Politics The Extinction Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

When it comes to pollution and consumption, or using renewables and so forth they dont really have a choice living here do they?
Everyone has a choice. They could choose not to drive, choose not to have large screen TVs, reduce their energy consumption, etc. They choose to live like Australians.

Why would I repudiate (ethnic nationalism) when it can deliver freedom to what currently is the most persecuted minority in the world?

So you do strongly support ethnic nationalism, as I asserted above.

Tell me, how would you like to see it implemented in Australia?

What should be done about the 'non-whites' that are currently here? And what do we do with the native population?

Everyone has a choice. They could choose not to drive, choose not to have large screen TVs, reduce their energy consumption, etc. They choose to live like Australians.

No, I'm talking about regulation of waste and energy policy. Simply by living here they are going to be bound by our policy on renewables, recycling, pollution and so forth.

Like Total Power was saying. If they moved to Switzerland, they're bound by those rules as well, assimilation into the local culture or otherwise.

It's his umpteenth incarnation. Hes smart enough to know where the line is on this one.

They always get cocky and eventually push it too far though.

Who's 'they'?

No, I'm talking about regulation of waste and energy policy. Simply by living here they are going to be bound by our policy on renewables, recycling, pollution and so forth.
No, they aren’t. Renewables are not a panacea. Plenty of ways to reduce consumption without policy directing people.
Tell me, how would you like to see it implemented in Australia?

What should be done about the 'non-whites' that are currently here? And what do we do with the native population?
I have no problem with “non-whites” living in Australia. I have a problem with unrestricted immigration and open borders.

You and Total Power implicitly believe in the latter.

I have a problem with unrestricted immigration and open borders.

Does Australia at present have either?

Does any political party in Australia (including the Greens) advocate for unrestricted immigration and/or open borders?

*s sake, the Greens want to double the number of Asylum seekers to 50,000. Does that sound like 'open borders' to you?

Does Australia at present have either?

Does any political party in Australia (including the Greens) advocate for unrestricted immigration and/or open borders?

****s sake, the Greens want to double the number of Asylum seekers to 50,000. Does that sound like 'open borders' to you?

They also want no one in detention and to stop any "harsh" practises at our borders, how do they plan to enforce 50k exactly? Probably just ask the poor folks nicely not to come to Australia should work a treat.

Yeah increasing our population here is a massive impact on our ecosystem I watched Tim Flannery on ABC yesterday explaining this and whilst climate change was an impact, within Australia destruction of habitat use of pesticides and tapping water sources is just as big or bigger impact on extinctions.

To suggest that a larger population wont have an effect on the natural environment of Australia aside of climate change, especially from folks who believe in man made climate change? Beggars belief imo.

To suggest that a larger population wont have an effect on the natural environment of Australia aside of climate change, especially from folks who believe in man made climate change? Beggars belief imo.

1920px-World_population_density_1994_-_with_equator.png

Yeah nah.

1920px-World_population_density_1994_-_with_equator.png

Yeah nah.

Yeah so why are our rivers running dry and extincting species faster than just about anywhere else on the planet? Because as was mentioned earlier ours is a fragile ecosystem not as capable of supporting vast populations of people or animals but yeah just get all that grey part on your map and fill it with migrants should be good.
Also lol at:

Humans dont cause global warming...

...but migrants do!

What do you thing migrants are you clowns.

Now you really gotta stop being intellectually dishonest, or maybe you are just clueless/failed to understand the point. It's not global warming that is the issue for Australia it is habitat destruction, from expanding urban areas and increased farming and tapping of water sources but stopping dat der coal will fix it all... WRONG.

Yeah so why are our rivers running dry and extincting species faster than just about anywhere else on the planet? Because as was mentioned earlier ours is a fragile ecosystem not as capable of supporting vast populations of people or animals but yeah just get all that grey part on your map and fill it with migrants should be good.

Now you really gotta stop being intellectually dishonest, or maybe you are just clueless/failed to understand the point. It's not global warming that is the issue for Australia it is habitat destruction, from expanding urban areas and increased farming and tapping of water sources but stopping dat der coal will fix it all... WRONG.

So your argument is migration to Australia is worse for the global environment and species extinction... than mining for and burning billions of tons of coal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO my argument is that migration to Australia is bad for Australia's ecosystem.

And mining 500 million metric tons of coal each year (100 million tons we burn each year) is... *what* for Australias ecosystem?

Just to get you started, the burning of coal for electricity produces 29% of Australia's total greenhouse gas emissions, based on 2013-2014 Clean Energy Regulator data.

Save your crocodile tears for someone more a tad more gullible thanks.

And mining 500 million metric tons of coal each year (100 million tons we burn each year) is... *what* for Australias ecosystem?

Just to get you started, the burning of coal for electricity produces 29% of Australia's total greenhouse gas emissions, based on 2013-2014 Clean Energy Regulator data.

Poor Form already outlined that extinction has multifactoral causes outside climate change, such as changes to land use and water availability. Eg the extinction crisis for insects has little to do with climate change.

You posted an image of the world colour coded by population density. Which bioregion do you want people to move into first? Amazon, Daintree or what?

And wouldn't increasing Australia's population also increase our demand for energy, along with demand for various other mined resources? I realise that migrants specifically may have the same carbon footprint in their country of origin as they would have with a prospective life in Aus. But this discussion is about the impacts on Australia itself.

No one made this argument. This is why no one respects you.

Lol. OK *******, explain the following (from this thread):

Whats the inference there? That he doesnt believe in man made climate change.

Before you answer, consider his earlier views on the topic (in a different thread):

Are you a sky is green denier? Just because you hold an opinion no matter how vehemently doesn't make someone else a "denier" for not agreeing and yeah climate change isn't even close to a fact.

But go ahead and obfuscate or backpedal again.

Before you answer, consider his earlier views on the topic (in a different thread):

But go ahead and obfuscate or backpedal again.
Why should anyone be aware of what arguments were made three months ago on a wholly separate thread?

Christ, you are disingenuous.

I repeat, no one made the argument you stated.

No it doesnt reduce pollution. Those people just pollute and consume elsewhere.

In fact Australia has an advanced recycling and waste management system for a developed OED nation. They're probably less of a burden here than they would be elsewhere.

Developed nations also have lower birth rates so it's also a win win for future generations of the planet.

to be fair most of the large companies in aus don't even recycle the waste in their recycling bins, just goes to the same place as the normal trash.

Poor Form already outlined that extinction has multifactoral causes outside climate change, such as changes to land use and water availability. Eg the extinction crisis for insects has little to do with climate change.

Is the extinction crisis for insects limited to Australia alone?

Or is this a discussion about how we can save Bees in Australia... by not accepting any more refugees?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back