QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

what does this mean?

Are you suggesting there are different rules for Gympie or something?

Do they have a history of poor on-field behaviouir? I've never heard anything about them in that regard
Come on mate you know there are different rules for different clubs.
However I've never heard a club having those restrictions put on them.
Clubs have had worse suituations and no restrictions.
No sure you can ban a club because of poor discipline.
But hey you never know with head office.

Come on mate you know there are different rules for different clubs.
However I've never heard a club having those restrictions put on them.
Clubs have had worse suituations and no restrictions.
No sure you can ban a club because of poor discipline.
But hey you never know with head office.

Perhaps there is more of an issue than simply poor discipline.

Perhaps there is more of an issue than simply poor discipline.
Maybe but this forum is nothing but factual information so I'd be surprised if someone couldn't tell us.
The poster from Gympie earlier in the year could chip in now.
Plenty to talk about now after a few rounds.

Got up for the ressies but left to get back to go to lions.
Chatting to one of the lads on Sunday was informed three yellow cards for Gympie.
Last week had a couple as well so I'm told.
Probably not going to help your cause so I'm tipping Gympie not to feature in finals.
Moorooka my Smokey for finals this year.
Fantastic turn around for them.
Don't care who they have brought in or where from.
Everybody does it.

Tommy and Bushy have gone a great job at Moorooka to get them at least competitive.

Maybe but this forum is nothing but factual information so I'd be surprised if someone couldn't tell us.
The poster from Gympie earlier in the year could chip in now.
Plenty to talk about now after a few rounds.
Reckon it’s bs. They didn’t have a poor record in wide bay comp. remember they have combined with Pomona though, might have been issues there?

Reckon it’s bs. They didn’t have a poor record in wide bay comp. remember they have combined with Pomona though, might have been issues there?
16 reports last season that’s the story I’ve been told not sure if there is any truth in that tho

Lack of discipline accompanied with some growing pains at Gympie. Still only our second year as a combined squad, prior to the merge we finished last and second last with 3 wins between us and onto a premiership the very next year. Still a very new team still learning to play together. A lot of our report issues came up last year through issues with the umpires mainly being club umpires through the comp a lot of one eyed viewing into incidents all ins only ending with reports for us while they got off but can’t get into that too much without getting in trouble. Players held a meeting last night into what’s going wrong and where to change things. Two very young captains in a 20 and 24 year old just need to step up their level of leadership and accountability for the lack of discipline within the team. It’s no secret we’re all a bit hot and temperamental down at Gympie and Pomona and don’t mind a little scuffle. Sure things will get patched up and we’ll come out better it’s just not gonna piece together right away in our 2nd year and moving up a few tiers in competition. We weren’t expecting to come into this comp and tear it apart and snag another premiership. Goal for the year was to be competitive. Realistically we could have been 2-2 and have shown we can compete. It’s just getting that team cohesion and playing a full game in 5th gear rather than 2-3 quarters and to keep our heads.

Last edited:
what does this mean?

Are you suggesting there are different rules for Gympie or something?

Do they have a history of poor on-field behaviouir? I've never heard anything about them in that regard

Yes they’re dogs, apparently in the practice match against Noosa they threw cheap shots. But I’m only going off what I’ve heard. They’re not all like that though.

Pretty certain you’re a Nambour bloke. Only Nambour have this skewed view of us since we use to touch them up every game in the local comp. A few use to sook we were too “rough” in the way we played. Can say we throw hands often but that’s usually on the end of retaliation and we all know only the retaliation ever gets seen..

I’m not a Nambour bloke. Actually.

That’s why I said “apparently” only going off what I hear

I’ve also heard they were told no 3 times by AFLQ before they got accepted into this comp

We were told no our first appeal. Driving force to that is they didn’t think we could field two teams every week and they were desperate to keep teams in the wide bay competition due to their only being 4 sides. Disciplinary issues were also brought up but here we are so obviously not as bad as made out to be.

Pretty certain you’re a Nambour bloke. Only Nambour have this skewed view of us since we use to touch them up every game in the local comp. A few use to sook we were too “rough” in the way we played. Unfortunately we have a few blokes who throw hands often but that’s usually on the end of retaliation and we all know only the retaliation ever gets seen..

