Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So arr you’re saying we could be contending in three years? I’d be okay with that

No i'm saying you are sitting middle of the road for the next 3 years at least but that it also depends on what approach you take.

Does he flick the pensioners mostly all at once or does he do it over the next 5 years.

Does he replace them with all kids, all top ups or a mixture of both.

Who knows so it's very difficult to give any sort of estimate.

What i am very confident of though is that you're going to be unsuccessful for a much longer period than many many Hawks fans think.

No i'm saying you are sitting middle of the road for the next 3 years at least but that it also depends on what approach you take.

Does he flick the pensioners mostly all at once or does he do it over the next 5 years.

Does he replace them with all kids, all top ups or a mixture of both.

Who knows so it's very difficult to give any sort of estimate.

What i am very confident of though is that you're going to be unsuccessful for a much longer period than many many Hawks fans think.
No top eight for next three years then?

No top eight for next three years then?

Come on give me a break here i don't have a crystal ball and i've provided you reasons as to why it will depend on which approach you take on how long you will have no success.

What sort of idiocy is this? Hawthorn were given fair compensation for those players. When an opposition club comes with more money and more years for out of contract over 30 player you either offer them a similar deal or lose them for peanuts.

Wasn't Lewis 28/29?

4 timer and vice captain. Deleds fetched a first rounder and achieved 2 tenths of ferk all in his footy career. Gibbs even more. We gifted these blokes away, which is why it put so many noses out of joint with supporters. Fair enough too.

It's very dependent on how quickly Clarkson flicks the pensioners and do you recruit kids or more top ups.

It's a big variable.
He won't flick all. Will be a measured/ balanced release. Like Geelong are doing. You can't move them all at once, then you become Carlton - with kids who get smacked every week.

We may get Cameron or Krueger will have 2 years under his belt. Taylor has already been transistion and we won on the weekend without Selwood.

The GOAT is irreplacable but was always the cherry.

😂 😂 😂

This year is Geelong’s last chance to get themselves a premiership. Hawkins is nearly done. Selwood only plays well when he is sooking and playing the victim when he ducks. Tim Kelly is out the door to West Coast for a late first early 2nd, The game has gone pass Taylor, Dangerfield rarely hurts the opposition with kicking, only has another 3-4 years left. Diesel Williams left Geelong in 1985. Unless you mean the GOAT is that bald headed, overrated god bothering hack GAJ, where it’s only a matter of time this season before his ego takes control, and Geelong choke once again.

😂 😂 😂

This year is Geelong’s last chance to get themselves a premiership. Hawkins is nearly done. Selwood only plays well when he is sooking and playing the victim when he ducks. Tim Kelly is out the door to West Coast for a late first early 2nd, The game has gone pass Taylor, Dangerfield rarely hurts the opposition with kicking, only has another 3-4 years left. Diesel Williams left Geelong in 1985. Unless you mean the GOAT is that bald headed, overrated god bothering hack GAJ, where it’s only a matter of time this season before his ego takes control, and Geelong choke once again.

Danger had 8 touches on the weekend. Looks to have tweaked that knee too. Brutal game.

Gaz is in a purple patch at present, but it's a false dawn. Once the cats drop off slightly, he ain't interested in defending, nor chasing. Will quickly become a liability like he was in the finals last year.

This season is a moving beast. It's a fickle game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger had 8 touches on the weekend. Looks to have tweaked that knee too. Brutal game.

Gaz is in a purple patch at present, but it's a false dawn. Once the cats drop off slightly, he ain't interested in defending, nor chasing. Will quickly become a liability like he was in the finals last year.

This season is a moving beast. It's a fickle game.

Agree. You just need to look at how Gold Coast are playing as a team now that Ablett has gone. Most ego driven player I have ever seen.

😂 😂 😂

This year is Geelong’s last chance to get themselves a premiership..
Been hearing that for 6 years. The fact we're still in contention is the reason there's so me angry opposition supporters across respective boards wearing their tin foil hats.

😂 😂 😂

Now this is troll slop.

😂 😂 😂

You lost all credibility with the following;

1. Selwood ducking
2. GAJ being overrated

Seriously, if people think Selwood’s only talent is ducking then they know NOTHING about footy :)

You lost all credibility with the following;

1. Selwood ducking
2. GAJ being overrated

Seriously, if people think Selwood’s only talent is ducking then they know NOTHING about footy :)

Fact: Selwood does duck. Has the highest free kicks for in head high tackles. Will admit has been a good in and under player. The ducking has been a huge part of his game.

Fact: GAJ is highly overrated. Geelong won a premiership after he left in 2011. The suns are starting to improve that he has left. If he was so good as people suggest, then like the true greats he would have elevated those around him, along with himself. 1-2 handball disposals is not a measure of a great team player, but a player driven by his own stats. Hence he is overrated.

Fact: Selwood does duck. Has the highest free kicks for in head high tackles. Will admit has been a good in and under player. The ducking has been a huge part of his game.

Fact: GAJ is highly overrated. Geelong won a premiership after he left in 2011. The suns are starting to improve that he has left. If he was so good as people suggest, then like the true greats he would have elevated those around him, along with himself. 1-2 handball disposals is not a measure of a great team player, but a player driven by his own stats. Hence he is overrated.

So by this definition you don't rate Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back