Mod. Notice State of the Board - Feedback and Suggestions welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the umps it’s the inconsistent application of rules.

Thread banning, days off etc dished out for the most minor of things then blatantly turning a blind eye for others.

Seems to be quite cliquey. This is coming from a guy that pays to be on this site. So come at me.

I would agree, Loin. As a long-time reader (years) and reasonably new user, I feel there are certain posters who get a free ride and are 'untouchable', one who has attacked me personally twice and accused me of being a Collingwood supporter on one occasion, and a Geelong supporter on another. Whatever floatsd his boat (has a fair opinion of his own opinions too).
Actually see a few people who criticise/attack people for what I would call less than favourable critiques of [players etc - or what they deem negative - only for these people to be overly negative in another thread.
Pretty laughable that it's open slather on B. Ellis, but you can't as much query Dusty.

I would agree, Loin. As a long-time reader (years) and reasonably new user, I feel there are certain posters who get a free ride and are 'untouchable', one who has attacked me personally twice and accused me of being a Collingwood supporter on one occasion, and a Geelong supporter on another. Whatever floatsd his boat (has a fair opinion of his own opinions too).
Actually see a few people who criticise/attack people for what I would call less than favourable critiques of [players etc - or what they deem negative - only for these people to be overly negative in another thread.
Pretty laughable that it's open slather on B. Ellis, but you can't as much query Dusty.

Can you report the posts if it happens again please. No one is untouchable

Try and criticise Lynch and you will be lynched at the stake then set fire to.
Personally I think the board has minor issues and is running at its peak. If Snake Baker and excessive sticky threads are our concerns then life’s a breeze. It’s pretty obvious from the feedback that there’s nothing to see in here and most problems can be resolved in a PM .

just give em s**t back :)

Just on points of views, sometimes a minority point of view is just that. Posters can feel set upon, but when 90-95% all thinking one way and 5% the other, well it’s only gonna go a certain way.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

This is what frustrates me . You offer an opinion or comment , get called a “ camiaigner”and the whole gang follows suit !! You learn not to comment on some posters comments . It’s just a waste .Giant cliques and the view that new posters have no cred !! In the end you just read , maybe a like but nothing else . I really admire CB17 jaklaugjing tiger2010 EJW Sterge grocadock Michaels and joelsyt , all encouraging with a positive disposition.
This is my second stint on BigFooty. I love the Tigercast , it’s brilliantly run and a highlight of my week . But the board needs to treAt fellowTigers with respect , be welcoming and save the vitriol and bullying crap for druggies supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate if you can't even spell my name properly...
*** * ****...its not rocket science... :)

Just on points of views, sometimes a minority point of view is just that. Posters can feel set upon, but when 90-95% all thinking one way and 5% the other, well it’s only gonna go a certain way.

No it's not!
I refuse to follow a crowd even with a 100,000 members...oh wait...

No it's not!
I refuse to follow a crowd even with a 100,000 members...oh wait...

You can refuse all you want, but, sometimes swimming against the tide is exactly that. Maybe people who feel attacked just don't put forward a strong enough argument? I haven't always agreed with stuff but i don't take it personally. It's how stuff goes sometimes. And sometimes people don't back off on a point of view and create tension. There's a whole bunch of stuff to consider.

You can refuse all you want, but, sometimes swimming against the tide is exactly that. Maybe people who feel attacked just don't put forward a strong enough argument? I haven't always agreed with stuff but i don't take it personally. It's how stuff goes sometimes. And sometimes people don't back off on a point of view and create tension. There's a whole bunch of stuff to consider.
Dont beat around the bush....what are you trying to say here?!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont beat around the bush....what are you trying to say here?!?!

* man, I don’t know. I just start and point A and kinda wing it from there :(

I feel like a newbie here even though I lurked for a couple of years before joining this time last year. Since I’m a creeper and lurk on the other team boards with some regularity, I do have to say this is by far the most sarcastic, humorous and dare I say it ‘whimsical’ (!) team boards going.

We just don’t take ourselves too seriously do we?

I reckon that’s a result of surviving following a team that were s**t for so long. All in all considering it’s a footy board and mainly populated by blokes, I reckon it’s a pretty accepting, welcoming crowd here, as long as you’re just as crazy as the rest of the posters. :drunk:

The lowlights are the savage tearing down of players after a loss, the injury trolling of oppo and even our own bloody team and some of the denigrating stuff that is thankfully pretty uncommon (homophobic jokes, blackface jokes or denigrating VFLW players for example). But I don’t think it’s worth policing much more heavily since it’s balanced out by so much humour, genuine analysis (sometimes!) and camaraderie heaving through our board.