Nice deflection. 'Nambour' played a good, hard and fair game against the Cats just two weeks ago and earned their win. Any decent posted would acknowledge that and set about fixing their own back yard rather than implying garbage like that which breeds ill feeling between clubs and playing groups. 3 weeks and 3 red cards and some massive internal issues if the whispers are to be believed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice deflection. 'Nambour' played a good, hard and fair game against the Cats just two weeks ago and earned their win. Any decent posted would acknowledge that and set about fixing their own back yard rather than implying garbage like that which breeds ill feeling between clubs and playing groups. 3 weeks and 3 red cards and some massive internal issues if the whispers are to be believed.
Lack of discipline accompanied with some growing pains at Gympie. Still only our second year as a combined squad, prior to the merge we finished last and second last with 3 wins between us and onto a premiership the very next year. Still a very new team still learning to play together. A lot of our report issues came up last year through issues with the umpires mainly being club umpires through the comp a lot of one eyed viewing into incidents all ins only ending with reports for us while they got off but can’t get into that too much without getting in trouble. Players held a meeting last night into what’s going wrong and where to change things. Two very young captains in a 20 and 24 year old just need to step up their level of leadership and accountability for the lack of discipline within the team. It’s no secret we’re all a bit hot and temperamental down at Gympie and Pomona and don’t mind a little scuffle. Sure things will get patched up and we’ll come out better it’s just not gonna piece together right away in our 2nd year and moving up a few tiers in competition. We weren’t expecting to come into this comp and tear it apart and snag another premiership. Goal for the year was to be competitive. Realistically we could have been 2-2 and have shown we can compete. It’s just getting that team cohesion and playing a full game in 5th gear rather than 2-3 quarters and to keep our heads.
Gympie are 1-3, realistically (what ever that means) has nothing to do with it.

Let me rephrase as I totally wiffed, meant as prior Nambour players hence calling them Nambour. Have had no issues with their current playing group as Hinterland.

Last edited:
All of what you have said is raw and honest.
However if discipline and hot heads are the problem then two young captains are not to blame.
Players take responsibility for their actions and coaches inforce a set of rules.
If such behavior is tolerated once it's defending that behavior.
The leader of players at any club is the head coach.
It's his responsibly not to accept that behaviour.
When a hard stance is made that sends a clear message to the rest of the group.
Anything other than that is just making excuses for what's happening.
I know a yellow or red card for late shots or umpire abuse or fighting gets you a game in the twos before you get another shot at firsts.
When I coached it was a very simple rule everyone knew it and only ever had to use it once.
Letting the players who have been involved in this behavior sort it out at a team meeting is like letting the nutters run the asylum.
One bloke stands in front of the group lays down the law then enforces it.

Have it on pretty good knowledge that Gympies senior playing group are a bunch of piss heads and are heavily on the piss every Friday night together. Wouldn’t be be suprised to see them not win a game from here if thats the attitude they’re bringing to their footy.

Have it on pretty good knowledge that Gympies senior playing group are a bunch of piss heads and are heavily on the piss every Friday night together. Wouldn’t be be suprised to see them not win a game from here if thats the attitude they’re bringing to their footy.

Don’t know what the playing group does away from footy as I’m only a spectator. Can only hope that’s a crock of s**t but they definitely don’t come in fresh for games and are throwing up out there which I’ve naively mistaken for a lack of fitness. If that’s the case then I’d think that would get round to the coach eventually and doubt he will stand for that.

Let’s get off Gympie a little here. What players do off the field shouldn’t be an issue unless what is happening off the field directly correlates to on the field incidents. I think we all need to give it a rest and move on to other things around the league.

Let’s get off Gympie a little here. What players do off the field shouldn’t be an issue unless what is happening off the field directly correlates to on the field incidents. I think we all need to give it a rest and move on to other things around the league.
Nah, lets keep laying the boot in, its just starting to get interesting.

Well if they are on the piss friday and vomiting on the field Saturdays.
I would assume that correlates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back