Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hutchy is a knob and I will no longer and have not bought footy record since he took ownership as I will not contribute to his financial gain in anyway

I only buy a record if the seller yells it out in the appropriate manner....REC-CORD! GET YOUR REC-CORD!

Last edited:
To the guy who rang up SEN and claimed to be a member since 1956 and can't remember a worse game than last weekend - I'm so glad to see you've come out of your 18 year coma.
ok, I may have thrown some mayo at it.....

To the guy who rang up SEN and claimed to be a member since 1956 and can't remember a worse game than last weekend - I'm so glad to see you've come out of your 18 year coma.

Obviously was still asleep when we played them last year.

The article on the HS this morning spoke about the please explain being sent to Bolton. And the explanation for being late was due to the milestone celebration
Ahh yes, the HS has never been wrong.

I would think it was an acknowledgement rather than a celebration. The acknowledgment was well deserved.

Not trying to demean the milestone at all but surely a 2 min thankyou is enough for a 150th game

Maybe it was. Then maybe Ed nattered on a bit long.

Who knows.

Either way - using the word "celebration" in the headlines is designed to create a specific response. "Carlton got smashed, then went and had a party". Do you really think that's what happened? Of course not, but it's the story they want to imply, knowing full well that social media will do the rest.

Maybe it was. Then maybe Ed nattered on a bit long.

Who knows.

Either way - using the word "celebration" in the headlines is designed to create a specific response. "Carlton got smashed, then went and had a party". Do you really think that's what happened? Of course not, but it's the story they want to imply, knowing full well that social media will do the rest.
Just don't get why the club didn't say he was late because of a scathing review of the game if that's what actually did happen. Why lie and say he is late by an hour for a 150th celebration if that isn't the real reason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and I think Gecks is asking the right questions.
Think they all dance around it a bit and don't really nail it on the head. Mckay says mindset should be player driven, tbf Andy it should be on both coaches and players.

I did like that they turned the heat up a bit though. It's OK to be critical and still be on board.

When “Baz” talks about not wanting to
come in to the show, but thought he’d show some “effort” unlike Carlton because there’s listeners out there hanging on his every word. Baz...seriously....just calm it down a notch

Guys and Gals we are witnessing greatness here with Crippa. We’ve got a young bloke here who could very well end up one of if not the greatest captain our clubs ever had. **** all the negativity of the rebuild and losses and all that. Just sit back and enjoy the show. We may never have another bloke as capable leading our team in our lifetimes. The guys a freak footballer and a good old fashioned footballer. Man crush is an understatement

Guys and Gals we are witnessing greatness here with Crippa. We’ve got a young bloke here who could very well end up one of if not the greatest captain our clubs ever had. **** all the negativity of the rebuild and losses and all that. Just sit back and enjoy the show. We may never have another bloke as capable leading our team in our lifetimes. The guys a freak footballer and a good old fashioned footballer. Man crush is an understatement
Absolutely ... and when Doc is back we really have two great leaders with differing traits of which loyalty seems to be one of the similar traits ...

Think they all dance around it a bit and don't really nail it on the head. Mckay says mindset should be player driven, tbf Andy it should be on both coaches and players.

I did like that they turned the heat up a bit though. It's OK to be critical and still be on board.
I think Gecks is dying to unload but knows the likely response from Andy so holds back. He’s on the right track though. Age is one thing but there’s something missing in the communication or absorption of message( or the message itself, if there is one).

Haven't listened to the current episode and probably won't. I've been finding Gecks pretty painful listening in the last two eps - just a bit of an arrogant yet whining tone that he didn't have last year. He even managed to fill an hour with whinging when we won. I get enough of that from the Carlton supporters I am close to. All for constructive criticism, but the whinging makes me want to throw my phone at someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back