Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
I got the last Samsung plasma. They are far superior televisions than the LED ones for picture quality. 👍

gettyimages-946907986-612x612.jpg

I actually tought it was an awesome interview. Bucks pretty much ran it and came across as a statesman. Challenged Robbo about their past relationship. In fact when Robbo defended May, Bucks made the comment that if Robbos articles were underpinned by that same attitude he wouldn't have had the same issues with him. Fairness and measured rather than sensationlism.

His answer to how he has changed and how his relationship with his players had changed was also very poignant. He stated that he certainly had a better relationship with the players but for a relationship to improve, both people are party to it. To me a reference to some that were not happy about the change from MM.
I get this, but it could have been only part of the narrative. Some footy related questions, on the team, strategy, how he sees the next few weeks, will we try out new kids etc would have been nice.

But Robbo being Robbo he just hijacks the show to talk his drivel.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get this, but it could have been only part of the narrative. Some footy related questions, on the team, strategy, how he sees the next few weeks, will we try out new kids etc would have been nice.

Exactly. Absolutely sick to death of Bucks and the players being asked about what's different with him and how he's changed. It's asked ALL THE TIME. The same questions. Beams was asked on Talking Footy, Moore was asked last week a few times as well (in the Hun and on 7). Permeated last year as well, when we started rising up the ladder.

The only specific update on the team that Whateley just asked was if Cox would be playing, at the very end of the segment.

Boogy

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wills form deserves a go. If he doesn't get a go now (with Sier coming back) he never will. See what we have or boost him for trade if we are not going to use him!

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tv's have sure come a long way,
My family got there 1st colour TV in 1978,I felt like we where the last people in Australia to get it.
1977 was back to back weekends at my Uncle and Aunties re the Grand Final.
And watching the 1977 grand finals in black and white as a kid, I bet we still could tell which was us and which was north.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
People will hate on Robbo for just being Robbo, but I enjoyed it as well. Buckley hadn't been on 360 since he was a regular a few years ago and had a falling out with Robbo. He should ask questions he hasn't been able to for a few years.
They are important questions he hasn't had the opportunity to ask on his show and took that opportunity.
Whilst hate is a strong word, I dislike Robinson.
Simply because I don’t respect him.

He slurs, looks like an unkept bed, has no original thoughts, and isn’t good at what he does. Does not come across as professional and with decency lacking.
That and he has a lower thresh hold of integrity.

He likes dogs, so at least that’s a tick.

Whilst hate is a strong word, I dislike Robinson.
Simply because I don’t respect him.

He slurs, looks like an unkept bed, has no original thoughts, and isn’t good at what he does. Does not come across as professional and with decency lacking.
That and he has a lower thresh hold of integrity.

He likes dogs, so at least that’s a tick.
If he lets Wheatley speak more and not interrupt him all the time, the show could be much much better

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham

I disagree. You aren't wanting the same 'boring' questions but propose they asked the same boring questions all coaches get asked. No coach is going to give away anything useful or interesting about the football side of it. They are too guarded.

Take Robbo out of it and listen to the content. Regardless of what Robbo wanted or what he asked there was some great stuff from Bucks. I had no idea (and am relieved) that he no longer reads media stuff and has identified what battles to fight rather than all of them. Also that when you go against the media you will not only lose as it is their job to comment, but that it took him away from his job.

I would take that sort of info rather than injuries, who is coming in etc that I am going to get every other time and only have to wait till Friday to find out.

underbelly

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2008
Yan Yean
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Macleod 2nd's,
In : Aish & Varcoe
Out : Adams & Greenwood

Wouldn't surprise to see Callum Brown dropped but I hope not

What's happening with Daicos ? I haven't been paying any attention to the reserves

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
People will hate on Robbo for just being Robbo, but I enjoyed it as well. Buckley hadn't been on 360 since he was a regular a few years ago and had a falling out with Robbo. He should ask questions he hasn't been able to for a few years.
They are important questions he hasn't had the opportunity to ask on his show and took that opportunity.

But robbo given he is in the media watches other media outlets so questions related Bucks' personal development was not an important question, as he has been asked multiple times before and answered multiple times before.

It was lazy ill prepared journalism, fishing for a bite whilst giving a back handed compliment basically saying :"your going great now you changed but before that don't ya think you were a drop kick the team hated?".

Its a now redundant and often asked often answered loaded question, that shed nothing new we havent heard earlier. Ditto the Beams interview.

But robbo given he is in the media watches other media outlets so questions related Bucks' personal development was not an important question, as he has been asked multiple times before and answered multiple times before.

It was lazy ill prepared journalism, fishing for a bite whilst giving a back handed compliment basically saying :"your going great now you changed but before that don't ya think you were a drop kick the team hated?".

Its a now redundant and often asked often answered loaded question, that shed nothing new we havent heard earlier. Ditto the Beams interview.

95% of footy interviews are a complete waste of time. Even if the interviewer is great (which they never are) players are usually not the most interesting blokes around if you want to discuss a topic outside of footy, and they give highly prepared nothing answers to footy related questions.

We tune in because we are footy heads, but there is very rarely anything worth listening to.

RGpies

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Mayne putting his hand up for selection if he trains strongly tomorrow. Does he come straight back into the seniors onto a wing to allow Sidebottom to replace Adams in the middle?

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Mayne putting his hand up for selection if he trains strongly tomorrow. Does he come straight back into the seniors onto a wing to allow Sidebottom to replace Adams in the middle?
If the match committee thinks he's right to play seniors after a lengthy lay-off, he's my first choice to come in.

If the match committee thinks he's right to play seniors after a lengthy lay-off, he's my first choice to come in.

I think it'll be a certainty if they think he's good to go. Sidey back into the guts to replace Adams. Mayne to replace Sidey on the wing.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
95% of footy interviews are a complete waste of time. Even if the interviewer is great (which they never are) players are usually not the most interesting blokes around if you want to discuss a topic outside of footy, and they give highly prepared nothing answers to footy related questions.

We tune in because we are footy heads, but there is very rarely anything worth listening to.

Yeah, the vast majority is fluff these days. Even the ABC which used to be worth listening to pre-game because you would get to listen to Wheatley et al and some interesting discussion/analysis has now gone with Lemo and a feeble attempt at some radio version of a Front Bar - Footy Show hybrid. Losing Wheatley to the commercials has really hurt them. Thank God for the Coodabeens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back