Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And oranges at three quarter time.

I was stuck in a pocket or centre half bench so had plenty of time to pick them out of my teeth during play. It's not like I needed the energy lift but I had a couple anyway because that's what you do. Wear the orange slice like a mouthguard and squirt the water bottle all over your face like your completely exhausted when you really didn't break out of a jog the entire quarter... and then mumble out "cmon boys, we got this" and make your way back to the bench in time to get the dressing gown first.

Steven May

Is that a bullet we dodged?

Nah a cheeky brew on a Sunday is nothing. We decided to throw our eggs in Beams basket and that's that. Even if we didn't we couldn't afford what Melbourne paid but May will end up making a big difference at Melbourne.
Just seems to find ways not to play chunks of seasons.
I think 17 is the maximum games he’s ever played in a season. Not changing this year by the looks either.
Angry bull ant.

Nah a cheeky brew on a Sunday is nothing. We decided to throw our eggs in Beams basket and that's that. Even if we didn't we couldn't afford what Melbourne paid but May will end up making a big difference at Melbourne.
I think we dodged a huge bullet for the price they wanted. Clearly his professional standards are lacking. He’ll make a difference but not this year.

Yes.
Wears a shin guard on one leg.
I imagine it's the one he leads with when he jumps, but could be another reason for it.
Cox also has a shin guard.
Made from the wood of a Tasmanian Eucalyptus.

(They needed a big big tree)

I can confirm that this still happens. To be fair, parents now mix it up with watermelon or apple or whatever.

But whenever I'm on fruit duty, they WILL have orange slices and they WILL pull silly grins with orange peels for teeth.

It's my civic duty.

D641027E-4F80-45CD-8D57-F8FE823D8C2A.jpeg

Robbo defending Steven May about the drinking.... and we all know why. As Robbo says, everyone heads for alcohol when they have problems. You could say Robbo has embraced May's plight ..and now for Buckley. You get the impression Robbo filled up the tank before tonight's show to top up his dutch courage...

Robbo defending Steven May about the drinking.... and we all know why. As Robbo says, everyone heads for alcohol when they have problems. You could say Robbo has embraced May's plight ..and now for Buckley. You get the impression Robbo filled up the tank before tonight's show to top up his dutch courage...

Nice little dig from Bucks there to Robbo - all in the name of Wolf Blass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I thought weed was the drug of choice for the mellowed out individual.
Appears not.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/n...aramedic/8acee2b6-91eb-4de0-8149-e434b4e09826
And the drug f’d idiot attacked a paramedic! In uniform!
You gotta wonder what weed does to the human mind.

Over using it you become dependent on it and it brings on psychosis and perhaps schizophrenia... someone who is going through a drug induced psychosis is so out of touch with reality they are capable of doing anything based on their delusions. It would be a disaster if they legalised weed and everyone replaced their alcohol consumption with weed. It's like any drug, it catches up with you. People act like it's harmless but it's not. I know from personal experience.

Nice little dig from Bucks there to Robbo - all in the name of Wolf Blass.

Yeh I think Nathan made his point. The drunk was relying on this "buckley has gone through a complete metamorphosis" argument. The reality is that buckley let go of the reins a little and trusted others to get their jobs done.... and they had to step up and do it. The problem with the drunk is that he gets all his human behaviour theories from a pack of drunks down at his local. As he made it plainly clear in the Steven May segment. He thinks everyone is a drunk. He thinks everyone hasnt got a backbone..... and buckley shot it back to him referring to the drunk's comment that 95% of people turn to the bottle when things get hard.

In the end if buckley had said, yes i was tied up in a knot 2 years ago so I decided to relax and hit the bottle.... the drunk would have smiled and agreed.

OK now I'm beginning to really doubt myself... cos yes when I'm faced with a personal (or any) problem consuming a brain fuddling substance is such a great plan.... But I still think I'll leave my drinking etc to when I want to relax... not problem solve..

Bucks is way to clever for Robbo and Robbo hates it
Robinson finds comfort in the bottle. It’s his happy place.

He’s a non thinker, inarticulate, never has an original thought, bereft of subtle nuisance...
In other words poor and talentless.

Robinson finds comfort in the bottle. It’s his happy place.

He’s a non thinker, inarticulate, never has an original thought, bereft of subtle nuisance...
In other words poor and talentless.

Robinson and Whateley are shamelessly based on the broadway play and tv sitcom - the odd couple. Gerard is the felix unger of the couple. The guy who does all the housework and keeps everything running. Robinson is supposedly there to provide the spur of the moment emotion. He's there to reflect the flea bitten drunk sprawled on the footpath pissing in his pants, shouting at the world, telling everyone the first thing that comes to his mind.

The problem is that Robinson - like all drunks - engages his mouth before he's really sure what he wants to say. He did it earlier in the show and he just waddled around in his brain, opening doors and finding nothing of value. He does seem to spark up when it comes to talking about alcohol and the stories associated with getting drunk. Other than that, I've never had a time when I found myself smiling, listening to him.

It's kind of peculiar that there are people on TV like Robinson and Caroline Wilson who are so underwhelming. Wilson is supposed to be on the thinking side of the odd couple, and I've never found her to ever be impressed with her. If you want the other side of the Odd Couple, the real template is someone like Mick Molloy who wisecracks his way through it all. Robinson is neither a thinker or smart arse. He's just there.

It's interesting to realise that when buckley joins whateley on SEN radio on their weekly bit, there's nothing lost from Robinson not being there. In fact, he actually used to clutter up the time on 360 with his waddling. In some ways, I'd like him get the flick but I understand that if he did he'd be in the gutter the following week or permanently in a bar with Steven May pissed as a newt. I cant wish him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back