but even went so far to make not 1 but 2 expose style long interview esque talks on his last 5 years major life events. 1 from the club after the trade and then 1 at half time on Anzac day.

The whole thing is a bit of a catch 22 waste of time though. Ask these guys about the upcoming game - "Carlton are a really impressive young team. Their ladder position isn't reflective of how competitive they've been. Blah Blah Blah" The same thing goes for all footy questions. The coaches ans senior players are too media trained. So they ask them about personal stuff in the hope they will get an interesting answer. The problem is that the blokes doing the interview are footy talking blikes who aren't great at discussing personal stuff, so their questions are lame and about things they've already talked about before. The shows just aren't worth watching.

I actually tought it was an awesome interview. Bucks pretty much ran it and came across as a statesman. Challenged Robbo about their past relationship. In fact when Robbo defended May, Bucks made the comment that if Robbos articles were underpinned by that same attitude he wouldn't have had the same issues with him. Fairness and measured rather than sensationlism.

His answer to how he has changed and how his relationship with his players had changed was also very poignant. He stated that he certainly had a better relationship with the players but for a relationship to improve, both people are party to it. To me a reference to some that were not happy about the change from MM.

In: Cox
Out: Adams
I want to see how they go together, playing Carlton is a good game to do that. We can match up on their talls and experiment.
I don't think it's that risky, since Mihochek is very versatile and could be played just about anywhere if the forward line needs another small, eg shoudl be a strong contributor on a wing or just about any defensive position, or maybe even as a ruck rover. Same is true of Reid in a slightly different way.

I reckon it’s something else ...

... there are over 750 players in the AFL + 18 each of senior coaches, Presidents, CEOs, Footy bosses, media contacts, teams of coaching assistants + Folks in AFL HQ, + Fellow media + past players.

And all that gets turned over around 15% every year.

That is a fair amount of people to keep track of. And most of those people are pretty dull and vanilla. Little wonder people get pigeon-holed. Did you know Scott Pendlebury played basketball as a junior? And Steele Sidebottom kicked 10 goals in the TAC Cup Grand Final?

But it’s 2019, there should be some database / google / CRM / Wikipedia / Champion data / AFLstats thingies to help them keep track of it all.

I actually tought it was an awesome interview. Bucks pretty much ran it and came across as a statesman. Challenged Robbo about their past relationship. In fact when Robbo defended May, Bucks made the comment that if Robbos articles were underpinned by that same attitude he wouldn't have had the same issues with him. Fairness and measured rather than sensationlism.

His answer to how he has changed and how his relationship with his players had changed was also very poignant. He stated that he certainly had a better relationship with the players but for a relationship to improve, both people are party to it. To me a reference to some that were not happy about the change from MM.

People will hate on Robbo for just being Robbo, but I enjoyed it as well. Buckley hadn't been on 360 since he was a regular a few years ago and had a falling out with Robbo. He should ask questions he hasn't been able to for a few years.
They are important questions he hasn't had the opportunity to ask on his show and took that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back