Highlights for me as an example of that balance include the GF 2017 thread that is bumped from time to time (must never be locked!), the how you became a tiger thread (have shed plenty of tears reading those posts you bastards, pretty sure the entire thread is filled with Konrad Marshall alt accounts because the posts are so eloquent) and CB 17’s post after the 2018 elimination final getting behind the team and having a positive thread to reflect on how great 2018 was.

In closing, I had a week off over Easter and the following Sunday I got an alert with my screen time usage indicating my number one screen time usage of any app was Bigfooty.com with 27 (!) hours in that week, that’s over a bloody day I spent reading and laughing at you crazy campaigners! Wouldn’t have it any other way.

I feel like a newbie here even though I lurked for a couple of years before joining this time last year. Since I’m a creeper and lurk on the other team boards with some regularity, I do have to say this is by far the most sarcastic, humorous and dare I say it ‘whimsical’ (!) team boards going.

We just don’t take ourselves too seriously do we?

I reckon that’s a result of surviving following a team that were **** for so long. All in all considering it’s a footy board and mainly populated by blokes, I reckon it’s a pretty accepting, welcoming crowd here, as long as you’re just as crazy as the rest of the posters. :drunk:

The lowlights are the savage tearing down of players after a loss, the injury trolling of oppo and even our own bloody team and some of the denigrating stuff that is thankfully pretty uncommon (homophobic jokes, blackface jokes or denigrating VFLW players for example). But I don’t think it’s worth policing much more heavily since it’s balanced out by so much humour, genuine analysis (sometimes!) and camaraderie heaving through our board.

Highlights for me as an example of that balance include the GF 2017 thread that is bumped from time to time (must never be locked!), the how you became a tiger thread (have shed plenty of tears reading those posts you bastards, pretty sure the entire thread is filled with Konrad Marshall alt accounts because the posts are so eloquent) and CB 17’s post after the 2018 elimination final getting behind the team and having a positive thread to reflect on how great 2018 was.

In closing, I had a week off over Easter and the following Sunday I got an alert with my screen time usage indicating my number one screen time usage of any app was Bigfooty.com with 27 (!) hours in that week, that’s over a bloody day I spent reading and laughing at you crazy campaigners! Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Good post

I think posters can be too easily offended by opposition trolls. Then sound like whinging toddlers asking why their mum isn't protecting them 24/7.

Report it or ignore it, just don't take it so seriously. Take the piss out of them if you want, or make some banter. You'll always have power in numbers mods or no mods.

Agree. But the 1% completely triggers me

Lol doubt it Cletus

I had my appraisal yesterday. ******* nailed it. Boss had one funny observation though. He claimed I deliberately throw grenades in meetings then sit back. Reckons i pick a topic at certain times.
Best bit is it’s true. Sometimes meetings need to fire up, or i get bored, or i just know a bloke is seething and just needs a push....i can’t help myself :(

I had my appraisal yesterday. ******* nailed it. Boss had one funny observation though. He claimed I deliberately throw grenades in meetings then sit back. Reckons i pick a topic at certain times.
Best bit is it’s true. Sometimes meetings need to fire up, or i get bored, or i just know a bloke is seething and just needs a push....i can’t help myself :(

Having met you, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings lol

Having met you, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings lol

It’s all about the timing and my levels of boredom.

I’m a relatively new poster and have really enjoyed being able to shoot the sh.t on here. I have a sticky beak on other forums from time to time but genuinely think ours is the best because of a heap of reasons.
I’ve appreciated the way I’ve been able to talk to our Mods and how they’ve treated me and a thanks goes out to Sterge who could’ve picked up the heavy stick after I’d started a thread about made a few unsavory comments about Daria Gavrilova and the 2017 premiership cup incident, but he deleted it and sent me a message.
I just hope we don’t lose some of the typical Aussie “get stuffed if you can’t take a joke” gags that come up and I don’t mean well known kamikaze smartass posters.

One suggestion and it does verge on the impossible...
If posts could be catergorised as vitriolic then it’s only one step away from them being hidden unless you hit a button to ask to view em.
Then perhaps players could pick up more of the well wishes, positivity and banter without letting the over the top negative bullsh.t enter their heads.

Or maybe thats just more censorship...I dunno, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back