Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Watching the 2nd half against the hawks and there was a huge moment for our season.

Oliver marks it on the HBF, instead of going long down the line he holds and then goes backwards and we switch the play. Wagner makes a decently difficult to Brayshaw who turns inside to Harmes and then inside 50 to goal.

We went back to begin but kept Hunt and Garlett deep which spread the field. Hopefully a turning point for our ball movement for the rest of the season

I sort of recall this. Do you remember a little more precisely when it happened so i can go back and watch it?

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney is being selfish imo and our midfield mix has looked much better with him out of the side and brayshaw playing more outside

If he can swallow his pride and play a defensive forward role I'd like him in the team but otherwise with his level of fitness and form he needs to be out of the centre square

Watching the 2nd half against the hawks and there was a huge moment for our season.

Oliver marks it on the HBF, instead of going long down the line he holds and then goes backwards and we switch the play. Wagner makes a decently difficult to Brayshaw who turns inside to Harmes and then inside 50 to goal.

We went back to begin but kept Hunt and Garlett deep which spread the field. Hopefully a turning point for our ball movement for the rest of the season

Just watched it. Notice Lewis is the one who directs Oliver to go back.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I'd give Viney another week before bringing him back in. Preuss in for Keilty would be my only change. I do like the idea of Viney playing as a defensive/pressure forward. I think he could be quite effective playing there and it would improve our midfield flexibility. I don't think it will happen, but when we bring Viney back in, I would like to see him play forward for the majority of the game rather than in the midfield.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
We're hoping to bring back Hanley and Weller
Our board asking for Horlin Smith and Young out - gives us a bit more pace.
Our mids are also pretty slow (miller, florin, bowes, miles) but our flankers are pretty quick (weller, hanley, ainsworth, powell)
Your best options are going fast against us. There’s not much point going with a heavily geared inside group. If you’re smart you’ll understand that we aren’t, and that if you go fast on the outside you’ll catch us out and put our mediocre defence under insurmountable pressure.

Someone like Peter Wright will probably kick 5 if you exploit us for pace.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney is being selfish imo and our midfield mix has looked much better with him out of the side and brayshaw playing more outside

If he can swallow his pride and play a defensive forward role I'd like him in the team but otherwise with his level of fitness and form he needs to be out of the centre square
Yeah agree. No point in playing him if he isn’t 100%. He is a liability otherwise. He takes far too long to get into the game. If he isn’t fit he just doesn’t play.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
We're hoping to bring back Hanley and Weller
Our board asking for Horlin Smith and Young out - gives us a bit more pace.
Our mids are also pretty slow (miller, florin, bowes, miles) but our flankers are pretty quick (weller, hanley, ainsworth, powell)

What’s up with Rankine

Back